tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:
also lol that being fluent in 5+ languages makes you an intellectual behemoth, most africans know like ~7

good lord this is racist. dumbass blacks can do it, it must not be anything special. rhiezzone.net doesn't need this kind of prejudice, baby findland.

nah its cool im white supremacist.

Impper posted:

discipline posted:
geneva convention? fffffffehh... *puts me cigarette out on it!*

exactly. the idea of rules to warfare is possibly one of the funniest things imaginable and is obviously a form of chauvinism, and extremely hypocritical to boot

To be fair the rules of war exist because of a special set of conditions created by a continent that was in a state of perpetual war for thousands of years, and were aimed at making it simpler to prosecute massive state war that could start and stop when arbitrary (to a soldier or villager) goals were met. like, no mass executions of prisoners or specifically manufactured cruelty weapons means that your treaties could stand up in the face of angry old men who remember how shitty the pow camp food was rather than flemish mercenaries putting a knife inside their friends' dicks.

You get similar stuff in other places where war was super common, like the Quran has its rules of war which are very u.s. civil war reconstruction forgive and forget the conquering related deeds of your new unquestioned rulers sort of rules

i took a flight from sf to la the other day and i had a read of the skymall magazine helpfully inserted in my seat pocket thing and holy shit. the things you people buy. why do you want a camera disguised as a usb stick. why do you want a 3 ft tall resin bigfoot. why do you want a staircase so arthritic dogs can climb onto the sofa. why you you want a chair disguised as some comically large books. why do you want a star of david christmas tree topper. why do you want the letters of your favourite sports team spelled out in fragments of pictures from their home city. it is not time to turn my ipod nano into a wristwatch. a tungsten ring is not more manly than a silver one. the flair hair visor will not raise insuppressible laughter down at the golf course. we need another war. we need another fucking war

deadken posted:
i took a flight from sf to la the other day and i had a read of the skymall magazine helpfully inserted in my seat pocket thing and holy shit. the things you people buy. why do you want a camera disguised as a usb stick. why do you want a 3 ft tall resin bigfoot. why do you want a staircase so arthritic dogs can climb onto the sofa. why you you want a chair disguised as some comically large books. why do you want a star of david christmas tree topper. why do you want the letters of your favourite sports team spelled out in fragments of pictures from their home city. it is not time to turn my ipod nano into a wristwatch. a tungsten ring is not more manly than a silver one. the flair hair visor will not raise insuppressible laughter down at the golf course. we need another war. we need another fucking war

Better question: why don't you want all of these things

i have nobody i want to spy on, no garden in which to put a bigfoot, no arthritic dog, no need to disguise my chairs, no allegiance to judaism, no favourite sports team, no ipod nano, no metals-based gender insecurity, no golfing buddies to amuse. i have only my bloodlust and the marxist weapon of criticism and self-criticism
also i have a wristwatch already. i have that too
You could put a bigfoot in your apartment and all your friends would think it was baller. Maybe if you're lucky you'll be old enough to have a faithful companion like an arthritic dog one day. Gold is objectively better than silver. You're right about needing another war tho
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Yesterday I was trying to describe "the trap of consumerism" to someone who grew up in severe poverty. They just didn't understand why people who had places to live and enough to eat were depressed when they couldn't afford a resin bigfoot for their garden. Guess some proles will never learn about what it feels like to truly lack. Suddenly I got an image of a modern-day Siddhartha reading skymall and becoming enlightened.

Goethestein posted:
It's not really a moral judgment to point out that on the whole homo sapiens has proven to be insane, cruel and barely sapient

that the natural state of the human animal has nothing to do with Good or Evil. And I maintain that the kind of formal moral obligation described in Kant’s categorical imperative does not actually exist. Take the example of torture. In a civilization as sophisticated as the Roman Empire, not only is torture not considered an Evil, it is actually appreciated as a spectacle. In arenas, people are devoured by tigers; they are burned alive; the audience rejoices to see combatants cut each other’s throats. How, then, could we think that torture is Evil for every human animal? Aren’t we the same animal as Sencea or Marcus Aurelius? I should add that the armed forces of my country, France, with the approval of the governments of the era and the majority of public opinion, tortured all the prisoners during the Algerian War. The refusal of torture is a historical and cultural phenomenon, not at all a natural one. In a general way, the human animal knows cruelty as well as it knows pity; the one is just as natural as the other, and neither one has anything to do with Good or Evil. One knows of crucial situations where cruelty is necessary and useful, and of other situations where pity is nothing but a form of contempt for others. You won’t find anything in the structure of the human animal on which to base the concept of Evil, nor, moreover, that of the Good.

But the formal solution isn’t any better. Indeed, the obligation to be a subject doesn’t have any meaning, for the following reason: The possibility of becoming a subject does not depend on us, but on that which occurs in circumstances that are always singular. The distinction between Good and Evil already supposes a subject, and thus can’t apply to it. It’s always for a subject, not a pre-subjectivized human animal, that Evil is possible. For example, if, during the occupation of France by the Nazis, I join the Resistance, I become a subject of History in the making. From the inside of this subjectivization, I can tell what is Evil (to betray my comrades, to collaborate with the Nazis, etc.). I can also decide what is Good outside of the habitual norms. Thus the writer Marguerite Duras has recounted how, for reasons tied to the resistance to the Nazis, she participated in acts of torture against traitors. The whole distinction between Good and Evil arises from inside a becoming-subject, and varies with this becoming (which I myself call philosophy, the becoming of a Truth). To summarize: There is no natural definition of Evil; Evil is always that which, in a particular situation, tends to weaken or destroy a subject. And the conception of Evil is thus entirely dependent on the events from which a subject constitutes itself. It is the subject who prescribes what Evil is, not a natural idea of Evil that defines what a “moral” subject is. There is also no formal imperative from which to define Evil, even negatively. In fact, all imperatives presume that the subject of the imperative is already constituted, and in specific circumstances. And thus there can be no imperative to become a subject, except as an absolutely vacuous statement. That is also why there is no general form of Evil, because Evil does not exist except as a judgment made, by a subject, on a situation, and on the consequences of his own actions in this situation. So the same act (to kill, for example) may be Evil in a certain subjective context, and a necessity of the Good in another.

nice thousand words to explain something that needed no more than 10

Goethestein posted:
nice thousand words to explain something that needed no more than 10

i'll do you better:
1. nice
2. moron
3. thinking

did you know? whether or not something is considered good or evil is dependent on its current and historical context?? *rolls shirtless in piles of honorary doctorates*
wow, great, yes, let us never revisit any subject again

Goethestein posted:
did you know? whether or not something is considered good or evil is dependent on its current and historical context?? *rolls shirtless in piles of honorary doctorates*

lol good job taking the least amount of information you possibly could, you incompetent goat idiot

gibs me de honoroary doctorates!~
a cool thing that i like about leftists is how they deny that human beings have a nature. now this is obviously untenable given any questioning from the angles of biology, neurology, or cultural studies, but that isn't the point. the point is that it is less untenable than claiming that human beings are inherently good, which leftists would certainly claim if all available evidence didn't point to it being as supported as the moon being a five foot wide green cube. sophistic chaff

Goethestein posted:
a cool thing that i like about

Goethestein posted:
a cool thing that i like about leftists is how they deny that human beings have a nature. now this is obviously untenable given any questioning from the angles of biology, neurology, or cultural studies, but that isn't the point. the point is that it is less untenable than claiming that human beings are inherently good, which leftists would certainly claim if all available evidence didn't point to it being as supported as the moon being a five foot wide green cube. sophistic chaff

thats a cool think to like! Indeed that is a cool think to like, i like that! Except that humans have nature (which is a contradictory relation of impulsive drives) but human subjectivity does not, since it is a matter of Good and Evil as the ethics of a truth-process, the former being fidelity, the latter corruption. this is something you would like if you read anything, but alas you are simply a goat animal. Prone to the idiocies of animal thinking

to prove how good humans are, i wont rehabilitate you forcefully, just yet. i'm gonna let you pursue the path of Evil and weaken or destroy yourself, before i commit you to the IFAP for your own Good

an insistence of "gibs me dat" doctorates

Goethestein posted:

'nature' is a meaningless word, a nonsense idea rarely used for anything other than suppressing heterogeneity or selling soap etc

"Human Nature"

-Mikayla Jackson

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

'nature' is a meaningless word

sophism combo x2

it would be cool if someone could do a human biodiversity thread and then debunk it

Goethestein posted:
sophism combo x2

cool essentialism br0

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:
sophism combo x2

cool essentialism br0

essentialism is a dumb buzzword used to avoid thought

Goethestein posted:
essentialism is a dumb buzzword used to avoid thought

bzzzzt actually, thats 'nature' you're thinking of. sorry & thanks for playing

my words are impeccably meaningful and your words are dumb gibber goo - the gort stein
thats tru tho. imo
was each human being created uniquely in a haphazard arrangement from random materials, or are they creatures of generally similar configuration and composition that were developed in the same way and require the same basic compounds to for their continued animation. if so, then they have a nature. everything else is just quibbling over specifics

Goethestein posted:
was each human being created uniquely in a haphazard arrangement from random materials, or are they creatures of generally similar configuration and composition that were developed in the same way and require the same basic compounds to for their continued animation. if so, then they have a nature. everything else is just quibbling over specifics

ya pretty much.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444369
i swear i'm not being glib or trolling when i say that i honestly believe all media should run all footage of all politically-motivated violence all the time. it's the only way left to genuinely confront people with the implications of their governments' actions
[account deactivated]
that's for lockerbie!
:)

deadken posted:

these items are on sale in magazines in every aeroplane flying from anywhere to anywhere else these days. a literally global phenomenon. i dont think anybody buys them tho

cooperative behaviour evolved btw