(my google calendar alert goes off)

ilmdge posted:

happy bday donald

i was in wawa today and they had put up signs that hot hoagies or hoagies that were toasted in any way (e.g. a club sandwich) could not be bought with EBT. I mentioned something to the cashier and she said "Oh, yeah, we got tired of having to throw sandwiches out because of people coming up to pay and not being able to use their EBT card."

we got tired of having to throw sandwiches out because of people coming up to pay and not being able to use their EBT card

an anticapitalist koan

Me: *in completely even voice* sweetheart you don't need to yell. If you just tell me what you want I will either give it to you or explain why you can't have it right now
Goatdaughter: we must imagine Sisyphus happy
Me: *sweating profusely*
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

we must imagine Sisyphus happy

dadkrew represent

Hope youre ok rosewierd. 2 people i know were talking about the zzone today, i stayed very quiet.

tears posted:

Hope youre ok rosewierd. 2 people i know were talking about the zzone today, i stayed very quiet.

Were they speaking with hushed awe, or exuberant awe

"So tpaine doesn't post there anymore?"

"Yeah I guess not"
buy them an accounts

tears posted:

All four Canonical Gospels state that during Jesus' Last Supper with his disciples, he predicted that Peter would deny knowledge of him, stating that Peter would disown him before the rooster crowed the next morning. Following the arrest of Jesus, Peter denied knowing him three times, but after the third denial, heard the rooster crow and recalled the prediction as Jesus turned to look at him. Peter then began to cry bitterly.

[account deactivated]
good luck in exams. yeah, actual real living people, talking positivly about thisplace ; but i will never reveal my secret posting career to them

tears posted:

good luck in exams. yeah, actual real living people, talking positivly about thisplace ; but i will never reveal my secret posting career to them

i still maintain this is less traumatizing than non-rhizzone people i've met irl literally upvoting my rhizzone posts on twitter

Like 2 days after I signed up for an account here one of my grad school classmates asked me why I was posting on some weird Marxist forum.
i want to assure our normie fan base that tpaine still posts regulrly on rhizzone, he just does it in the non-public forum for tech support and tells us we all suck, which is on topic.

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

Like 2 days after I signed up for an account here one of my grad school classmates asked me why I was posting on some weird Marxist forum.

They saw you posting or what?

ilmdge posted:

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

They saw you posting or what?

Honestly, I was so weirded out at the time that I didn't ask him how he ended up at the ZzonE. I assume he figured out it was me based on my extremely ill-considered username.

[account deactivated]
Good luck on your exams and stuff. I just moved out of my parents this week. I guess this is growing up,
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

Good luck on your exams and stuff. I just moved out of my parents this week. I guess this is growing up,

Nice!!!!!

my child is learning to eat things like mashed pumpkin. my wife is back at work full time. i have an assignment due next week. now, more than ever, i enjoy watching things like snooker and 80s game shows, and drinking a little beer when i can.
him (wearing cat meme tshirt and tiny bucket hat): well, during my celtic studies degree
me (unable to cope with the absurdity of life): i will post about you on the internet later
if you hate twitter so much why are you posting tweets here
because i hate twitter so much
I graduated undergrad and got my BA.

Time to move in with my dad and work at the grocery store!
Twitter is chill

Belphegor posted:

Congrats. Currently deciding whether or not I want to pass the end of my third year, and generally unsure if I even want to finish this shit. Do I really need a college degree to be a good communist? Am I already being watched by the CIA? Should I leave my room or even shower today? These are the questions that confront me

no, probably not, yes, yes
dobblepost
COME AND FIGHT ME "SUNNY"
im learning that more than one group of activists around here use slack. this seems strange to me but i'm not sure exactly why
are you not on the rhizzone discord

tears posted:

COME AND FIGHT ME "SUNNY"

i will fight u

youve already lost, sorry
that's really sad :-(
not for me, better bring your a-game next time we have fight

[account deactivated]
hi rose weird