regardless of whether they are still here or not lol, because i have no idea

88888 posted:

I've decided that I'm going to start dieting tomorrow. I have a healthy, well-rounded diet, and I get a fair bit of exercise at work, but my voluminous appetite always has me wanting (and going for) more when I know I shouldn't be: I have given myself the simple and excruciating goal of not doing this. Anyways I was going to start today but this bread is just too damned good

i m doing keto along with the 16-8 intermittent fasting thing. dont know if it s good for health but at least it s definitely good enough for losing weight lol

88888 posted:

had some bread for lunch

still reeling from this post

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

here i still feel like im trying to get a foothold and integrate myself i guess and i still feel like im posting like im completely isolated and not part of this place whatsoever

rhizzone is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In the 'zzone you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the rhizzone motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

the rhizzone reggae
hello to our new unstable and manic poster itt im sure great things will flourish from posting at the rhizzone for all involved
postin' makes me feel good

sovnarkoman posted:

postin' makes me feel good

mods?

sovnarkoman posted:

dont know if it s good for health but at least it s definitely good enough for losing weight lol

it is absolutely not good for your health but everyone loves a pretty corpse, for more information visit Diet Yourself To Death two forums down

What posting does is, it causes your body to produce fewer endorphins, so when you do get an endorphin you go bugshit for it
i kind of feel like i should stop posting here, and im not using that as a threat, largely because i feel people dont want me (understandably), and a big part of why im here is having some kind of community. my security practice is very bad and i need to figure it out somehow but for me there are several reasons why its hard and doing it in such a way that wouldnt entail emotional loss is something i would need to consider. i post in a very stream-of-consciousness manner thta is almost directly representative of my thinking, i pretty much just think into the keyboard and hit post. i started to realzie this when a perceptive friend pointed out that i dont really post with an audience in mind and thats probably part of why my posts sometimes get overlooked. in any case besides being open as a way of expressing that im looking for connection theres another reason for it, which is that strict privacy around whats going on in my head isnt an option for me really. like imagine if i hadnt been posting about the detailed specifics of the wya in which im mentally ill.. it would be dangerous for me and for you as well, im sure someone would have called me a cop by now. i posted a bit about the risk to others too, because sometimes i say things that are convincing and people trust me because despite being insane i still have a lot to offer intellectually and emotionally even, i think. so to correct for this, because its not good for me to keep these things inside, i try and say what im thinking but couch it very tentatively so as to allow people to question me too, which is hard. everyone who ever writes about recovering from abuse tells you to own your opinions and be confident because that kind of pernicious self-doubt erodes your sense of self to an insane degree and leads to a lack of autonomy, but for me i have to do it for my safety and everyone elses, its just non-negotiable pretty much. which is hard to have to go into insane detail and put all this work into considerign things from every angle, how to say it, who to say it to, etc. i have to do so much more than everyone else to even be marginally socially acceptable lol and people still treat me with weird disdain and concern whenever i say anything. its very isolating. and people jsut tend to assume im dangerous and i guess yeah i put someone at risk pretty badly here, twice in my short posting tenure. objectively yes from a certain angle i am a liability. which is part of why i have distanced myself from organizing after switching orgs, because i realize i am not the kind of person people should trust to know anything important. thats jsut how it is lol. in any case im not going to beg anyone to accept me here because i do understand why people might not want me to post and i respect the integrity of this community, but i think it would be sad if i left. not only for me. but also for you because yeah i have some really serious issues but i feel i have demonstrated at this point already at least the potential to add a lot of value to the discussions here. and ultimately whta i really care about more is being friends with people here. ill make effortposts sure, and i care about that stuff, but thats really a means to an end. in a way i feel my motivation is using my skills in kind of a calculated way to get people to like me. its not why i do this stuff, i care about reading and learning to an extreme extent but im not motivated by that in a social setting as much really. shitposting with friends on the blue forum is just as good to me and in some ways better because people are so distant here. but my home is dying which is uh why i even started posting and this place seems like the next best option. honestly lol

shriekingviolet posted:

sovnarkoman posted:

dont know if it s good for health but at least it s definitely good enough for losing weight lol

it is absolutely not good for your health but everyone loves a pretty corpse, for more information visit Diet Yourself To Death two forums down

the only diet advocated in dytd happens to be fairly high calorie and often high carb, a liquid diet, like a juice cleanse in a lot of ways

i kind of feel like i should stop posting here, and im not using that as a threat, largely because i feel people dont want me (understandably), and a big part of why im here is having some kind of community. my security practice is very bad and i need to figure it out somehow but for me there are several reasons why its hard and doing it in such a way that wouldnt entail emotional loss is something i would need to consider. i post in a very stream-of-consciousness manner thta is almost directly representative of my thinking, i pretty much just think into the keyboard and hit post. i started to realzie this when a perceptive friend pointed out that i dont really post with an audience in mind and thats probably part of why my posts sometimes get overlooked. in any case besides being open as a way of expressing that im looking for connection theres another reason for it, which is that strict privacy around whats going on in my head isnt an option for me really. like imagine if i hadnt been posting about the detailed specifics of the wya in which im mentally ill.. it would be dangerous for me and for you as well, im sure someone would have called me a cop by now. i posted a bit about the risk to others too, because sometimes i say things that are convincing and people trust me because despite being insane i still have a lot to offer intellectually and emotionally even, i think. so to correct for this, because its not good for me to keep these things inside, i try and say what im thinking but couch it very tentatively so as to allow people to question me too, which is hard. everyone who ever writes about recovering from abuse tells you to own your opinions and be confident because that kind of pernicious self-doubt erodes your sense of self to an insane degree and leads to a lack of autonomy, but for me i have to do it for my safety and everyone elses, its just non-negotiable pretty much. which is hard to have to go into insane detail and put all this work into considerign things from every angle, how to say it, who to say it to, etc. i have to do so much more than everyone else to even be marginally socially acceptable lol and people still treat me with weird disdain and concern whenever i say anything. its very isolating. and people jsut tend to assume im dangerous and i guess yeah i put someone at risk pretty badly here, twice in my short posting tenure. objectively yes from a certain angle i am a liability. which is part of why i have distanced myself from organizing after switching orgs, because i realize i am not the kind of person people should trust to know anything important. thats jsut how it is lol. in any case im not going to beg anyone to accept me here because i do understand why people might not want me to post and i respect the integrity of this community, but i think it would be sad if i left. not only for me. but also for you because yeah i have some really serious issues but i feel i have demonstrated at this point already at least the potential to add a lot of value to the discussions here. and ultimately whta i really care about more is being friends with people here. ill make effortposts sure, and i care about that stuff, but thats really a means to an end. in a way i feel my motivation is using my skills in kind of a calculated way to get people to like me. its not why i do this stuff, i care about reading and learning to an extreme extent but im not motivated by that in a social setting as much really. shitposting with friends on the blue forum is just as good to me and in some ways better because people are so distant here. but my home is dying which is uh why i even started posting and this place seems like the next best option. honestly lol

Relax or your little heart is going to pop like a corn

swampman posted:

Relax or your little heart is going to pop like a corn

i would like to make a joke about how i never get mad online but i am very mad online and this isnt a nice thing to say to me right now.

Ok, well, have some perspective, it seems like you're way more worreid about this than anyone else, your posts have been edited, life goes on, there are still people aroundhere who consider jokes about fail Aids to be funny and acceptable so its not like your going to be chased out unless you'r are actually a fascist person. Maybe eat some yogurt and read poetry, it would help me if i ever felt human emotions. God bless.
I believe ppl can change & hope you find emotional stability GUSSR but i don't really think just waiting for someone to resolve the issues that make them post some random person's personal information is a good idea. being able to recognise that issue is a good first step but offsite forums aren't a good place of support for making those behavioural changes.

Edited by blinkandwheeze ()

blinkandwheeze posted:

i don't really think just waiting for someone to resolve the issues that make them post some random person's personal information is a good idea.

this doesnt seem like a good faith interpretation of anything i said, to me, personally!

i'm just reiterating that you consider yourself a "security liability" (i don't think we need such dramatic terms really, it's more just a basic issue of respecting personal boundaries) in some sense and that you are cognisant of the obstacles you have to making that a nonissue. I think you actually have a good sense of perspective about that and the idea of taking space from the forums is a good one, & this is something we have traditionally used IFAP for.

blinkandwheeze posted:

this is something we have traditionally used IFAP for.

good lord.. flashbacks to being gently "suggested" that i need some time in the hospital by which implying i can "do this the easy way or the hard way" wait.. what does ifap stand for again.. oooooh thats right. thats very chill imo. more reason to think the "prodromal schizophrenia" joke should be taken seriously i suppose!

ooh well its 4am and im getting physically ill from being awake for so long but its cool that i have to go see my psychiatrist today at 12:40. not a lot of time to fit sleep in but i absolutely have to right now. in any case as usual i probably will tell them nothing and if they are concerned about my demeanor i will reassure them that im being sent to ifap because i thought it would be a good idea for me and i decided upon it of my own volition because i sincerely thought it would help so they do not need to worry about anything really. cheers
had some fruit salad and a hard taco shell for breakfast

more reason to think the "prodromal schizophrenia" joke should be taken seriously i suppose!

It should! For my part, I started reading Lacan when I was about 12. By the age of 14 I got really obsessed with the concept of "jouissance" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and I would repeat things like “I ask you to refuse what I offer you because it is not ‘that'” in my head for hours, and I would get really analytic, start seeing the Other in the corners of my eyes, etc

88888 posted:

It should! For my part, I started reading Lacan when I was about 12. By the age of 14 I got really obsessed with the concept of "jouissance" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and I would repeat things like “I ask you to refuse what I offer you because it is not ‘that'” in my head for hours, and I would get really analytic, start seeing the Other in the corners of my eyes, etc

i lied about sleeping, didnt go as planned really, but this post is confusing to me i will say

blinkandwheeze posted:

I think you actually have a good sense of perspective about that and the idea of taking space from the forums is a good one, & this is something we have traditionally used IFAP for.

GUI, the ifap suggestion (and the name of that place) is not a personal attack on you. You know you need to sleep for the sake of your health but can't (or won't) and instead continue to post compulsively here. It may hurt to hear that people think ifap is a good idea but it's not anyone's intention to make you feel bad. I just wanted to say that and now I'm going to leave the matter to others. Whatever you do in relation to forums posting I hope you do your best to be good to yourself and look after your health.

I have no problem with people taking poos across the threads once in a while, esp having met the fella, i'll vouch for whatever is decided upon

Petrol posted:

You know you need to sleep for the sake of your health but can't (or won't) and instead continue to post compulsively here.

i attempted it for real. could not. now its 8 and i have to stay up cause i dont have enough time, not that im tired now, gotta wait for the next sleep window.. i have a really fucked up circadian rhythm

IFAP is there because sometimes posters need an extended break from posting but don’t need to be banned. In contrast to the bourgeois, unscientific systems of other forums, IFAP allows staff to provide rehabilitative work that maintains the poster’s engagement with the forums if the patient chooses. It has a decent track record with former patients returning to post again, especially whenever mustang hijacks another batch of 2013 last-logins.
can someone ifap the butthole picture from my brain
@GUI I don't have any issues with the content of your posts but you should find a way of getting tired physically.
friction alone

cars posted:

IFAP is there because sometimes posters need an extended break from posting but don’t need to be banned. In contrast to the bourgeois, unscientific systems of other forums, IFAP allows staff to provide rehabilitative work that maintains the poster’s engagement with the forums if the patient chooses. It has a decent track record with former patients returning to post again, especially whenever mustang hijacks another batch of 2013 last-logins.

this is entirely political and its because you dont like me saying "fail aids" online. in any case i got 2 hours of sleep and im in the waiting room preparing to dodge questions meant to get me to take a heavy dose of zyprexa and/or irl ifapped while trying to express why i need my gabapentin script increased to 3 times a day. in all seriousness what do you think ifap is really going to do for me and why do you think what i did warrants that in any respect

2 hours isn't enough sleep... even your avatar looks so tired. I've the fail AIDS
i would like to know why swampman and ilmidge are posting again all of a sudden and im going to assume they are here to defend the honor of fail aids style posting mainly

this is entirely political and its because you dont like me saying "fail aids" online. in any case i got 2 hours of sleep and im in the waiting room preparing to dodge questions meant to get me to take a heavy dose of zyprexa and/or irl ifapped while trying to express why i need my gabapentin script increased to 3 times a day. in all seriousness what do you think ifap is really going to do for me and why do you think what i did warrants that in any respect

I didn’t say you should go there, I’m not even in charge of letting you out anymore, but when posters try to dig up personal info on other posters here, the usual response recently hasn’t been IFAP, it’s been to ban them outright. The reason why is because that behavior has driven good posters off this site before and that sucks, we don’t like it. It doesn’t have to be obviously hostile either. There was a former poster who came back a little while ago and tried to get people to help him track down another poster because he wrongly believes the two of them are close friends. I don’t think any of us hate him but we don’t let him post here anymore.

cars posted:

I didn’t say you should go there, I’m not even in charge of letting you out anymore, but when posters try to dig up personal info on other posters here, the usual response recently hasn’t been IFAP, it’s been to ban them outright. The reason why is because that behavior has driven good posters off this site before and that sucks, we don’t like it. It doesn’t have to be obviously hostile either. There was a former poster who came back a little while ago and tried to get people to help him track down another poster because he wrongly believes the two of them are close friends. I don’t think any of us hate him but we don’t let him post here anymore.

well i dont care too much and i understand this but i did know this guy irl and he was close with several of my friends at that time . but i can drop it and resign myself to never knowing.

regardless, no one has IFAPed or banned you for something that usually gets it immediately, which you could take as evidence of good faith on the part of other people in this thread and the advice they’re giving you. I know that may be difficult right now but I encourage you to try.

i would like to know why swampman and ilmidge are posting again all of a sudden and im going to assume they are here to defend the honor of fail aids style posting mainly

Swampman got banned from twitter, and i got some free time at work

someone who once said 2+ fyad memes at a party in 2009

tears posted:

someone who once said 2+ fyad memes at a party in 2009

he was friends with mccaine and actually spoke to him and was posting things about Emma quangel and in addition mentioning this place by name on a public post so i would say there's more evidence than that

sigh