c_man posted:

When i was in 7th grade my math teacher caught me doing my homework in class so they yelled at me and put me next to people who talked all the time so i stopped caring about math until college

this is why you check homework at the beginning of the lesson, amateur mistake by this teacher, shameful

In the US, middle school is grades 6,7, and 8. My family moved to a completely different state in the summer between 7 and 8, and the school at the new place was waaaayyyy worse than the one in the old place. Some fun stories from there:

My first class of the day was a computer skills class that went through I think 5 different teachers through the course of the year. The first one was a tall white man with a big mustache who said "a'ight?" at the end of every sentence despite not having a southern accent. All the girls felt uncomfortable under his gaze and the whole class concluded he was probably a pedophile. The second teacher was pretty good at talking to us kids and watching over us for the period, but didn't teach a single thing. He stayed the longest. The third was a nice guy and tried to teach something useful but at that point all the kids had already gotten accustomed to goofing around and freely spending our time in that class and he didn't have the will to bring us back into shape, especially since he was only meant to be a short-term sub anyway. I don't remember the others.

One time in that same class, no teacher showed up at all so the whole class went to the courtyard to talk and play near the administrative office for the whole period. Two of the vice principals walked past us and said nothing about it, pretended they didn't see it.

I had done algebra 1 at my previous school but this school didn't teach anything above that so they just put me in algebra 1 again. Nobody told me that I could take it as a virtual school (online) class until halfway through the year when the algebra teacher commended me, I replied that it wasn't hard since I had already learned it, and she was surprised I wasn't doing the online class. I wasn't given any information about how to get into the online class or out of repeating algebra 1.

I was in the "journalism" class which was more like a club for students interested in making the yearbook. The yearbook had a club page for the yearbook club. My name was spelled extremely wrong on that page.

Every single class, the history teacher gave us workbook pages to fill in the blanks and copy dates down from the textbook while she alternated between loudly eating and loudly dialing up other teachers on the school phone system to gossip about other teachers.

It was always a toss-up whether the schoolbus would be there on time at the end of the day or an hour late.

Fuck that school for failing its students so badly, but I'm glad I went there to be honest. It was positioned just right to get an almost perfect 1/3 split between white, Black, and Latino students. There were some very rich kids (one time I overheard one girl talking with her friend about how her family plans to buy another yacht and I tactlessly yelled out "your family has a yacht?!?" in disbelief), many more poor, rural kids, and a growing number of kids from labor aristocrat families that were moving into the newly suburbanizing previously rural areas. I was one of the last category. Seeing how the school operated, how different students were treated by teachers, and how the rich kids tended to be bullies and the poor kids were my friends all sowed some seeds in my young mind.

tears posted:

c_man posted:

When i was in 7th grade my math teacher caught me doing my homework in class so they yelled at me and put me next to people who talked all the time so i stopped caring about math until college

this is why you check homework at the beginning of the lesson, amateur mistake by this teacher, shameful

i was doing the homework that was assigned that class because the lecture was boring

im going to admit something. gonna reveal a little secret online. i love trhe quesarito
can someone please tell me the rhizzone line on the quesarito.. need to know. thanks

pogfan1996 posted:

i told you my opinion buddy at this point youre doing unhinged vegan moralism at me! it doesnt matter!

unhinged vegan moralism is the kind of praxis i aspire to

pogfan1996 posted:

unhinged vegan moralism is the kind of praxis i aspire to

o__O

pogfan1996 posted:

ah yes, i too get my political opinions from rapey-looking toffs in topshop sweatshirts

all the old jokes about vegans in leather apply equally well, if not more so, to vegans in 'fast fashion'

Petrol posted:

all the old jokes about vegans in leather apply equally well, if not more so, to vegans in 'fast fashion'

ive spent my entire life on imageboards so im not culturally aware enough to know what youre talking about. explain pls

btw stalin ate meat and hitler was a vegetarian. adjusting for thsi we find that stalin kileld arounfd 100 people and hitler? twice that. 200, possiblt 300-350
thinking about all the secondary education i skipped to smoke weed in the dugout, smoke weed in the band van, smoke weed with my neighbor Totoro etc, eventually i just anarcho unschooled.... fallen world

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

Petrol posted:

ive spent my entire life on imageboards so im not culturally aware enough to know what youre talking about. explain pls

there's no particular joke to rattle off here, it's just a snarky observation people have long made about those who have a blind spot when it comes to practicing their self-proclaimed ethics. i'm in no way against veganism, i just find it curious when vegan activists seem to have a lack of regard for cruelty to the human animal

i have never smoked weed in my life...and it shows
people always talking about food, everywhere i go, "what are you eating?", "is it good", "that looks good", "i love ______", "i dont like ______", "im hung ry", "im full", "im gonna get some _______" wwhat the fuck is uP with this?
well. are you hungry?
have you guys ever heard of a quesarito before. its a menu item at taco bell thats like a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla.
i hadn't & was fixing to ask
im thinking about taking a long nap like 8-10 hours or so. sounfs cool to me
I only get those Cinnabon balls at Taco Bell that cause physical pain after you eat the 3rd one.

nearlyoctober posted:

well. are you hungry?

i dont eat

people probably talk with each other about eating because it's something everyone does and that they can do in front of everyone else. But with the new Twizzlers® Twizted Booth,

have you guys ever heard of a quesarito before. its a menu item at taco bell thats like a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla.

ive heard of this.

cars posted:

ive heard of this.

that owns. in addition i read this post and immediately for some reason had to go to find the taco bell wiki thta i have never been to but i know definitely exists. here it is! https://tacobell.fandom.com/wiki/Taco_Bell_Wiki

flexing my big rep in the taco bell fandom
I ran the taco bell clan in bf1 and project reality, we used to advertise for taco bell constantly.
the last place i lived in these two trans girls moved in together and they were really cool, felt like i could relate to them cause they were really online in a similar way to me, but they were ex-hipinion posters in particular. but one of their brain damaged fixations was liking shitty food to the point of liking frozen food brand pages on fb and writing like uhhh yelp reviews for particular mcdonalds and stuff
that seems to be the gig most food writers on the Internet have now
contemplating leaving the house to get food
went by the confederate gas station again, they got a new 12 foot long scale model of some sort of automatic rifle in the front lawn and their led sign now reads

IF YOU LIKED
FIDEL CASTRO
YOU'LL LOVE
CRAZY BERNIE

ialdabaoth posted:

went by the confederate gas station again, they got a new 12 foot long scale model of some sort of automatic rifle in the front lawn and their led sign now reads

IF YOU LIKED
FIDEL CASTRO
YOU'LL LOVE
CRAZY BERNIE

i did, and i do

it's good to see nephew adhering to the correct line but im not sure how the optics will be when this is inevitably picked up by msnbc
spending american cash (a notorious currency) on purchasing fabrics to drape over myself like some sort of CLOWN
i should prob do some of that before it gets warm enough to not need several layers that conceal the threadbare base layer
i made a stirfry with black beans and it was much better than the one i made the other week with chick peas. please give me your bean rankings and tierlists, everyone
Chickpeas are my favorite followed by lentils. Don’t really like other beans.

Bernie bro 'tankies' are nazbol and/or CIA. I've read a bit of the Furr thread and don't like how he comes off like a lawyer. What is the point of constructing narratives around events that are p much lost to history? Especially since the actual record is more than enough proof of why he was better than all his contemporaries combined, and correct.

On the political and economic situation in India, Ambassador Radhakrishnan said that India was as much against capitalist exploitation as Russia and it had the same economic objective. "But we wish to adopt peaceful parliamentary methods to achieve our aims, because our whole history has taught us that enduring progress should be of a peaceful character."

To this the Generalissimo said: "But the exploiters will never quit-they will very seriously object to quit."

The Ambassador said that, in any case, we would try our own methods very hard, and if we succeeded it would be a great lesson to other nations.

Referring to our foreign policy, Dr. Radhakrishnan said that it was not unlike that of the Soviet Union in several matters – China, Japan, Korea or, for that matter, the admission of other nations to the UN. "We are not with America and we are not with any power", he stressed, "We act according to our sense of right and do not yield to any political or economic pressure."

Since Stalin showed no hesitation to carry on the conversation. Dr. Radhakrishnan further said that Stalin was at one time reported to have said that if Capitalism could adapt its production not to getting maximum profits, but to the systematic improvement of the masses of the people, then there would not be any crisis, but then that would not be Capitalism. He asked Stalin if he was still of this view.

Stalin said that he said once something like thus but it was difficult for a Capitalist to do without profits and it was a pity that the capitalists could not do without profits. If the Capitalists gave up profits, he said, they would be giving up themselves.