apple yourself
[account deactivated]
did u click the preview button
I have the same thing as khamsek... there is no preview button it just says 'preview' at he bottom in bold as pictured

edit: oh i see what you mean. no, for me that just brings out the preview box but i still dont see how to annotate anywhere
[account deactivated]
it won't even let me write in it - how do you write in it?

Edited by DRUXXX ()

[account deactivated]
suckers

discipline posted:

yeah i dont think it saves in the recent versions of firefox. u gotta use chrome.

in mobile safari the post boxes are all cut off on the right hand side

#thirdworldproblems
[account deactivated]
M using chrome, and the annotation buttons appear for like a split second and then disappear

Crow posted:
M using chrome, and the annotation buttons appear for like a split second and then disappear

press preview button

TEST MY SOUL
if something doesnt work and you dont tell me what browser you are using i will literally kill you IRL

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

press preview button

I DID
USING CHROME

NO WORKY

reminder: things aren't fully functional right now. the technical reasons for this are related to security protections your webrowser enforces when processing data from different domains; in this case, the domains are www.rhizzone.net and media.rhizzone.net. I have it 90% fixed, but the process of fixing it even this much took quite a lot of investigation and so I didnt finish implementing some other stuff, including: editing your scribbles after you submit them, fixing the font in the parser for complex posts (e.g. with quotes and videos and crap; places where paragraphs break), and adding it to new replies.

however, it should be functional at least when you make a post and edit it. to make this work, preview should open (automatically now; if it doesnt, tell me (ALONG WITH YOUR BROWSER)), and you should also see some buttons "Enable Annote 1", etc. click that first button, draw, drag (click on the face), and then click submit to save. each is 300 pixels high, so you can have up to 900 pixels of scribble space... what I figure is probably enough for a 3000 word article or so.

ive personally tested it in newish versions of chrome (~1 month and ~5 months) and a ~2 year old version of firefox. i dont know about opera and safari. IE 7 and IE 8 are most definitely broken and will not work, although I'll see about at least getting annotes to display properly, even if you cant make them. anyways, ill work on this later tonight

Crow posted:

hmmm thats weird that sounds like an alignment issue we were having last night, but then I moved the annote stuff to a completely separate box! what size monitor are you using ATM?

germanjoey posted:
reminder: things aren't fully functional right now. the technical reasons for this are related to security protections your webrowser enforces when processing data from different domains; in this case, the domains are www.rhizzone.net and media.rhizzone.net. I have it 90% fixed, but the process of fixing it even this much took quite a lot of investigation and so I didnt finish implementing some other stuff, including: editing your scribbles after you submit them, fixing the font in the parser for complex posts (e.g. with quotes and videos and crap; places where paragraphs break), and adding it to new replies.

however, it should be functional at least when you make a post and edit it. to make this work, preview should open (automatically now; if it doesnt, tell me (ALONG WITH YOUR BROWSER)), and you should also see some buttons "Enable Annote 1", etc. click that first button, draw, drag (click on the face), and then click submit to save. each is 300 pixels high, so you can have up to 900 pixels of scribble space... what I figure is probably enough for a 3000 word article or so.

ive personally tested it in newish versions of chrome (~1 month and ~5 months) and a ~2 year old version of firefox. i dont know about opera and safari. IE 7 and IE 8 are most definitely broken and will not work, although I'll see about at least getting annotes to display properly, even if you cant make them. anyways, ill work on this later tonight

tried to draw some poop here but it didnt work (Chrome). buttons wont appear.

sometimes the buttons appear, sometimes they dont, sometimes it doesnt save the pic.

error msg:

jquery.js:6241Uncaught ReferenceError: v is not defined
2html5-canvas-drawing-app.js:95Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scrollHeight' of null

one thing to try if this aint workin for you is to click this:

http://media.rhizzone.net/forum/js/markitup/jquery.markitup.pack.js

and if it looks like a huge amount of compressed text with no spaces, then ctrl-f5 it and it should open up and look like code. then try again

germanjoey posted:

and if it looks like a huge amount of compressed text with no spaces, then ctrl-f5 it and it should open up and look like code. then try again

it looked like normal code. still thing no work

A lot of text is disappearing behind the right margins for me

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

sometimes the buttons appear, sometimes they dont, sometimes it doesnt save the pic.

error msg:

2html5-canvas-drawing-app.js:95Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scrollHeight' of null

ahhh hmm. that first error is nothing (tiny bug in the UI library that doesnt affect anything), but that 2nd error is bad and the reason things aren't appearing. its, like, not finding the box, for some reason. i dont know. i wish i could replicate this...

the reason it wont save the pic is probably when you try to edit a pic you've already made. (that is, edited a post to draw the pic, hit submit, and then edited it again). that's because of that cross-domain crap earlier; pics are saved to the media.rhizzone.net domain. i asked some questions last night on SOMETHINGAWEFUL.COM about some potential hacks to get around this. will check when i get home from werk.

Francisco_Danconia posted:

... screenshot please. browser please.

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

error msg:

ahhh hmm. that first error is nothing (tiny bug in the UI library that doesnt affect anything), but that 2nd error is bad and the reason things aren't appearing. its, like, not finding the box, for some reason. i dont know. i wish i could replicate this...

the reason it wont save the pic is probably when you try to edit a pic you've already made. (that is, edited a post to draw the pic, hit submit, and then edited it again). that's because of that cross-domain crap earlier; pics are saved to the media.rhizzone.net domain. i asked some questions last night on SOMETHINGAWEFUL.COM about some potential hacks to get around this. will check when i get home from werk.

hmm still not workign.

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

it looked like normal code. still thing no work

what version of chrome are you using? click the wrench in the upper right and go to "About Google Chrome" and tell me what it sez

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

error msg:

hmm still not workign.

yeah that wasnt a fix or anything that was me tellign you why thigns are broken. when i was doing all my testing everything was on a local domain so there weren't any problems

[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:
(automatically now; if it doesnt, tell me (ALONG WITH YOUR BROWSER))

not automatic for me in chrome (15.0.874.121), and preview button only seems to work in edit mode. http://media.rhizzone.net/forum/js/markitup/jquery.markitup.pack.js looks like good old code

yeah its not automatic for me at work either, weird. it works when i press it though. hmm.

also, i have to fix the postlist CSS to be centered or soemthing because it looks atrocious on a huge monitor hahahaha

discipline posted:
using firefox 8, f5'd no dice

did you try ctrl-f5ing this page here:

what does it look like?

germanjoey posted:

Crow posted:

hmmm thats weird that sounds like an alignment issue we were having last night, but then I moved the annote stuff to a completely separate box! what size monitor are you using ATM?

15.6''
Google Chrome 15.0
1366 x 768 resolution

WOw great now it works.

oh i see the problem with the preview page not popping out automatically now. i have to switch where i load jquery. ok thats an easy fix.

Crow posted:

germanjoey posted:

Crow posted:

15.6''
Google Chrome 15.0
1366 x 768 resolution

ok ill look into this later! in the mean time, does your preview page on edit look like this:

Edited by germanjoey ()

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

babyfinland posted:

germanjoey posted:

error msg:

hmm still not workign.

yeah that wasnt a fix or anything that was me tellign you why thigns are broken. when i was doing all my testing everything was on a local domain so there weren't any problems

still not working joey

15.0.874.121m

same, i'm using safari:

no kidding baby finland im not fixing anything right now, im at work and on a break. breaks almost over.
erryting goes off the right opera 11.60

Groulxsmith posted:

same, i'm using safari:

ahhh hmmm, ok, thats really weird. this might be happening because i made the post-box exactly 800 pixels wide, but i guess if your screen renders it smaller than that, it will cut it off? wtf. can i ask what size your monitor is? i can imagine that being correct behaviour for small monitors and phones and stuff. i'll look into that tonight.