[account deactivated]
obviously its a cynical ploy but theres probably worse things our imperialist government could and does spend money on
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:
obviously its a cynical ploy but theres probably worse things our imperialist government could and does spend money on

lol stfu

[account deactivated]
Gay rights is a powerful ideological weapon against our opposition so I support this for that reason alone
this is the rebuttal you'll get when you laugh at someone who tells you they're voting for obama
Ppl still complain about hardcore sax years after he stopped posting cuz he made them so mad by pointing out that gay rights was a comparatively insignificant wedge issue
http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-e6frfrt9-1226216184190

Six hundred million gamers could be war criminals, Red Cross says
THE Red Cross is investigating whether 600 million gamers are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they kill and blow stuff up for fun.
Delegates at the 31st International Conference of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Red Crescent raised the concerns over the potential “International Humanitarian Law” violations – which can constitute war crimes - during a workshop in Geneva.
CALL OF DUTY WORLD OF WARFARE

“Exactly how video games influence individuals is a hotly debated topic, but for the first time, Movement partners discussed our role and responsibility to take action against violations of IHL in video games,” the Red Cross wrote in its daily bulletin.

“While National Societies shared their experiences and opinions, there is clearly no simple answer. There is, however, an overall consensus and motivation to take action.”
RESIDENT EVIL

A spokesperson for ICRC Australia told news.com.au the workshop looked at how games “represented International Humanitarian Law”, which regulates the legal conduct of warfare.

"The aim for the ICRC is that they send the right signals to their hundreds of millions of players by rewarding respect for IHL and penalising violations," the spokesperson said.

The Red Cross said if it finds the conventions have been violated, they may ask game developers to conform to international laws or encourage governments to create laws that regulate the gaming industry, Kotaku reported.

But international law professor at the University of New South Wales Tony Billingsley told news.com.au the Red Cross risked trivialising the conventions of warfare.

Mr Billingsley also said there is no way the conventions could apply to individuals because they were state-based.

“There are concerns about the blurring of fantasy and reality,” he said.

“There’s a danger of war becoming a spectator sport. People need to realise that this is real stuff.”

The International Committee of the Red Cross is empowered by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and domestic armed conflicts.

Lol wow that initial paragraph is misleading as fuck
international law is one of the most transparent tools of imperialism but i would have no problem enacting harsh measures against video gamers
the article brings up Obama's own mixed record on lgbt issues and his support of governments with even worse records than his, which is a much better criticism than some cynical garbage about how "there are more important issues than gay rights right now"
cool thanks go back to wddp
blurblrubr anyone who doesnt shriek like an infant in defense of meaningless lip service deployed in pursuit of the looting of the planet is a BIGOT

babyfinland posted:
blurblrubr anyone who doesnt shriek like an infant in defense of meaningless lip service deployed in pursuit of the looting of the planet is a BIGOT

perhaps not, but also the people who says that lgbt/women's/PoC's issues need to be put off while we focus on 'the real problems' often don't give a damn about those issues to begin with, and that right time to address these issues never seems to come.

if you're not going to use your hegemon status to try and look good for your own people who care about lifestyle issues why even bother with the whole empire thing

Lessons posted:
the article brings up Obama's own mixed record on lgbt issues and his support of governments with even worse records than his, which is a much better criticism than some cynical garbage about how "there are more important issues than gay rights right now"

There are tho, focusing in gay rights is white college self absorption, whether or not a dude gets to suck a dudes dick while he's dropping bombs on people is irrelevant to basically everyone on earth

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

perhaps not, but also the people who says that lgbt/women's/PoC's issues need to be put off while we focus on 'the real problems' often don't give a damn about those issues to begin with, and that right time to address these issues never seems to come.

we must support the pinkwashing of imperialism because there are people out there who dont care about lgbtq issues. im more concerned about the apathy of the general population than about the coherence of anti-imperialist struggle. Darf

Lessons posted:

you don't think it legitimizes imperialism though? like perhaps there is a silver lining to foreign policy

we must defend israel because there are antisemites somewhere

Lessons posted:
babyfinland posted:

What are you talking about, gays have gotten more rights in the last 30 years than in the preceding 3000. When will our time come? When will society give us increasingly more negligible rights to fewer and fewer people

so if an entity is the last of its kind, it is allowed to asexually produce. well even if the ceo were the last lady on mars, i think i still wouldn't mine that colony.

like a widower king could cross such a stale mated chessboard, even if going forth with it would take less turns than turning back.
the conditions of a lot of lgbt people are unacceptable and theres a lot of discrimination against them, particularly against poc lgbt. that doesnt mean we should support bourgeois and imperialist compradorship of course.
I'm a Maoist Third Worldist, Clinton called the Third World backwards today and I was like hell yeah man...
[account deactivated]

Groulxsmith posted:
you don't think it legitimizes imperialism though? like perhaps there is a silver lining to foreign policy

if queer people can exploit some conflict between bourgeois governments to their advantage then this would be a good thing, regardless of whether it legitimizes imperialism in some abstract sense. if it's simply a tool to further western hegemony, (arguably the more likely proposition), then it's a bad thing and probably won't do anything to help queer people to begin with. in any case this is both all idle speculation since this may or may not go anywhere, and regardless wasn't what i was talking about in the first place.

its due to traffic congestion that the first world spends a majority of their time admiring the infrastructure over the superstructure.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
gb2wddp

i like thug lessons

Lessons posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

if queer people can exploit some conflict between bourgeois governments to their advantage then this would be a good thing, regardless of whether it legitimizes imperialism in some abstract sense. if it's simply a tool to further western hegemony, (arguably the more likely proposition), then it's a bad thing and probably won't do anything to help queer people to begin with. in any case this is both all idle speculation since this may or may not go anywhere, and regardless wasn't what i was talking about in the first place.

hahahahha

its ok if first world queers do it but not the third world

western hegemony is, i trust, a topiary fundation.
Punative measures against the populations governed by our reactionary puppet dictatorships must be taken until they realize that Lady Gaga is totally the shiznit

Groulxsmith posted:

discipline posted:
gb2wddp

i like thug lessons

I enjoy he posting

discipline posted:
when WILL we get around to polishing this silver?!??!?! you ALWAYS say it's the wrong time!!!! yes I know 90% of black kids are on food stamps but your insistence that takes USA policy priority over gay people in pakistan leads me to believe you are a big mean bigot!!!!

you're setting up a schema where lgbt rights are somehow in conflict with economic justice for people of color, and it's really transparent

there's a silver lining to a bondman's pockets, as long as the golden rule of gift horses is followed not lead.
thug lessons is a disgusting little trotskyist white supremacist queerophile
[account deactivated]

Lessons posted:

discipline posted:
when WILL we get around to polishing this silver?!??!?! you ALWAYS say it's the wrong time!!!! yes I know 90% of black kids are on food stamps but your insistence that takes USA policy priority over gay people in pakistan leads me to believe you are a big mean bigot!!!!

you're setting up a schema where lgbt rights are somehow in conflict with economic justice for people of color, and it's really transparent

bourgeois lgbt politics are in conflict with anti-imperialism

[account deactivated]
let's all argue and shit stead of driving people out at the drop of a hat