maybe islam really is the light
this video about the janitorial department of the shrine at mecca has a higher production value than some feature films

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
more people shouldw orship meteorites
still want to make my canadiana indie darling heist film about liberating the manitou stone from the royal alberta museum.

a few years back there were talks about finally repatriating the stone to local indigenous peoples, looks like instead they decided to give it a Very Special Exhibit in the new museum building. it's a pretty good microcosm of modern empire: we're still gonna enslave you and pillage everything you hold sacred, but it's going to be SO RESPECTFUL this time!
Make it a documentary
i was really looking forward to Edmonton Noisefest but not a single one of my friends can make it now so if I go I'm gonna be spending 10 hours alone at a venue where the only person there who isn't a stranger is my ex. we don't really get along. so i'm gonna do the brave, healthy and mature thing

shriekingviolet posted:

i was really looking forward to Edmonton Noisefest but not a single one of my friends can make it now so if I go I'm gonna be spending 10 hours alone at a venue where the only person there who isn't a stranger is my ex. we don't really get along. so i'm gonna do the brave, healthy and mature thing

i'm pullin for ya, we're all in this together

LE FOND DE L'AIR EST ROUGE
just watched bresson's lancelot of the lake and the devill, probably back to back. what a downer!
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

hell yeah mothrefkcuewr

[account deactivated]
holy tpaine, you drink a lot and your wife is dead, these are some posts that youve said
death is certain, so it's ok to pace yourself. no need to rush things.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
There was a racist old man on the bus today coming home harassing Chinese people and I yelled at him. I just finished a 12 hr night shift and it was all I could do not to beat the shit out of him.

growing up I never knew I could have this much rage but holy smokes world is a fuck
News from home:
Canada police arrest five naked people after 'bizarre' car crash

NISKU, Alta. — Mounties say kidnapping charges are pending in a bizarre case just south of Edmonton involving a two-vehicle collision and suspects who were not wearing any clothes.

Investigators say a man, a woman and an infant were forced from a home in Leduc County into a vehicle Monday against their will.

While the car was being driven, the man, who was in the trunk, managed to escape.

The woman and her baby then managed to get away.

The three were then picked up by a passerby in a truck, which was then rammed by another vehicle and ended up in a ditch.

RCMP then arrested five suspects, a man, two women and two female youths, who were all naked when they were taken into custody.

"Of the five subjects arrested, three adults remain in police custody," Mounties said Tuesday in a release.

"Two of the subjects arrested were youths, and have been released with no charges."

Police did not say why the suspects were not wearing clothes or which vehicles they were in.

Police say the three people forced into the vehicle were not injured.

Investigators say the suspects and the three people know each other.

shriekingviolet posted:

News from home:
Canada police arrest five naked people after 'bizarre' car crash

NISKU, Alta. — Mounties say kidnapping charges are pending in a bizarre case just south of Edmonton involving a two-vehicle collision and suspects who were not wearing any clothes.

Investigators say a man, a woman and an infant were forced from a home in Leduc County into a vehicle Monday against their will.

While the car was being driven, the man, who was in the trunk, managed to escape.

The woman and her baby then managed to get away.

The three were then picked up by a passerby in a truck, which was then rammed by another vehicle and ended up in a ditch.

RCMP then arrested five suspects, a man, two women and two female youths, who were all naked when they were taken into custody.

"Of the five subjects arrested, three adults remain in police custody," Mounties said Tuesday in a release.

"Two of the subjects arrested were youths, and have been released with no charges."

Police did not say why the suspects were not wearing clothes or which vehicles they were in.

Police say the three people forced into the vehicle were not injured.

Investigators say the suspects and the three people know each other.

nudism today is more exciting than it was in the past

we talked about this on ALBERTA PODCAST.... at first i thought it was a david cronenberg 'crash' type situation where they were trying to get into a car wreck so they could fuck in it but apparenlty it was actually a kidnapping :$
can u hook me up with ALBERTA PODCAST ? I have family around Leduc rural Alberta is really fucking weird

Edited by neckwattle ()

marimite posted:

just watched bresson's lancelot of the lake and the devill, probably back to back. what a downer!

now watch the fire within by louis malle to cap it off

The decadence of malls, living in a booj as fuck city, general misanthropy
today is the last day for AIM, my irl friends are all holding vigil in our ancient AIM Blast group and those of us who can are gonna day drink to hold a wake
[account deactivated]
family
Lol I feel you. I was talking with my brother about how I don't care if low wage employees do time theft and he said, apropos of nothing, "oh I suppose KIM IL-SUNG did nothing wrong?!?!"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i made carbonara the other night, another classic artery screamer. italian is probably the simplest and easiest "luxury" cuisine, great stuff. might make putanesca next week (resisting urge to make a bhpn joke)
[account deactivated]
that looks good. i use half an onion in mine and 5 cloves garlic, minced and fried down to almost nothing so it doesn't interfere with the intended simple texture of the sauce, and a little heavy cream with the eggs instead of some of the cheese to really let the black pepper stand on its own. usually i fry everything so hard that i need to use a little cooking wine to deglaze part way through so as not to burn it. it ain't carbonara if it's not nearly carbonized!

this week we also had some leftover fresh asparagus that needed to be used so I threw that in near the end just long enough to sear a bit, a betrayal of the simplicity of the dish but it was delicious.

there's a great little italy in town here for good pancetta but it's too pricey for me to use outside special occasions so I just use cheap bacon and imho for carbonara it barely makes a difference, especially with the brute force way i make it. save the nice cuts for the more delicate dishes.

shriekingviolet posted:

it's really depressing me lately how all public discourse is people acting like children online and taking themselves/others seriously

like it's an international news item that x person posted a screenshot of 2 years ago when one kid called them a bad word on twitter, or some identity group that they aren't a member of was once potentially slighted. i am losing my fucking mind. if everything that everyone, everywhere has to be treated like a royal proclamation and political action, we live in a world where public discourse is essentially held hostage by any given 14 year old on twitter. not even all the 14 year olds collectively, it only takes one.

i feel like i am beginning to be unable to participate in normal society or know what normal society even is. it's just me and the few people i talk to. soon enough i am going to start petting an imaginary cat.

i've been reading Berger & Luckmann's The Social Construction of Reality and it sure got me thinking. about drinking

Edited by drwhat ()

been on a bender, nothing too bad but dealing with moving twice in two months, skimming the surface of debt, new job, new city, closer to family and the responsibilities that come with it. overall, still feel pretty good about leaving where i left. and feeling pretty good about this Ketel One hitting my tim-tum.