what is the point of your impotent rage, goatstein? disband the militay entire1ly? ron pau? what about the idf? should they disband? should the iranian imperial guard disband?

The evidence indicates that members of the United States military are largely racist sociopaths

as opposed to the romans? as opposed to the persians? as opposed to the british? the red army in ww2?

the fundamental task of soldiers in a war is to kill people who have a different identity to themselves.

war, war never changes etc.

AmericanNazbro posted:

i support our tropps and their mission in spreading democracy and peace. peace isn't free, many people overlook this fact.

that's true, peace isn't free.. how many american battalions you think it costs? i'd say about three and a rooftop extraction of the CIA via helicopter

For every QQ about the troops you do, i kill two
Here I found some troops you guys can worship

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

The evidence indicates that members of the United States military are largely racist sociopaths

as opposed to the romans? as opposed to the persians? as opposed to the british? the red army in ww2?

the fundamental task of soldiers in a war is to kill people who have a different identity to themselves.

You know, I've been giving it some thought, and you do have a point... The red army was good and the US army is bad. I guess, really, the answer IS somewhere in the middle..

Crow posted:

You know, I've been giving it some thought, and you do have a point... The red army was good and the US army is bad. I guess, really, the answer IS somewhere in the middle..

obviously the vanquishing of the nazis was a far more noble goal than the subjugation of iraq.

alls i'm saying is that fundamentally, the individual experiences and the dynamic of the soldiers throughout history and throughout the world is probably pretty similar. You've got an enemy whose well-being you are at best indifferent towards, you've got your 'brothers' and you have some sort of ideology that justifies what you're doing.

i never said that, obviously the vanquishing of the nazis was a far more noble goal than the subjugation of iraq.

far more noble, huh?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i never said that, obviously the vanquishing of the nazis was a far more noble goal than the subjugation of iraq.

far more noble, huh?

yeh

naw
There you have it folks, a troop apologist is also a nazi apologist. Nuff said?
from an american perspective, something about the 'vanquishing of the nazis' was noble? at the time of the war? lol
being a hitler apologist and saying USAias involvement was not noble are in no way connected. hitler was totally retarded. way worse than a US troop
See the heartless cruelty of the troop supporter? The blase ignorance, the lack of empathy, a total ethical vaccuum? Truly sad... I wish I could agree with you, IWC, I really do but.... What can one do when there are such brutes?
come back and talk to me when you stop wearing baggy ass jeans, crow
Being part of a volunteer army is cool because despite all your personal feelings about patriotism and all that silly nonsense, in reality all you really are is just a privately contracted soldier whose ties to his country are wrapped around a purse. At least with conscripts, for better or worse, it's not limited to the illusion of some sort of hipster liberal aesthetic/captain america cartoon shit.
this wasted dude really hates new york hipsters. he posts about it literally every time he sees me talking bc he cant afford nearly as much cocaine as me without a trust fund

Goethestein posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

funniest thing about troops is they have like a million dollars worth of body armor and equipment to protect a neanderthal. because white supremacy is so absurd that even a single death of a white american against 100 arab deaths is unacceptable. america is a giant paper tiger, and the troops are the biggest paper tigers of all, million dollar "super-soldiers" who can't even fight against some 15 year old afghani kid with an ak-47.

i was reading that future weapons GIP thread and it really is astonishing how much they sincerely seem to believe that what america needs right now is fucking laser guns.

I dunno, i guess i blame popular culture for giving all these clowns a stupid idea of war

blame them for being awful. not every goofy pathology of every broken needledick sociopath is society's fault

gee where do all these idiots get all these ideas from. weird. must be some kind of chemical thing

i think this troop hate must be a reaction to the militaristic culture of your country. Obviously, we also Worship our Brave Boys and have holidays for them and all the rest but it's not as much a part of the culture.

i read recently that something like 25-30 million Americans were serving or veterans which is quite a lot
i mean for a country that hasn't been invaded since 1812 y'know

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

come back and talk to me when you stop wearing baggy ass jeans, crow

whatever dude i saw your jeans and they were WAY too loose. like some sort of relaxed fit tip or something lol. weird.
i like how GiP is a Lol Funney Troll Forum but not to the point that anyone is allowed to make fun of them

Goethestein posted:

i like how

troop hating always made me feel pretty nervous cause I could never really understand it. troop hate almost seems to me like a tool for imperialism because it makes people ignore indoctrination and focuses on the individual.
when I was younger I always wanted to join the military. My parents were very conservative and encouraged it. and every time someone would speak negatively about the military i felt even more compelled to become a military man due to a sense of nationalism. and it's always the same shit like "you're a fucking murdererer fucker FUCK". But it's like yeah. that's the fucking thing. The military and whatnot have been convincing us that that's the purpose of the troop, and have been very successful at it. It's like telling a mechanic that he's a dope ass engine fixing mother fucker. I'm not sure how it's productive.
It seems like people get a smug sastifaction out of troop hate because it's the lowest of the lowest hanging fruit. It's pretty easy to convice some dum ass hipster that killing people is bad. You get to pat yourself on the back becaue you got somebody on your side on your gay ass fight against imperialism. but in reality you're just having a nice little circle jerk at your fav cafe.
I dunno, im pretty drunk and thats my 2 cents. i didn't read goatsteins post cuz i hate reading his posts. and i never joined the military because i started doing coke at young age. and wooo-eeee what a ride has it been since then
i like this piece, thanks goatdude
troop hating in the uk isnt really a thing bc its like, we'd rather those fuckwits hang around helmand neighbourhoods than in ours. house prices uber alles

we have a remembrance day thats based in commemorating those who died in real wars but its quite pluralistic, the ruler of the day will always try to make it about our brave boys dying for his personal adventure but mostly ppl use it a way to discuss how its A Bit More Complicated Than That

Edited by cleanhands ()

cleanhands posted:

troop hating in the uk isnt really a thing bc its like, we'd rather those fuckwits hang around helmand neighbourhoods than in ours. house prices uber alles

we have a remembrance day thats based in commemorating those who died in real wars but its quite pluralistic, the ruler of the day will always try to make it about our brave boys dying for his personal adventure but mostly ppl use it a way to discuss how its A Bit More Complicated Than That

so pluralistic that people get charged for burning flowers and disabled people get beaten by cops for attempting to lay the wrong coloured flower?

when i get angry about systems devoted to power through brutalization i always make sure to hate every little twinkling star in the night sky too because really who knows what influence their hydrogen / helium fusion and gravity wells had on creating this corrupt world

im looking at you, NGC 979. yeah, you. fuck you too you piece of shit

this is actually a pretty interesting point. has there been anything written on how you foster a 'people's army' where national ideology isn't incidental and sociopathy isn't an a priori requirement for the guys doing the grunt work? or has it always been that you just thank the lord that you have a standing army at all whose sociopathy can be directed at a worthy cause.

although i guess in a twisted way america is sort of a good example of that really happening, a military fighting for what they believe in. not that that's hard to achieve when a nation's explicit ideology is economic self-interest.

ilmdge posted:

mustang19 posted:

ilmdge posted:

I've literally irl spit on troops.

story please

there's a cute girl i know that really wanted to spit on soldiers but was afraid of being hit by them, and i told her she didn't have to worry because the same bizarre code of honor that allows troops to murder children in iraq tells them they can't hit a girl, but she was still scared so she put all this padding under her shrt to make her look pregnant and it owned so hard, she spit on them and the look on those dumb sheep's faces was one of total perplexion and you could actually see them searching for a course of action, you could read their transparent thoughts right in their eyes, but the problem with the fake pregnancy thing was that it would always give them an outlet, they'd always get on a soapbox and start talking about how it was thanks to them that her child would be able to be free so once she got a little more comfortable she ditched that safety net and now she just gets all nasty with them, screams at them and spits on them and dares them to beat the shit out of her, she a cute girl like 5'1 or something but totally full of venom like you wouldn't believe and she's a fixture now when these troops are coming thru dc and is really the best there is now at educating those dumb apes, and one time one of them actually did snap and slap her in the face and it gave her a busted lip and the whole crowd was like gasping tghat he would hit a woman and she loved every second of it and he was owned. btw huey this is karen im talking about rofl so you can just imagine what its like.

ya khamsek's mom freaking owns

is that baggy-ass jeans or baggy ass-jeans

cleanhands posted:

so pluralistic that people get charged for burning flowers and disabled people get beaten by cops for attempting to lay the wrong coloured flower?

i didnt say the uk police state was pluralistic

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

the vast majority of the USAF aren't killers tho? or sign up to be killers?

the air force is the least justifiable branch of the armed forces

discipline posted:

troop hate smacks of methodological individualism ftw and draws attention away from the more general reproduction of society

word salad invoked to justify murder