Ironicwarcriminal posted:

deadken posted:
we're all p messed up at the rhizzone i think its just that our problems are more along the lines of the insufficiency of the Real rather than 'i havent talked to a human being in four days and i want to die'

Agreed bit i prevent myself from wallowing in self-pity or excessive ennui by reminding myself i at least have a more comfortable and in many ways rich life than 90% of people who've ever lived on the planet.

And then people are all like “oooh but it’s still empty, in the past people had something to live and die for” as if arbitrarily dying scared and alone on a muddy battlefield in crimea or yucutan is somehow more noble or Real. I don't buy that

i talk about this w. my friend a lot, basically that if you're concerned with authenticity you've already given up the ghost as far as that's concerned and you're living a wonderful life. it's in figuring out how to deal with the "oooh it's still empty," because it can still be empty even if we acknowledge that it's much better than most people have had it in history

good luck br0.
eh thanks. she's not bad, but, i have a feeling we might not hit it off in "teh irL"
yeah thats what i want to write about, a dude goes to africa because he's convinced modern society is empty and meaningless and he wants to find a Truth, and of course he finds nothing and is shown up for the hideous imperialist he is....

Impper posted:

deadken posted:
we're all p messed up at the rhizzone i think its just that our problems are more along the lines of the insufficiency of the Real rather than 'i havent talked to a human being in four days and i want to die'

Agreed bit i prevent myself from wallowing in self-pity or excessive ennui by reminding myself i at least have a more comfortable and in many ways rich life than 90% of people who've ever lived on the planet.

And then people are all like “oooh but it’s still empty, in the past people had something to live and die for” as if arbitrarily dying scared and alone on a muddy battlefield in crimea or yucutan is somehow more noble or Real. I don't buy that

i talk about this w. my friend a lot, basically that if you're concerned with authenticity you've already given up the ghost as far as that's concerned and you're living a wonderful life. it's in figuring out how to deal with the "oooh it's still empty," because it can still be empty even if we acknowledge that it's much better than most people have had it in history

This is why i wish i was born with downs syndrome

also: do you think i should invite her out on a friday to come out w. some peeps, or make it more like a date date. p0rblems
ive never done the online dating thing. it seems weird, all the messages look to be a bit over-formal, and yet off you go and try to fuck a person based on screen words... iono. go w/ honour impper
Yeah that's what I said. And as I sat there writing the message I was like, 'this is really weird...'
i haven't done it all that much but the trick seems to be to transition it to a meeting before you have the chance to write too many screen words, then see if you hit it off/get along. basically a semi-blind date, where you're at least sort of sure you're attracted to the other person

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Yeah that's what I said. And as I sat there writing the message I was like, 'this is really weird...'

your message was extremely Earnest, about a thousand times more earnest than i would ever write. it was so earnest it would sort of be like.. wow, how rude, if she doesn't respond...

Impper posted:
also: do you think i should invite her out on a friday to come out w. some peeps, or make it more like a date date. p0rblems

well she wouldnt be going if some level of mutual interest hadnt been established so maybe its better not to go through the intermediary stages..... on the other hand you would be subjecting her to the full force of your personality. if she likes houellebecq maybe thatd be ok tho

what pesonality

deadken posted:
ive never done the online dating thing. it seems weird, all the messages look to be a bit over-formal, and yet off you go and try to fuck a person based on screen words... iono. go w/ honour impper

My gf of 2 years i just broke up with i met on internet dating. You should try it Ken....year it's a weird kind of style that people e-flirt with but i can be more charismatic on a keyboard than in a bar hahaha.

Like instead of having to time a cheeky comment and wink when you're drunk and it's crowded and dark, you can just review your message for maximum flirtatious smiley effect....and so on and so forth

irony works in person to an extent but i think you gotta be a bit cheesily earnest if youre doing the Online Dating Description Page Thing

Impper posted:
your message was extremely Earnest, about a thousand times more earnest than i would ever write. it was so earnest it would sort of be like.. wow, how rude, if she doesn't respond...

Yeah I know it was but that was the whole point. I had a whole cohesive strategy man I wanted her to not know if you were joking w/r/t the Houellebecq thing bc the rest seemed so earnest and normal.

if you find a person online you think you might be interested in you should get their address and exchange pheromone samples before proceeding further

babyfinland posted:
what pesonality

i wasnt going to say this but how about you stop taking shots at me

Impper posted:

babyfinland posted:
what pesonality

i wasnt going to say this but how about you stop taking shots at me

lol ok you know im jp

deadken posted:
irony works in person to an extent but i think you gotta be a bit cheesily earnest if youre doing the Online Dating Description Page Thing

Yah this is definitely right. the best profiles on guys are always pretty earnest

It's a weird kind of style that people e-flirt with but i can be more charismatic on a keyboard than in a bar hahaha.

Like instead of having to time a cheeky comment and wink when you're drunk and it's crowded and dark, you can just review your message for maximum flirtatious smiley effect....and so on and so forth

deadken posted:

If she's any good she'll be able to recognize well-written irony....

deadken posted:

Yah this is definitely right. the best profiles on guys are always pretty earnest

[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Impper posted:

Yeah I know it was but that was the whole point. I had a whole cohesive strategy man I wanted her to not know if you were joking w/r/t the Houellebecq thing bc the rest seemed so earnest and normal.

Yeah I laughed at it hahaha

deadken posted:

My gf of 2 years i just broke up with i met on internet dating. You should try it Ken....year it's a weird kind of style that people e-flirt with but i can be more charismatic on a keyboard than in a bar hahaha.

i dont have a car which could be porblem in la but lol i might actually, for a Larff... i think i'm more charismatic in person really tho, what comes across as a moody diatribe in text is rendered sparkling satire by my winning smile and undeserved good looks

gyrofry posted:
if you find a person online you think you might be interested in you should get their address and exchange pheromone samples before proceeding further

Trust me, if she lives in the same town she can already smell me even if we're both within our respective domiciles.

deadken posted:

If she's any good she'll be able to recognize well-written irony....

yeah but in general to describe a person.... you cant let yourself be characterised by the leering void deep within you, we've all got one after all

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

well she wouldnt be going if some level of mutual interest hadnt been established so maybe its better not to go through the intermediary stages..... on the other hand you would be subjecting her to the full force of your personality. if she likes houellebecq maybe thatd be ok tho

the one who said she might go out w. me has barthes in profile but not houellebecq. whaddya think

christ i have so much shit to do and instead im dispensing online dating advice despite having never done it myself, on the rhizzone. im going to take some amphetamines.

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

the one who said she might go out w. me has barthes in profile but not houellebecq. whaddya think

Theory Gyal? Go 4 It

Hey dead ken i got a cult for you.. how about.. you worship the sun. And you pray too. But, see, you don't pray to the sun. See, you pray..... to Joe Pesci. Because, like, he seems like a person who can, you know.... really get things done.
Hey Impper i wrote a message that you can send to that okcupid girl.

Hi! how’s it going, my name is Impper. I’m a writer but I guess you can already tell. I like to write about emptiness and Kobe Bryant (but I’m NOT a rapist, j/k lol). So I hear you are a Jew, what do you think about Israel? I’m not anti-Semitic or anything but sometimes it seems like their treatment of the Palestinians retroactively justifies the holocaust, just a little food for thought.

Anyway I’ve got a hole that needs filling (mine not yours hahaha…well, we’ll see how it goes ) and thought you looked pretty cute in a calculated and gratingly self-conscious way. I reckon you might like me too, hit me up on kobewasframed@nazbol.ru if you’re interested

P.S. you would look better as a redhead

deadken posted:
christ i have so much shit to do and instead im dispensing online dating advice despite having never done it myself, on the rhizzone. im going to take some amphetamines.

Good speed in Cali?

ahahahahaha

deadken posted:

Good speed in Cali?

dunno. coke's pretty decent, molly too. ive had this methylphenidate prescription since i was like 15

Hey Impper i wrote a message that you can send to that okcupid girl.

Hi! how’s it going, my name is Impper. I’m a writer but I guess you can already tell. I like to write about emptiness and Kobe Bryant (but I’m NOT a rapist, j/k lol). So I hear you are a Jew, what do you think about Israel? I’m not anti-Semitic or anything but sometimes it seems like their treatment of the Palestinians retroactively justifies the holocaust, just a little food for thought.

Anyway I’ve got a hole that needs filling (mine not yours hahaha…well, we’ll see how it goes ) and thought you looked pretty cute in a calculated and gratingly self-conscious way. I reckon you might like me too, hit me up on kobewasframed@nazbol.ru if you’re interested

P.S. you would look better as a redhead

lol

deadken posted:

deadken posted:

Good speed in Cali?

dunno. coke's pretty decent, molly too. ive had this methylphenidate prescription since i was like 15

Ahhh cool, my mate has dexamphetamines (dexies) which i guess are similar. On NYE we crushed them up with E and valium and weed and smoked it out of bongs, good fun.

I am downloading convict conditioning. I am literally gonna be Jay Cutler yall. Deadken play your cards right and you can be Ronnie COleman...
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

deadken posted:
imppers okcupid needs some serious revamping imo. i like the 'you should message me if you like to smash things' bit though. u should try to emphasise your more positive aspects i think, misery is profound but nobody wants a profoundly miserable fuck

i go through phases with it. sometimes it's pretty positive, sometimes it's one line or one word replies. i have no idea what i was doing on there today... but i just messaged a girl today with that profile and i might have a date coming up. i'm never sure what works and what doesn't, it seems random. so we'll see homie

that's what horoscopes are for