[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
that's like a villain scene from a capra film. beautiful
I really enjoyed the new black mirror season; it is even bleaker than previous ones, and has several bits of I Have No Mouth and Must Scream eternal computer torture type stuff
yeah, i enjoyed it too.
sorry, black mirror is bad and fash. watching a television program is superfluous to objective materialist analysis of it and in fact just gets in the way. what if your mum was a microwave

littlegreenpills posted:

sorry, black mirror is bad and fash. watching a television program is superfluous to objective materialist analysis of it and in fact just gets in the way. what if your mum was a microwave

thank you

rolaids posted:

I really enjoyed the new black mirror season; it is even bleaker than previous ones, and has several bits of I Have No Mouth and Must Scream eternal computer torture type stuff

The theme of copying people and only allowing them to function as a fraction of a human is a metaphor for slavery

it's the kind of thing that would inevitably happen if it were possible despite being clearly horrific and is therefore a metaphor for everything

"dragnet" writers DESTROY idiotic vietnam SJWs
i watched a crisis in six scenes which is a short 6 episode series in which revolutionary fugitive from justice miley cyrus crashes at nervous bougie liberal woody allens house, driving him bonkers!! i had no idea thats what woody allens amazon show thing was about. if you dont mind woody allen and the concept sounds amusing to you then youll probably enjoy it. welp, see ya later
saw star wars and i'm glad i did because it's been awhile since i've seen a movie that bad that it surprised me. i'm really going to enjoy people tearing it apart for a good long time.
alright, this oughta be good: what do you think was bad about the space movie
FIRST OFF, uh, i couldn't get past off how bad it was despite how high i was
in that case you were probably too high to be watching a movie
what it really felt like was a sequence of jump cuts composed of youtube highlights of the new star wars movie
I laughed out loud at several points in the movie not because they were supposed to be funny but because of how star wars they were.

Also why the fuck is the bad guy called the Supreme Leader makes u think
my teenage years were spent skipping school, reading alternative comics and listening to weird music - i have zero affection for the attention paid to the mythos around the Marvel and Star Wars universes. still, i was stunned on how bad this movie was. wow.
star wars
i didnt grow up with star wars either. to me its a really fun movie time.

Petrol posted:

in that case you were probably too high to be watching a movie

they forgot to put a buckle on your av's hat

[account deactivated]
It's almost like Black Mirror is a piece of entertainment and not a leftist thinkpiece
ive been holding onto "pilgrim" as insult futures since 2005. Can't wait for the return
yea a western tv show, no matter how good, is always going to be limited because of its place within our society. like something can be vaguely critical of capitalism but it's probably not going to be marxist-leninist or whatever. i mean, there was even an episode of Twilight Zone that was anti-cuban revolution.

i think it frustrates people when something is "that close" withtout fully getting it. maybe we should all watch Commando instead
Revolution delayed as noted marxist charlie brooker fails to incorporate the full text of Settlers into series 4 of black mirror
I will say that Black Mirror having their first episode be the pig fucking Prime Minister and therefore making it the first episode most people watch was genius. Also every episode since that one has been mostly a letdown.
the concept of a human mind being stuck in a body wherein human functionality is intentionally restricted is in fact an excellent metaphor for chattel and wage slavery... something like half the episodes show an oppressor cruelly breaking their slave
the christmas episode with jonn hamm is my favorite, although i have a soft spot for ones that deal with fucked up shit in the future criminal justice system

having read the hydrogen sonata, i do like how several black mirror episodes deal with the Simming Problem in a somewhat thoughtful way

as for star wars, there was definitely a point about a quarter of the way through where i thought to myself, damn this is a straight up Bad Movie. by the end i just thought it was meh
new star wars was too long. they couldve cut some of finns stuf and done something about the manufactured tension with laura dern not even revealing she had any plan at all. also maybe made reys training and that hole make more sense. otherwise ok
maybe this has already been said but almost the entire movie happens because laura dern, for no reason, does not want to tell anyone what she's doing
[account deactivated]
I thought Star Wars was fun though I wish more of the resistance died. They were always fairly goofy movies so of course there’s massive plot holes. Adam Driver is enjoyable if you can somehow forget he’s a war criminal for an hour.

Re: Black Mirror I’ve never understood why it is subjected to such high standards. The same people who go ape shit over Westworld and Game of Thrones say “HAHA COMPUTERS IS BAD GET A NEW SCHTICK”. Outside of introducing banksy level ham handedness (which it gets accused of anyway) or some shoehorned Marxist monologue, I’m not sure how the last episode could have been a more explicit left critique of both the PIC and the use of the oppressed classes as medical guinea pigs. The antagonist is clearly being funded and encouraged by capital and the last story clearly shows both the avid approval by the white settler patrons and also even gives a little dig at liberal activists who boycott a little and then move on to the next issue. I mean it’s flawed but it’s also operating in the same space as a show that compares BLM to literal goblins
theres a new star wars?

TG posted:

having read the hydrogen sonata,

i will trade all the star wars movies for an adaptation of use of weapons into the horror movie it was always ment to be