graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

i have have started the file transfer via rsync.. godspeed.

transfer is still going, i guess i posted this two days ago lmfao.. im only moving my anime folder

sounds like an insane transfer. keep us posted

88888 posted:

sounds like an insane transfer. keep us posted

thanks chief, i will. just trying to be friendly and community-minded but i know zzoners dont seem to like that here

itd be dope if instead of people telling me im clogging up the pipes by making unimportant psots theyd recognize it as an invitation to just like uhh, talk. chat. in a casual way. because thats what im doing lmfao, youre missing the point. good lord. maybe i really should jsut go to twitter
making someone feel they shouldn't post runs against the very nougat of my forums-related beliefs... but just as the posts should flow freely, so should the riffs flow freely from them. that is the offsite dialectic
anyhow bill gates will have to kill me before I register this copy of windows

88888 posted:

making someone feel they shouldn't post runs against the very nougat of my forums-related beliefs... but just as the posts should flow freely, so should the riffs flow freely from them. that is the offsite dialectic

once again i am being defensive when at another time i may not be. see my many instant apologies made already. i take it back. cheers

in any case, the transfer has finished.
just updated to gnome 3.36. Now I have to fix all the extensions, apparently they use something different form gdm now, but only sometimes. This is always a pain
i just upgraded to coroma virus (joke where the virus is windows or something)
waiting for developers to write a sick COVID package for python used to analyze and predict big health
my decade old thinkpad is struggling under the weight of 310 firefox tabs
you should do what i did to my x220 tablet, rip the wifi chip out, take the thing offline, those old intels shouldn't be connected to the internet anymore anyway. put your mp3s on it and some ebooks and your work all of which you'll suddenly be able to concentrate on. just an idea

toyot posted:

you should do what i did to my x220 tablet, rip the wifi chip out, take the thing offline, those old intels shouldn't be connected to the internet anymore anyway.

it seems the new intels arent much better yet anyways haha. no ones fixed the issue afaik , and as cool as it is to use the last thinkpad model with the old-style keyboard as a daily driver, its really because im broke as shit, as well. i need to file a zero-income tax return so i can get my 1200 cause im gonna get some compyter stuff with it.. build a desktop or whatever. hopefully they dont rip it away from me, as i am likely in student loan defautl because of my inability to be on top of anything. haha.

i could do the internet-isolated machine thing tho.. unfortunately i have some other thinkpads and i wont say how many haha, but i was using a t60 as my main machine a couple years back, still. i wish they still made laptops with 4:3 screens.. sadly i only have the xga model, the uxga ones seem very hard to come by and its not worth it to me because its just a hobbyist thing at this point. i want something i can use lol, not just for fun collecting purposes. if i could i would be on a pismo

Edit: doubleposting in main forum

Edited by tears ()

computers thread https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/business/coronavirus-cobol-programmers-new-jersey-trnd/index.html
anyone looking for a job take note, they probably won’t challenge you if you claim to know COBOL and just throw catchphrases at them during the “technical” interview. Couple months’ paycheck at least, and the only cost is the blood of the workers
put the bold in cobold
spent four hours this morning editing and scaling down every stupid, idiotic, useless feature of windows 10. i also changed every single icon manually, edited menu displays, and other stuff. i have a solid looking rip off of windows 98 custom theme going on this terrible OS. i would love to dual boot lubuntu but i don't want to lose the 1tb of music i've downloaded in the last few years. this will do for now
an update in November '19 fricking BORKED my Win10 so after a buncha attempts i ended up having to a) dig out my gf's old laptop that still had an optical drive, b) special order a DUAL LAYER dvd-r because the recovery media is juuuuust a smidge bigger than a single layer one (usb recovery wasn't working for whatever reason), and c) reinstall the whole thing that way. and then manually take out all the above mentioned annoying default shit

it's been said many times but, "Micro$haft WinBlows"

fill my compy with garbage
this is my last resort
i absolutely won't use windows 10, way too much surveillance baked in that you can't disable. probably doesn't even matter for my actual life, all things considered, but it makes my fucking skin crawl. when win7 stops being viable i'll just have to main linux for everything, or idk, go hermit in a shed in the mountains
when you think about it a window is a device to view things through, so it makes sense that shadowy computer men can view you through the operating system of the same name

liceo posted:

i have a solid looking rip off of windows 98 custom theme going on this terrible OS

It looks like you are writing about politics. Would you like my help with editing three Ks into america?

pogfan1996 posted:

It looks like you are writing about politics. Would you like my help with editing three Ks into america?

Synergy posted:

great song