thirdplace posted:

welp

thirdplace posted:

welp

Welp

hey posted:

The pot - our climate - is now metaphorically coming to a boil. I suspect signals which we previously were able to use to make fairly skillful short to mid-term predictions are going to become increasingly unreliable as more chaos enters the system. Long term, predictions of things like state change in climate (e.g. ice free arctic) have now become much more solid.

welp

drwhat posted:

thirdplace posted:

welp

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
well
welp
welp,

TG posted:

welp,

welp
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article204732234.html

Cancer drove Armando to return to Cuba in December 2016. A year earlier, he was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer. He underwent a risky surgery, complicated by an infection.

Now totally recovered, Armando said in an interview from New York that after eight surgeries and a round of chemotherapy, his wife abandoned him and took their son.

“I was left alone, without money, without being able to get out of bed or do anything,” he said. He lost his job, his medical insurance and then his disability payments.

His mother in Cuba obtained a humanitarian permit from the Cuban government to take him to the island.

As a foreigner in Cuba, he initially had to pay in U.S. dollars for his treatment at the Ciro Garcia Clinic in Havana. So he decided to regain his residency and continued his treatment at the Oncology Hospital, also in Havana, paying in pesos.

He stayed on the island for four months and recovered, but never planned to stay.

“I begged God not to leave me there, that I did not belong in Cuba,” Armando recalled. He said he could not get accustomed to all the shortages, especially of food, and the bad service.

cars posted:

Tesla in particular seems to be basing its plans on subsidized fairy dust

cars posted:

As to whether big bets by a celebrity capitalist mean profits are guaranteed ahead vs. mere churning of capital, I mean... really??

cars posted:

i bet Musk gets on the phone incoherently high all the time

welp;

why havent the saudis who kidnapped hariri bumped this thread
welp