i have a co-worker that is really involved with her union and is also in love with the obamas and clintons. she thinks obama was a near perfect president who was simply blocked by those darn republicans

lord have mercy
[account deactivated]
she also supported hillary over bernie because "he didn't have the experience to lead" and had unrealistic goals such as single-payer healthcare. vet healthcare doesn't work so therefore according to her it can't work on the national level

i explained to her that it's worked in many other industrialized countries in the world but she was adamant that those countries are too small and different for comparison

"if only we could reduce the drug prices somehow" hmmm, i wonder how indeed...
[account deactivated]
I'm mostly just bored and horny currently.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Sorry I mean currently in my life not currently in the moment. Argh I really stepped into that one. Darn!

TFW you wake up to discover your orgs blundering attempts at conflict management from server password change notification emails and public posts on social media.

Edited by Gssh ()

she's a member of CBTU http://www.cbtu.org/index.php

Anyone know anything about that organization?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

Let's play "Real Life"

lmao, no fucking way

Gssh posted:

TFW you wake up to discover your orgs blundering attempts at conflict management from server password change notification emails and public posts on social media.

hahaha oh my god did they do "lock Person I Don't Like out of access so they can't work with me and I don't have to confront them about it"

pro as fuck passive aggressive maniac maneuver

my job has slowly been creeping from lawyer toward social worker over the last year, and now its got to the point where like a third of my time is spent trying to get my clients' social security and medicaid benefits reinstated so that they can not starve to death in the streets when they get out of jail and onto probation, which will almost certainly be revoked down the line, thereby landing them back in jail which will result in their benefits being taken away. either that or im trying to get my mentally ill clients stabilized on medication so that they may possibly not reoffend when they get out and also assisted living facilities will let them live there and not on the street, but the jail wont let doctors in to prescribe drugs and if they already have a prescription, its usually to something that the jail wont let them take while theyre incarcerated

on the positive side, i got a new vape pen which i can use to do dabs so life is alright
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

did they do "lock Person I Don't Like out of access so they can't work with me and I don't have to confront them about it"

Basically yes but worse, I'm just the remote sysadmin now turned mediator

Edited by Gssh ()

roseweird posted:

its pretty monotonous spending so much time doing completely abstract stuff by hand, like past a certain point repetition of taking and applying derivatives doesn't have any benefit for conceptual understanding, it would be a lot better if it were taught by people who know physics and programming. i just have to get through it though i guess so whatever

Gssh posted:

Basically yes but worse, I'm just the remote sysadmin now turned mediator

sorry to hear it. didn't mean to dig into your org's dirty laundry, i've just been in similar situations

I just had a reallu long argument at a bar with a guy that had Father Issues that took a turn for the void when he started defending Dawkins evolutionary biology and saying that the most "logical solution is to inject all men on earth with estrogen to "chill them out" and when I did not agree, argued for free will and said technocrats are racist he wanted to fight l m a o
I'm drunk. And sad. And i dont forgive Mein Vader for voting for Drumpf, if only his estrogen was a tad higher he would understand the ideology of this cult called NYC that i have come to call my home, despite my self-loathing it's a Great place to make friends with people who think Identically to me. Шоб ты всрався

parabolart posted:

t the most "logical solution is to inject all men on earth with estrogen

Castration is probably at least as effective for the desired effect and needs ideally only one visit to the hospital; therefore a much more efficient use of state resources than regular estrogen shots.

B..but thats Absolutism......
[account deactivated]
this year i was arrested during a prison strike solidarity action on september 9th and my testicles were removed from my body. looking forward to seeing you all a year from now for another update!
[account deactivated]

glomper_stomper posted:

the kids really like stalin these days. it's wild

parabolart posted:

I just had a reallu long argument at a bar with a guy that had Father Issues that took a turn for the void when he started defending Dawkins evolutionary biology and saying that the most "logical solution is to inject all men on earth with estrogen to "chill them out" and when I did not agree, argued for free will and said technocrats are racist he wanted to fight l m a o

TG posted:

my job has slowly been creeping from lawyer toward social worker over the last year, and now its got to the point where like a third of my time is spent trying to get my clients' social security and medicaid benefits reinstated so that they can not starve to death in the streets when they get out of jail and onto probation, which will almost certainly be revoked down the line, thereby landing them back in jail which will result in their benefits being taken away. either that or im trying to get my mentally ill clients stabilized on medication so that they may possibly not reoffend when they get out and also assisted living facilities will let them live there and not on the street, but the jail wont let doctors in to prescribe drugs and if they already have a prescription, its usually to something that the jail wont let them take while theyre incarcerated

you're doing good work & are cool.

cars posted:

TG posted:

you're doing good work & are cool.

thanks, i really appreciate you saying that. i wish we had an actual social worker who knew what they were doing better than i do but its not in the budget (we do have one for juvy clients). its really frustrating trying to navigate the bureaucracy, and i just wish id got an msw instead because i find it to be pretty rewarding and it would have cost a fraction of my jd. plus i wouldnt also have to litigate cases for my dozens of other clients at the same time

Siege on, young Trebber
my masters applications are all submitted...

now the waiting game....

the waiting game sucks... let's play hungry hungry hippos!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
that's great. hell yeah.
[account deactivated]