trakfactri posted:

Well I look at it from a Soviet perspective where you have distinction between the military and militarism (interlinked with imperialism). Similarly, I see a distinction between gaming and gamers (or gamer-ism), furthermore

sort of like the distinction between pleasurable shared activities based on customary rules and goals in general, and the specific activity of compulsively collecting and running resource-intense computer programs that are designed to be addicting to children

and adults!

karphead posted:

and adults!

Actually, video games are for children.

Gaming is okay, if you're a child.

thirdplace posted:

yeah video games are like a class of drugs that lack the redeeming effect of making you cool

From the makers of Crisis in the Kremlin and Ostalgie comes Deng Simulator.

swampman posted:

i think eradicating electronic games is going to be an important part of the culture-wide psychological therapy necessary to heal the mental damage caused by capitalism, and an important part of any successful strategy to save the world ecology from total collapse

*extremely Cool Hand Luke voice* Critical support

have been really zenning out with cities skylines. i put a podcast on or something nice on spotify and just build my little utopia, it's so chill.
i love that game but i always end up with shitty grids and really bad traffic and then i give up

sovnarkoman posted:

i love that game but i always end up with shitty grids and really bad traffic and then i give up

sounds like you've got what it takes to become a real world city planner

sovnarkoman posted:

the trick is to start making highway on/off access asap. I'll try to find the youtube guy who changed my game. don't be afraid to spread out and be messy, forget about grids.

So you're getting your harmony on, by burying your head in some shiny pro-car propaganda. Sounds like climate change denial to me
you would think there was a video game called swampman but there isn't

karphead posted:

you would think there was a video game called swampman but there isn't

There is a "vido game" called LIFE and swampman is the protogonist

i'd rather play steep
or this one

Edited by karphead ()

wrong thread