are you actually saying all the people that hold the likely prostitute engagement against you do so because they are anti-communists? That's a rather weird take imo

ilmdge posted:

are you actually saying all the people that hold the likely prostitute engagement against you do so because they are anti-communists? That's a rather weird take imo

It's been six years. The pattern is clear to me since I'm the one who's the target. Remember that this forum and more importantly the internet has changed massively in that time. Anti-revisionist communism may be old hat now but in those days it wasn't the case and I used to get regularly banned until I was made a moderator as a joke. Most of the people who target me weren't even around when I posted about it. This is also based on observations of what happened to tpaine yesterday who was similarly attacked by those protecting their own vulnerabilities against those with a longer history and more social capital.

Notice that no one who actually posted with deadken has interrogated themselves except to jump on the bandwagon of condemnation. When I said tpaine was the only one to consistently call him out I meant it, everything happening now is just scrambling to pass the hot potato. I don't remember if roseweird was around then but the common practice of condemning the whole forum comes from the same place of safe distance since this forum has massively changed in that time and fascism is no longer welcome. How easy to shit on the left, especially when you come out righteous.
You could have just said you're mad because you already self-criticized and it's unfair to be made to do it over and over. It's pretty arrogant to believe that you have such a deep read on the people here or that this is a place where actual politics is done like a communist party.
let's all settle down please.
Holy smokes
Tpaine should be made mod but instead he's been banned because those who are better at saying the right things and knowing when not to speak have found a reason to get rid of him. And yes, I'm aware he asked for it but this is only after observing the same process that I now am over the years. Every single person who complained about him should instead be seriously confessing their own culpability. If there is political motivation is only my guess since I cannot imagine the appeal of posting here for fascists and liberals except to master a tiny community of unusually large influence.
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

When I said tpaine was the only one to consistently call him out I meant it

tpaine also more persistently brings up your umm indiscretions than anyone else

At the end of the day tpaine and I have an understanding (maybe just in my head but I'd like to think not). I noticed you still haven't apologized and explained how your beliefs have changed from biological fascism or your culpability in posting with deadken, something I have done and will do again given an honest environment.

tpaine has been requesting bans for the last year, maybe since swampman critiqued his reference to the poster HURRICANE FAGGOT, or maybe back further when people disagreed with his tirades about rap music. Hes also mad about getting bad feedback on a deluge of rape jokes. Basically he thinks this place is too sensitive although his particular bone to pick with us this time is that people didn't step up to defend him when someone said he threatened to rape another poster. Anyway hes in self-imposed exile, he ifapped himself, hes not reallty "banned"

marimite posted:

You could have just said you're mad because you already self-criticized and it's unfair to be made to do it over and over.

I know that people do harangue Huey for this over and over, and that the episode in question is over 5 years behind us at this point. But is there a link to the self-criticism, because roseweird and elemenop and others have asked about that.

babyhueypnewton posted:

I have no problem saying it again and would even make a thread about it if it made people more comfortable but it has to come from a genuine desire from the forum and not the grudges of reactionaries and fascists attempting to jockey for power.

I'll have to look for it. I remember it existing, though I guess considering huey's reaction to those that don't I'm not sure it matters.

marimite posted:

I'll have to look for it. I remember it existing, though I guess considering huey's reaction to those that don't I'm not sure it matters.

I only reacted to people who are using it for the reasons I've stated. There is no reason for you to remember the personal and political grudges against me but I do. If you want I will make a thread right now because I have no problem with you at all. But I expect everyone to then make similar posts about their own culpability in this event and be honest about their own sexism without being judged as forever sinners. Otherwise it's all a facade.

[account deactivated]
seems to be that creeps are empowered in shitty "communities", but I dunno bphn
[account deactivated]
Now THAts an apology letter!
I think there is a lot of arrogance in this conversation, I don't fault any individual poster for it, but what exactly is the rhizzone responsible for here? We didn't launch Kriss's writing career, we didn't go to parties with him or buy his books. This is a public forum where people can register freely and make some pretty bad posts before we permanently ban. In 2012 there was ironic fascism here that has since been driven out. Kriss was routinely mocked for abusing drugs, relationships and leftism, did we have a responsibility beyond that mockery to warn the world about this dangerous monster? I can go back and search through my posts but I personally don't feel a need to "self crit" here as I don't behave like that and don't have anything to do with Kriss. At this point my relationship with Zizek is equally close, I've met him more times.

I want to ban based on forums behavior. Dangerous and outright disruptive behavior = permanently banned. Actively shitty people mocked as a first resort and then eventually banned. Ordernary posters who happen to be incredbly bourgeois (me) parasites (me) allowed to post freely without ever having restriction, as long as they try hard and do the best (me). Even though I've known a lot of you for years, this is not my social life or mental health support, it's where I come to learn about communism from interesting people. I expect that some of you are guilty of some bullshit but that's not relevant to this forum being a resource for my personal growth. I wish I didn't know about bhpn's crime because it's not something I can do anything about or have any relation to. Knowing about it doesn't change my stance on sex tourism or how I behave in real life. If someone is reading this post saying, "well for me or this other person I know, it IS a social life / mental health support group" then we need to have a broader conversation about setting up a private board, screening ideology / "extreme irony" / trigger topics &c. For those people I say without malice or condescension, have you tried posting at WDDP?

Edited by swampman ()

babyhueypnewton posted:

This is also based on observations of what happened to tpaine yesterday who was similarly attacked by those protecting their own vulnerabilities against those with a longer history and more social capital.

downvote you I must

babyhueypnewton posted:

marimite posted:

I only reacted to people who are using it for the reasons I've stated. There is no reason for you to remember the personal and political grudges against me but I do. If you want I will make a thread right now because I have no problem with you at all. But I expect everyone to then make similar posts about their own culpability in this event and be honest about their own sexism without being judged as forever sinners. Otherwise it's all a facade.

Sorry I changed my mind, I wrote up a post but then realized it would do nothing except feed reactionaries who have it out for me on internet spaces far more toxic than this one where it could seriously impact my life. Any real divulging of what I've done since would put me in danger, at least in my own estimation. That probably makes me a shitty person who refuses to apologize and I accept that, because at the end of the day I value my real life and the good work I've done for communism and proletarian feminism over the potential consequences of apologizing to this community that would surely lead to a doxxing.

Best I can say is I apologize for what was absolutely sexual exploitation and an abuse of power as a white first world male and have tried my best to promote proletarian feminism here, on more influential websites, and in real life practice. If I never said that then I do now and it repulses me that anyone would think I am similar to a rapist like Sam Kriss. I also participated in an internet culture where people like Sam Kriss were normal and "shock value" fascism was a feature of discourse, something that looking back was inexcusable. There are many good communists here who I feel bad about bothering with this stuff and if it makes you feel uncomfortable for me to post here then I am willing to not post. Because of them I am not calling for deleting my account but that is also an option. All I have is my record since and my long history trying to promote communism and the rights of the oppressed here. Sorry again for normalizing sexual exploitation and allowing it to become a "meme" here since this the topic I'm interested in, in my own life I have taken steps to defend proletarian feminism and the particular oppression of women in organizations.

my ideology screen is stalin owning the kulaks forever
Wasn't there a guy on here that went to Thailand or something for child sex trafficking? There's way bigger weirdos in LF than Sam Krids
lmao
Oh and thanks everyone for scaring off that strange vegan yogi who had just started posting, I came dangerously close to making a friend

swampman posted:

If someone is reading this post saying, "well for me or this other person I know, it IS a social life / mental health support group"

honestly in a weird way this place is partially those things to me. call me a loser if you want but my IRL networks are not very robust and I admire each one of you way more than half the people I'm forced to interact with in day to day life.

thirdplace posted:

whatever, the liberal lawyer in me keeps trying to say that in the grand scheme of things this wasn't really a big deal, it wasn't rape, it wasn't weinstein. but the human being thinks of what it would would actually look like in the flesh, or how deeply wrong and revolting it would feel to reach out and physically turn someone's head against their will to kiss them, to be slapped away over and over but keep trying to penetrate that boundary anyway. i'm gonna try and listen more to the latter.

i dont know what the law is like where you are but sam's behaviour, which he admitted, is sexual assault, and is most certainly a crime. not that the criminal law should automatically be the threshhold for moral culpability, but yknow, just saying.

ive said it before and I'll say it again, sexual assault must be grounds for expulsion from this site, i don't think i need to explain again why that is, but if the community here disagrees on this and wants sam's account to remain active for some reason, then on principle i will have to request deletion of my account, because fuck being around that.

Sam kriss is a poster without a forum. He wanders alone in the darkness, he scrabbles and scrapes within an all consuming night, lovecraftian scenescapes burble up from inside him, discharges seeking release, but in the void there is no release and he must choke the suppurating ideas back down inside him, hacking, wheezing, coughing, choking. sam Kriss, a poster of Content all his life, finds himself.. extremely offline.
i vote for petrol over deadken. there, my hat is now in the political ring.
I don’t think we need to mine this for comedy gold or whaveter

Petrol posted:

thirdplace posted:

whatever, the liberal lawyer in me keeps trying to say that in the grand scheme of things this wasn't really a big deal, it wasn't rape, it wasn't weinstein. but the human being thinks of what it would would actually look like in the flesh, or how deeply wrong and revolting it would feel to reach out and physically turn someone's head against their will to kiss them, to be slapped away over and over but keep trying to penetrate that boundary anyway. i'm gonna try and listen more to the latter.

i dont know what the law is like where you are but sam's behaviour, which he admitted, is sexual assault, and is most certainly a crime. not that the criminal law should automatically be the threshhold for moral culpability, but yknow, just saying.

not to get all lawyery, but what sk admitted to, in my state, would meet the elements of unlawful sexual contact, which is a misdemeanor and would result in, at most, two years in the county jail and require at minimum five years of registration as a sex offender. sexual assault is a felony and is defined as sexual intrusion or penetration, which would necessarily involve contact or penetration into a person's anal or genital opening and could potentially result in lifetime imprisonment and would require lifetime registration. most states have laws matching this distinction

federal law makes a similar distinction between abusive sexual contact and sexual abuse or aggravated sexual abuse. this doesnt come into play very often, because the act would have to be committed in a maritime or territorial jurisdiction or on someone held in federal custody

rape is even a whole nother thing, which, in old common law definition, would involve non-consensual penis-in-vagina sexual intercourse and did not apply to contact between spouses. most states do not use rape as a criminal charge, and if they do it almost always includes penetration involving a sexual organ. they also all drop the heinous exemption for spousal contact, which was totally fucked up to begin with (thanks england)

sorry, i guess i did get all lawyery but these are legal terms of art being tossed around and unfortunately my brain has been rewired to feel compelled to attempt to clarify these things

ilmdge posted:

There was a lot reminiscent of Weinstein in this account actually. I mean listen to that one recording where Weinstein is trying to get the Italian model into his hotel room and so much synchs up with this story: trying to get her to drink, not taking no for an answer, making promises that if she just comes to his place they don't actually have to have sex, admission of groping her breasts. Yowza

tbh from my experience with men and generally just complaining to other women about men, this behaviour isnt that uncommon, but we're in a weird moment of time where finally mainstream society is standing up against lecherous creeps to women whether its in the film industry, in the music industry, or what has been revealed today about the USA olympic gymnastics team or narcissist egotists that peddle their bougie thoughts as something radical via vice/twitter whatever other publications etc. what happens next to males that view females as just mere vessels to masturbate with and not as equal human beings is the next big thing. the #wokeapocalypse is upon us. but what the fuck is actually going to fucking happen. what exactly now going to happen to ole kriss? is he just gonna now use a pseudonym for vice even though they claim they arent going to publish him anymore? like they do with vice usa and serial women abusers that write for them there....

Hopefully the end of liberal 3rd wave sex positive feminism that has made "kink" mainstream and helped create a generation of young women believe that violence is actually good while youre fucking a mediocre man who has no respect for you as a person or your body will fucking die "because otherwise you are kink shaming" motto is fucking up so many young women and that sexual abusers/harassers get the penance they truly fucking deserve and fucking hold them accountable by their friends/family/society.

Edited by Cuntessa_Markievicz ()

babyhueypnewton posted:

That you hold fascist beliefs and have an extremely toxic effect on any community you participate in is true, I've also been here long enough to remember that. Whatever your personal motivations or if you are even aware of them are secondary, objectively that is the result of your existence.

this stuff isn't exactly helping you out here

babyhueypnewton posted:

By the way I feel bad for urbandale because he's a good communist but the PSL is absolutely right to treat social media and internet posting like any other form of communication which should be controlled in service to the party. He may not think that he actually had a chance to be reinstated but spilling party secrets here was wrong and deserving of expulsion. The alternative is toxic call out culture and opportunism masquerading as a check on the left (remember that deadken had no actual leftist practice and immersed himself in the same internet culture which is now consuming him), my only regret is that I didn't understand this in my youth as a structural problem and thought communities like this could be a place for honest discussion and merging the personal and political rather than tumblr subsuming the latter to the former (something that was also poorly understood at the time).

i didnt post here because i didnt think i had a chance to get reinstated, and i was expelled before i posted here. i initially posted more or less to mope in the real life thread, then i decided to elaborate on how exactly the inner culture of the party is toxic to actually organizing and will definitely end up getting other people shitcanned and isolated from the organization they built for years. you throwing my name next to deadkens is fucking absurd.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

let's all settle down please.

no death to male fucking violence
i disagree. no, death to male fucking violence

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

no death to male fucking violence

i agree with that?

sorry i have taken a sleeping tablet cause i cant sleep properly ever due to chronic insomnia that stems from men and their behaviour but yeah big question is what is gonna happen next

TG posted:

not to get all lawyery, but what sk admitted to, in my state, would meet the elements of unlawful sexual contact, which is a misdemeanor and would result in, at most, two years in the county jail and require at minimum five years of registration as a sex offender. sexual assault is a felony and is defined as sexual intrusion or penetration,

this is a jurisdictional thing then, in australia what he did would be indecent assault, a subcategory of sexual assault. in the UK im pretty sure it's just called sexual assault. but it's a crime however you slice it