[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Ænimadad
[account deactivated]
i listened to tool a lot in high school, still dont see why they were so incredibly unfashionable. they were unique, self-absorbed (why this bad?), maybe a little emotionally stunted and preachy
[account deactivated]
yeah youre right, who gives a fug
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
im sober. i heard my neighbor yelling outside and got skitterish
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the neighbors with the nicest apartment in this whole place are two women that get drunk and into loud shouting matches and throw shit at each other. one woman came to my door asking me to remove a giant grasshopper from their tv, and im pretty sure im cursed now
[account deactivated]
how many freudians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? two. one to screw in the bulb and the other to hold the cock- i mean father- I mean ladder
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

swampman always has the theme from mysidia running through his head, despite never having played through final fantasy 4

when i'm sitting at a red light with the turn signal clicking on and off it always makes me think of the mysidia music

oh right i started reading this thread to post that i frontpaged it finally
I basically copy and pasted the first post in this thread to a dumb argument on reddit ( I did not list the source ), I hope that is ok sawampman. if no then I am sorry.
animedad...
animedad isn't a person, but an idea. I'm ready to don the cowl.
Holy hell that is a Good First Psot. cant believe you missed Burkini Faso. i am going to copy and paste paste paste this everywhere. i will of course credit you as Swamp in the 'Zone.

E: you didnt mention anything about the Algerian Civil War, remember once reading about US support of the GIA and suppression of FLN-FIS peace accords. any truth to this?

Edited by RTC ()

I also forgot Lebanon 1975
The CIA is actually good now. They caught Russia hacking the election. Checkmate.
i was reading up on some of the events and noticed a discrepancy with this one:

Grenada's New Jewel Movement fell in 1981 to a direct invasion by US forces which installed a brutal oppressive regime.

the completely unbiased and trustworthy wikipedia source says this:

In 1983, a dispute developed within the NJM. Bishop, while popular with the people, had strong critics within the party and the army. His critics, led by deputy prime minister Bernard Coard, attempted to convince Bishop to enter into a power-sharing agreement with Coard, wherein they would be co-equal rulers of the country. Bishop rejected this idea, and the split at the top level of the NJM led to serious political problems within the party and the government. Eventually, Coard ordered Bishop put under house arrest.

The removal of Bishop led to demonstrations in various parts of the country. The demonstrations grew to a point where Bishop was eventually freed. In unclear circumstances, Bishop made his way to the army headquarters. Eventually a military force from elsewhere in Grenada arrived at the headquarters and fighting broke out. Many civilians were killed. Bishop and seven others, including government ministers, and the reportedly pregnant Jacqueline Creft, were lined up in a courtyard against a wall for a considerable period of time. They were then executed by a firing squad.

Bishop's execution was followed by the formation of a military government under Hudson Austin. Austin announced a four-day total curfew under which anyone who left their home without authorization for any reason would be subject to summary execution. Six days later, the United States invaded Grenada and toppled the military government. With the removal of the NJM government, the constitution of Grenada was restored.

Seventeen political and military officials of the NJM government (the Grenada 17) were later tried and convicted of being responsible for the deaths of Bishop and the other seven executed persons.

[account deactivated]
but in the end, it doesn't even matter

Caesura109 posted:

I've come all this time later to point out that it isn't Mauritius that the CIA wanted to overthrow the government of, but Mauritania. 50/50 chance one will mistake Mauritania for Mauritius.

is there an article on this somewhere? i only see information about the unrelated 2008 coup

[account deactivated]