irl, i think i dropped a joint on the bus right when i was pulling out my wallet and the driver said something but i had my headphones on and just said "thanks" and took a seat
losing a joint always sucks, but i tell myself, think about how happy the guy or girl who finds it will be?

tears posted:

The New Synthesis

swampman posted:

"Luke appears and confronts Kylo alone, giving the surviving Resistance fighters time to escape. Kylo strikes Luke with his lightsaber, but learns that he has been fighting a force projection, and Luke is still on Ahch-to. Luke defiantly tells Kylo that he will not be the last Jedi, as Rey clears a blocked tunnel behind the base so the remaining Resistance fighters can escape. Luke then peacefully dies and becomes one with the Force. The remaining Resistance fighters escape aboard the Falcon, and Leia reassures everyone that the rebellion has all that is needed to rise again." sounds pretty stupid

a lot of people seemed to think that part was cool but i was like wait, doesn't that make him a huge coward and the part where he supposedly uses the force to survive being fired upon by the whole army at once not impressive anymore? i guess that's a pretty minor complaint compared to all the other stupid plot developments and bad acting in this movie (and the rest of the series) but it kind of ruined the character for me

I would not know, as I have not seen it, and disapprove of those who have.
One of my coworkers sent management an email on tuesday with the subject "Need Thursday off" and the body "Star wars yo"
Lucky you if you work in a place where the response isnt "Fired yo"
i don't want to watch star wars, but i know that if i go, i can sneak in some cheap snacks. so i guess if i have to watch star wars just to eat crispy m&ms in a dark room then fine

Petrol posted:

Lucky you if you work in a place where the response isnt "Fired yo"

They got the day off la~

swampman posted:

They got the day off la~

Iä! Iä! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Disney Profits wgah'nagl fhtagn!

oh that was la and not ia. oh well.
[account deactivated]
dont post viz magazine spoilers
[account deactivated]
i keep pretending to be stupid in real life, like it was quiet at work so i was reading the buisiness section of the newspaper and my coworker said "are you reading the buisiness section??" and i said something like "yeah, but i dont understand any of it really" then did a stupid laugh and they said "yeah its tough to understand isnt it" with a commiserating look... then i thought to myself, tears you understand the buisiness section of the paper just fine and way better than this dude so why did you just pretend that you didnt...ugh
i do that too but with the obituaries but not really
If you say you understand it they'll decide....... Yeah i understand that whole business section as well
i'm going out for a walk now that all the sportslovers are glued to the tv. it's a beautiful, cold, clear winter day with about 2 and 1/2 hours of sunlight left.
not my image

[account deactivated]
i also constantly ask stupid deadpan questions like "why did they try and send all those actors to the moon on apollo 13" as a way of gauging people, truely i am irony poisoned irl beyond hope
because it's easier to train actors to be drillers than astronauts to be actors.

roseweird posted:

tears posted:

tears you understand the buisiness section of the paper just fine and way better than this dude so why did you just pretend that you didnt...ugh

it sounds like the easiest way to avoid getting stuck in a really bad conversation with him and it's healthy to not need to demonstrate your intelligence imo

i dont feel healthier, in fact i feel miserable and grumpy that evertime a someone asks me about something im doing intead of engaging i pretend to be stupid because im afraid of intimidating them or something, whatever idk why im posting about my behavioral quirks

You should suddenly start saying things that are really smart, and if they ask why/how tell them you've started taking Alex Jones brain pills

tears posted:

it sounds like the easiest way to avoid getting stuck in a really bad conversation with him and it's healthy to not need to demonstrate your intelligence imo

i dont feel healthier, in fact i feel miserable and grumpy that evertime a someone asks me about something im doing intead of engaging i pretend to be stupid because im afraid of intimidating them or something, whatever idk why im posting about my behavioral quirks

The other day I ran into someone I used to know, and learned that they now work for the NYT, and instead of slapping their face, the closest i got to criticism was to say stuff like"I'm not sure the decay of journalism is all negative since most bourgeois news is entertainment evenm when the information is real." And later I was kicking myself for not getting harsh, but I also didnt ruin someone's birthday party, which I also kick myself for, but in the end its like... arguing with bourgeois dummies doesn't fix them, and even if they admit i'm right they spend the rest of their acquaintance with me looking to catch my ideology in a mistake. Then at any point that they don't undertstand me or if i minorly contradict myself, they get to wash their hands of any suspicion of my intelligence and just assume I'm an amoral dickhead (somewhat accurate) trying to change stripes with fake radical philosophy (not accurate). So maybe the best tack is to say something like "IDEK why i even read this stuff, just trying to understand it, but its probably all propaganda anway!" and let them fill in the blanks. BC in reality there aren't so much smart and dumb people, as people who try to learn and people who dont. Thats my post.

which would be good advice if i was arguing about politics with people rather than sressing over my compulsion to pretend to be a ditz around the men i work with
Sometimes when a person gives advice they're more talking to abnd about themselves than actually trying to be helpful bt its phrased in a helping way so the unnamed person doesnt just appear to be psychotically narcissistic. imo. Sorry you're having this trouble but.. it's your own fault for reading bourgeois newspapers instead of bringing like printouts of black agenda report to work every day??
[account deactivated]
i hope not
i wonder how many times more people know what to do if theyre attacked by a shark than if someone has a seizure
[account deactivated]
Try Xanax. You might be able to get a scrip if you tell a doctor what you just said

Caesura109 posted:

13:30 long flight ahead of me, last time by hour 5 I was already filled with a mixture of loathing, apathy and enough self-control to not start writhing insanely and attacking staff in hopes of forcing a landing

are you doing ok, you seem pretty stressed out in a lot of your posts

im currently taking antibiontics for my eyes and its making my eyelashes incredibly thick

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

im currently taking antibiontics for my eyes and its making my eyelashes incredibly thick

sounds like you got the antibiotics mixed up with the acid, mate

[account deactivated]
my face was fucked the fuck up (it was swollen and i looked like the female millennial hoody wearing version of the elephant man) and im currently on 2 different antibiotics and a steroid to calm things the fuck down. its going well!

Caesura109 posted:

Im actually great, i only come here to vent or learn

Im actually very comfortable with my life for the most part

good luck friend

[account deactivated]