aerdil posted:

animedad posted:

aerdil posted:

that so-called investigation is carried about mostly by right-dev wreckers like molly klein and phil greaves who spend all their time attacking other leftists, including activists from this very rhizzone of ours!, instead of actual imperialists. so forgive me if i think it's ridiculous and wrong to pursue a strident doxx campaign of a hipster florist from san francisco that joined the ypg to prove he's cia instead of worrying about more important things lol

um well let's have a communist party worth a shit and then we can talk about right devs and wreckers

well sounding like a crazy person on twitter by attacking pisspig for being cia and obsessively defaming other leftists who are out there organizing probably isn't going to do much to help establish a communist party. i think it's okay to express some good will to the weirdos who engage in adventurism for a marxist cause without reflexively accusing them of being cia because they're from the imperial core and have dsa-like politics. it's certainly not evidence that the ypg is cia. in any case it's odd to me that this is the hill these people decide to die on, instead of actually getting out there and organizing with the PSL or the WWP. in fact it's the latter folks they also attack. interesting. which one is going to bring us closer to a broad radical party i wonder.

one should entangle one's life with the lives of oppressed people, or else honestly submit to bourgeois life. fuck wwp/psl

like by going to syria?
this was a wwp action. animedad do you read their paper ever?

animedad posted:

this for starters

This is what i meant by the increasing absurdity of these arguments. the fact that the syrian state has explicitly affirmed that the saa have supported the ypg are irrelevant because **looks at cork board covered in push pins and red twine** Pisspig was once in a punk band. this is just mindless idiocy you're clearly smarter than.

My statement earlier was meant to clear the air with regards to the specific claim about US involvement on the ground, not endorse the conclusion.

What's the beef with psl and wwp tho

Urbandale posted:

What's the beef with psl and wwp tho

no clear denunciation of the imperialist aggression of pig piss grand dad or comparadors anime_steven and the_homestuck_respecter for their cia-backed smear campaign against leading light phil

There's a lot of really interesting and important things that have happened in Syria recently, none of which relate to which particular twitters have gone there to promote their brand

For example:

Turkey has invaded syria

Turkey destroyed al-bab creating tens of thousands of refugees

Turkey's grey wolf clown army got bogged down and was too busy posting pics of looking cool on twitter/facebook to push through towards raqqa before the SAA cut them off just W of manbij removing a free (isis)route to raqqa

Turkish clown forces are now realigned to east against kurdish/YPG/SDF forces in manbij as they have no interest in going to war with Syria/Iran/Hezbullah

As a result of this SDF have discarded their "alliance with amerikkka only" stance, if that ever was their only stance since treating things as distinct and complete entities is bad assumptions, currently seems to be that they will allow SAA to reach euphrates NE of manbij cutting off turkey fully.

Also SAA re-liberated Palmyra again

oits pretty internesting

The two most interesting things atm are how poorly commanded the turkish army has been and wheather looking forward israel will launch a war against hizbullah this summer

tears posted:

The two most interesting things atm are how poorly commanded the turkish army has been and wheather looking forward israel will launch a war against hizbullah this summer

signs point to yes :\

All the baddies' armies are performing like shit atm. Israel lost in 2006/7 and again in 2014 in Gaza, Turkey's army is accomplishing fuckall because they purged all their officers, and I guess the Saudis are still off playing soldier and getting their mercenaries mulched by the Houthis. what a time to be alive
..that Erdogan has stated publicaly that turkish forces would move to "liberate" manbij and then a (small) group of US forces were seen very publicaly entering manbij flying US flags from their vehicles...

...thats a pretty big standoff considering they're both NATO countries...

...we aint seen nothing yet...
[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

USA government sends its ultimate agents to defeat the lion Assad: four mentally ill independent operators with no military or political experience.

The Four Lions sequel sounds amazing.

this is funny. US troops are now operating as human shields to keep turks from attacking kurds

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military has carved out a new role in Syria, with small numbers of troops now positioned to prevent an escalation of violence among an array of militias and other forces that have converged on an increasingly complex battlefield.

A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, on Monday said the U.S. troops are on the western outskirts of Manbij to “reassure and deter,” and are making themselves visible by flying American flags. It is neither an offensive nor defense role, he said, but a mission designed to keep a lid on tensions that risk creating new levels of violence in northern Syria.

“It’s a visible reminder, for anybody who’s looking to start a fight, that the only fight that should be going on right now is with ISIS,” Davis said, using the Trump administration’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State group.

Manbij is a flashpoint because Turkey claims that Syrian Kurdish fighters it considers a threat to Turkey are operating in the city, despite U.S. denials. Also in the area are Syrian regime forces backed by Russia as well as American-supported Syrian Arab fighters.

The spokesman said the new U.S. presence is meant in part to “reassure that ISIS has been driven from Manbij,” adding, “Manbij is liberated and there’s not a need for further fighting there.” He did not mention Turkey, but the Turkish government has insisted that Kurds are still in Manbij and that it intends to eject them by force if necessary.

ilmdge posted:

using the Trump administration’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State group.

eh?

kamelred posted:

ilmdge posted:

using the Trump administration’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State group.

eh?

"CIA" is a bit stale even for them don't you think

ilmdge posted:

this is funny. US troops are now operating as human shields to keep turks from attacking kurds

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military has carved out a new role in Syria, with small numbers of troops now positioned to prevent an escalation of violence among an array of militias and other forces that have converged on an increasingly complex battlefield.

A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, on Monday said the U.S. troops are on the western outskirts of Manbij to “reassure and deter,” and are making themselves visible by flying American flags. It is neither an offensive nor defense role, he said, but a mission designed to keep a lid on tensions that risk creating new levels of violence in northern Syria.

“It’s a visible reminder, for anybody who’s looking to start a fight, that the only fight that should be going on right now is with ISIS,” Davis said, using the Trump administration’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State group.

Manbij is a flashpoint because Turkey claims that Syrian Kurdish fighters it considers a threat to Turkey are operating in the city, despite U.S. denials. Also in the area are Syrian regime forces backed by Russia as well as American-supported Syrian Arab fighters.

The spokesman said the new U.S. presence is meant in part to “reassure that ISIS has been driven from Manbij,” adding, “Manbij is liberated and there’s not a need for further fighting there.” He did not mention Turkey, but the Turkish government has insisted that Kurds are still in Manbij and that it intends to eject them by force if necessary.

in before someone claims turkey is world-historically progressive now

*catches up on the last couple of pages* *clears throat* Who gives a shit about ypg lol.

blinkandwheeze posted:

animedad posted:

this for starters

This is what i meant by the increasing absurdity of these arguments. the fact that the syrian state has explicitly affirmed that the saa have supported the ypg are irrelevant because **looks at cork board covered in push pins and red twine** Pisspig was once in a punk band. this is just mindless idiocy you're clearly smarter than.

Yeah, you have a point that tugs at my better sense. the aforementioned twitter accounts are arguing with literal trolls about what is going on in Syria, strengthening their position with mostly hearsay and a lot of bluster that doesn't help anyone learn anything new. The abuse/runaround that you get if a sincere question is raised to these folks is troubling also.

depicted: rats of US imperialism undermining the military capabilities of the syrian armed forces and russian peacekeepers through an unequal exchange of "dance moves". the skilless "dance" of a pseudo-nation is exchanged for a glorious display of chechen culture... think of that what you will.

srs: the SDF was cut off from the turks by the SAA. god bless.

depicted: a brave russian operator is tricked into putting the patch of us imperialism on his uniform, and DA KURDS continue to pose as anti-imperialists. my thoughts and prayers go out.
on a serious, but depressing note, the US is sending ~500 troops to syria to "temporarily" "assist" the operation to liberate raqqa from ISIS. now, 1,000 US troops can't do shit in a country like syria, but the centcom general said they'll need more troops (whether or not they'll get them, i don't know, that was one of the reasons the US military claimed they "lost" iraq/afghanistan). they'll presumably be providing artillery support. i'm waiting on how russia responds, and if trump gets palace coup'd, to see they'll end up sticking around after raqqa is liberated and end up provoking russia. i also want to see the syrian govts response, now that trump's in the whitehouse (e.g. assad supported the muslim ban).

e: right now it seems the SDF and SAA are fighting together near manbij against those 'other' us proxies:

Edited by marlax78 ()

uim so used to seeing brown moses bullshit that i thought those red crescents were them circling something in the pictures
Hey ilmdge check out this irrefutable photo evidence that assad has used chemical weapons

the lion speaks

Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one.

And we don't think this is going to help. What are they going to do? To fight ISIS? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan, your neighboring country. They didn't succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions.

Support our troops

That's a check Point in old Damascus down the road from where the double suicide bomb went off the day before.

Men and women young and old (mostly young) check every car for bombs... They used to have car bombs every week at the start when syrian society was not prepared for mass terrorism.

They are conscripted across society since from when they leave university or school...
Many families have given 2,3,4,5 children as Martyrs in this war... They are paid $60-100 per month. Its freezing at night, for them and the civilians they protect.
Gas is too expensive to burn and there is little firewood.
That's where you've been this whole time since you stopped posting?
I hope Xipe is okay if he's still in Damascus
https://www.mintpressnews.com/u-s-army-announces-troops-will-stay-in-syria-after-isis-defeat/225864/
i like to think of myself as an optimist, sure, US troops remaining in syria after the defeat of isis is a bad thing, but hell, look on the bright side, at least some yankees are going to die

EYY OOPSADAISILIANO
death to america

chickeon posted:

death to america

catchphrase

This mosque bombing is beginning to really confuse me. The initial reaction is, of course, "amerikkka strikes again" and horror and sadness. Unfortunately there's nothing surprising about hearing that the US intentionally killed 60 innocent people, but some of the circumstances around this bombing are strange as hell. Today, The Intercept published this article about it, and it struck me as odd that the header photo is of the White Helmets.

It looks like the typical bullshit fakery. A bunch of people standing around doing nothing with a couple of white helmets shuffling some dirt around, and a guy with a camera taking a picture. So I figured that the White Helmets were up to their old tricks of reusing old, unrelated photos of rubble. That, or they had staged some rubble elsewhere and said it's al-Jinah mosque. But after googling the photographer, Omar Haj Kadour, the set of photos that the header picture is a part of looks like he was actually at the site of the bombing, and so were the white helmets. This clearly doesn't make sense. We all know the white helmets don't show up for anything other than photo ops. So, looking further into it, pretty much all of the information about this bombing comes from our good friend Brown Moses and his crack team of terrorists citizen journalists.
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2017/03/16/us-missile-remains-reportedly-recovered-from-site-of-aleppo-mosque-bombing/
All the usual suspects are involved in this. Every Qatari/UK/US funded opposition group with ties to al-Qaeda and ISIS (all of them) has condemned the attack. That bearded American guy who made the video with the suicide bomber, Bilal Abdul Kareem, is one of the people providing information about this. Not to get too far into BM's territory, but the sign up against the exploded mosque looks propped up after the bombing happened to me. There's tons of other different peculiarities evident on that page that you can see for yourself.

So I don't know what exactly to make of all this, but here's what I think is clear.
The US did bomb a structure in Aleppo province on March 16, 2017.

What is not clear.
Why the US bombed this structure.
What casualties, if any, resulted from this bombing.

edit: forgot a word

Edited by colddays ()

I haven't looked at this quite as long as you have but from what I saw, the US admitted to doing the bombing, but say they didn't bomb a mosque, but an AQ site 50 feet away from the mosque. Either they did bomb the mosque and are full of shit (probably still the most likely scenario tbh) or they did hit the AQ site 50 feet away and the propaganda arm of AQ (ie the White Helmets) are now using their tactics against the US for a change, since the US bombed AQ this time.
Another interpretation might be, the White Helmets fucked up their staged disasters too many times, but the USA is too married to them by propaganda at this point, so we give them a real disaster. Maybe those standing around expected more of an opportunity to create dramatic footage than a real bombing causes. I'm just speculating but let's pretend I know what I'm talking about
This post is just a place holder of me putting my balls all over any of swampman's purported red credentials.

Yeah, what I thought. This might take awhile.
nice meltdown

though i've never really understood peoples need to put their balls "all over" other people (or their credentials{sic?}), seems odd tbh