[account deactivated]
i smell an agender

discipline posted:
no I'm not, I'm laughing that it's such a cynical pet issue for flagless neoliberal imperialists and that you are upset for me saying so as opposed to being upset that 90% of african american children are on food stamps?

so what you're telling me is i should concentrate on the starving children, not the dumb words about how lgbt issues are just neoliberalism in disguise, have to be put off, are actually bad for the starving children, etc. hrrm.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:
let's all argue and shit stead of driving people out at the drop of a hat

arguing with reactionary cretins is boring anymore

i don't agree with him on this at all but i don't think lessons is specifically taking sides with obama & co on this, rather taking a more abstract position that is a bit more valid than painting it that way
in what universe is supporting bourgeois government going to make gains for lgbt people in the third world anyway? this is just overt homonationalism
a regular chocobo (in obscure video game vernacular) an carry yer party.

a fat chocobo is usually hidden. give it some greens, and it can carry all yo party's shit. if the west indies needed spice, they looked east. word.

Groulxsmith posted:
i don't agree with him on this at all but i don't think lessons is specifically taking sides with obama & co on this, rather taking a more abstract position that is a bit more valid than painting it that way

of course not, he fancies himself a Revolutionary Communist so he's engaging in trotty Constructive Criticism

[account deactivated]

Groulxsmith posted:

yes, it's specifically the notion that not only is obama Doing Imperialism, but in fact he shouldn't be paying attention to lgbt issues because they aren't important enough at this juncture. nobody addressed this so far btw, just shouted about imperialism and how i'm calling them bigots or something.

youre strawmanning

discipline posted:
pakistine

babyfinland posted:
youre strawmanning

if so then to a far lesser degree than the two of you

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
youre strawmanning

if so then to a far lesser degree than the two of you

ok cool agreed go back to wddp now

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

aha wow, got confused for a second there. with all you flipping out over the mildest criticism of your weird ideology, i thought i was already back there!

SO WHOSE GETTING PAID TO WASTE #TIME ON %DEBATE?

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

aha wow, got confused for a second there. with all you flipping out over the mildest criticism of your weird ideology, i thought i was already back there!

go back to wddp

as an autonomous personhood of natural composition, i demand an explanation or regardings to this burning. is it partial, because i cannot see such insatiable vibrance in topic. or is this merely figurative like analogy to power of heart? i am a doctor and get paid large sums of money not for speculative hyposynthesis. as my taste in things is funded like hedge in dowry i must concede opinion on this insider tip,
[account deactivated]
id just like to point out that Lessons cowardly jumped from "some people think this" to "your ideology" without hesitation or reason
thats a real Thug move

discipline posted:

Lessons posted:

suggesting identity politics are being cynically coopted by imperialism and meaninglessly propagandized in election media??? what a WACkY ideology!!!1

Bourgeois LGBT compradorship is bad for LGBT people and bad for the third world. Therefore we should hem and haw about filthy shit that Clinton spews because I don't want to upset the white supremacist American gay leadership

it would probably help if you were criticising the manner in which obama or whoever is talking about LGBT stuff rather than criticising the fact he's talking about it at all. FWiW
the TONE argument?!?!?!?!?
lol

anistorian posted:
its due to traffic congestion that the first world spends a majority of their time admiring the infrastructure over the superstructure.

jools posted:
it would probably help if you were criticising the manner in which obama or whoever is talking about LGBT stuff rather than criticising the fact he's talking about it at all. FWiW

Maybe but if he was talking about Muslims, POC or the Third WorldI'd respond the same way. For SOME REASON Mr. Lessons is particularly sensitive and defensive about the LGBT politic even when its blatantly mobilized for imperialist, white supremacist gains

Religion is backwards, we have no principle, Obama attacks the Third World and throws us a bone, Covering Fire Covering Fire

jools posted:

because timing is a stamp best left to post aboot (eternally on the face of legitimate chronology).

discipline posted:
suggesting identity politics are being cynically coopted by imperialism and meaninglessly propagandized in election media??? what a WACkY ideology!!!1

whatever meaningful criticisms you might have there are overshadowed by your approach, e.g., to compare lgbt issues unfavorably to what you consider the more important problems for US policymakers, to refer to them as 'polishing the silver', etc. this has been my consistent point that you've consistently ignored.

lol speaking of being ignored

babyfinland posted:

its cool like a sea cucumber. see, there was never a pickle.

u should stay in teh rhizzone thug lessons, the forum is better w/ more people to rile up babyfinland

Lessons posted:

discipline posted:

whatever meaningful criticisms you might have there are overshadowed by your approach, e.g., to compare lgbt issues unfavorably to what you consider the more important problems for US policymakers, to refer to them as 'polishing the silver', etc. this has been my consistent point that you've consistently ignored.

address me or die

babyfinland posted:

i'm directing these towards you as well, but to be a little more specific, yes, the tendency in which privileged white gay men dominate the discourse on lgbt issues is deeply problematic, not only in the service of imperialism but also within queer communities of the imperialist nations. yet you come across as though you're only interested in these issues to the extent that they can be mobilized in the support of your politics, and that's problematic as well; at best it's going to fall on deaf ears and more likely amounts to throwing fuel on the fire.

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

i'm directing these towards you as well, but to be a little more specific, yes, the tendency in which privileged white gay men dominate the discourse on lgbt issues is deeply problematic, not only in the service of imperialism but also within queer communities of the imperialist nations. yet you come across as though you're only interested in these issues to the extent that they can be mobilized in the support of your politics, and that's problematic as well; at best it's going to fall on deaf ears and more likely amounts to throwing fuel on the fire.

the LGBT petty bourgeoiscan get correct or get in line behind fascism, i dont care. the third world does not need to respond to LGBT concerns if theyre voiced through imperialists

well yes, that's exactly the problem, you have no stake in it either way and your motivations are unclear. as far as i can tell you're mostly interested in spitting venom at The Bourgeois Gay Men, (a phrase which in itself could be interpreted as having homophobic overtones).