someone will whisper in his ear that it's just a cointelpro smear for someone of distinction and appeal reaching such heights of popularity amongst the left. he will buy a framed original renaissance picture of icarus to hang in his parents' foyer to glance at sometimes while he sits at that one place on the staircase where all the hall mirrors line up in such a way that he can masturbate while staring intently at his own bald spot
It's time to come clean: when i was 16 at Model UN some young women invited me over to their hotel room and i slept over and I was pissed when one of them didn't want to make out with me late at night. All i did was whine about it though. I believe we were Austria at the time. Since i'm now on a track to be a leading figure in a future politburo I thought i would get this out now so everyone can discuss it and Austria and I can eprhaps issue a joint apology.
[account deactivated]
Yes, I served my time for it and found God in the can.
does this mean goldenliontamarin is carrying the torch for rhizzone alumni, even though he's still just poking into the fringe of the media world by getting published in the baffler?
[account deactivated]
Tpaine Gene simmons fan club

Petrol posted:

is that meant to make him look like a good guy to his readers, or salvage his relationships with said female writers, or what? whatever it is, fuck him

both but it's also happening this context (Katerji was one of the "Emma Quangel" dox'ers, incidentally). imo it's the least objectionable part of the apology outside the part where he didn't deny it and sort of apologized

thirdplace posted:

Petrol posted:

is that meant to make him look like a good guy to his readers, or salvage his relationships with said female writers, or what? whatever it is, fuck him

both but it's also happening this context (Katerji was one of the "Emma Quangel" dox'ers, incidentally). imo it's the least objectionable part of the apology outside the part where he didn't deny it and sort of apologized

it may be happening but him saying not to do it achieves precisely nothing besides making him look like he gives a shit about anyone besides himself

[account deactivated]
the vilerat thing is funny tho bc nobody innocent was hurt
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

uh vilerat probably contributed to the deaths of thousands of innocent people, dingus.

Nbody actually dies in EVE. The money isnt real either. So like why do they play it lol

[account deactivated]
imagine being so goony that a room full of gamers openly laughs at you
we've reached peak sam kriss
we haven't reached peak sam kriss

we won't have reached peak sam kriss in three months, when spiked hires him as a staff writer for one column a week about the witch hunting tendencies of the regressive left

we won't have reached peak sam kriss in a year, where he's touring Europe in the Haplobus with Milo, Nick Land and John Christy

we will reach peak sam kriss

when he moves into

the Beit Aghion

damn now im really glad i decided to go to my first day of work instead of doing coke with deadken in san francisco six years ago or whatever

aerdil posted:

damn now im really glad i decided to go to my first day of work instead of doing coke with deadken in san francisco six years ago or whatever

lol i was close to hanging out with him too when i was in the u.s.a. but didn't get around to it. good sh*t.

aerdil posted:

congrats on your Job

lets all promise never to hang out with each other ever, in case someone is public groper or masturbator (likely)
sam, if you're reading this. lol.
pewdiepie is now making fun of deadken
There's an awful lot of "another anti-gamergate male feminist turns out to be a rapist quelle surprise ho hee ho its about ethics in online death threats" takes crossing the socmeds at the moment, whats that about. I take pride in nobody understanding what the hell im talking about btw
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

what the hell are you talking about tho

there's a specific strain of miserable sexless creep who can't imagine any conceivable reason a man could possibly profess to feminist politics except to get laid, and so leaps at every public left figure who turns out to be a bastard. this demographic converges with Sam's previous writing making miserable sexless creeps extremely caremad by making fun of video games, so in this situation there's a critical mass of losers who feel like they have scored some kind of moral victory over the evil SJW conspiracy by staying in their basements being worthless and internet celebrities who make millions pandering to that specific mark lining up for free cred.

on the bright side, if sam ends up only being remembered as a games journalist it will be as punishing an own as everyone eulogizing vilerat as "the EVE guy"
If you have that little impulse control then maybe you should stay away from towing at the front of a political line that somehow falls in line with your creepy albeit highly intelligent droopy & depressing VICE on xanax view of the world. But hey if you're Endowed with the resources, wag your tongue in all the right ways, you too can make it. l m a o at how little has been done to irradicate class. Literally nothing. It takes an inescapable disguisting account of a woman being physically endagered to highlight somebody's incompetence and lack of qualification. The class part isn't enough. I applaud the turn towards transparency this kind of shit is taking. I'm just saying maybe have a Bigger Filter. And this is not about the rhizzone, this place is for morons like us and that's long been accounted for. If anything we should embrace deadken's return because nowhere but here and his daddy's wallet will he find any form of mercy of potential forgiveness or someshit. Anyway fuck rich peopple Peace
once again, parabolart is the voice of reason on these forums

Constantignoble posted:

i was just catching up on it in the other thread but i guess this is probably a better one for it

either way, holy shit; i was uncomfortable just reading it, couldn't imagine being in her shoes

he just posted a statement about the whole thing that starts off... about as well as these things can, i guess, but:

Today an allegation of sexual harassment and aggression was made against me, and I want to address it here. My behaviour was absolutely unacceptable, beneath both me and especially the person involved, and there’s no excuse for it. I’ve apologised privately to her, and I’m apologising, publicly, now.

I’d like for a moment to add some conext to the events described, which I hope will make them more explicable if not more excusable. By the time of the night described in the accusation, she and I had, as she mentions, previously met twice and we had an existing sexual relationship. The behaviour she describes was informed by that fact. I wasn’t fully aware of how unwelcome my advances were at that point: we had been messaging intimately and frequently up until then, and I went into the evening thinking it would be a continuation of the relationship we had already established. Had I known the extent to which I was making her uncomfortable at this point I would not have pursued it further. Again, this is entirely my fault, for not being properly attentive and not picking up on her signals. I crossed a line from persistence to aggression; I’m fully responsible, and I’m sorry.

After the incident, she continued to message me amicably for months, including suggesting that we might meet again, until other divisions became apparent. Because of this I had no idea that I might have hurt or upset her. If I had, I would have apologised immediately. Again, this is not to suggest that she misled me, but that I did not realise the impact of my actions.

Anyone who follows me closely will be aware that I am friends with many women with public platforms. I hope that the responsibility for my actions can stay with me alone, and that nobody else is made to feel as if they have to answer for me.

...that last paragraph is so fucking tone deaf that i'm not even sure how someone even mildly attuned to satire could have written it

edit: rereading it, i'm not feeling too good about that disclosure in the second graf, either

Edited by Constantignoble (yesterday 19:08:10)

this fucking sucks i hate this.

unmarked link to the "real life" thread, the one thread i had been avoiding clicking on ever since it was first created. now it looks like (to me, the only person that can see what threads i click) that i like real life. God fucking

parabolart posted:

I applaud the turn towards transparency this kind of shit is taking. I'm just saying maybe have a Bigger Filter.

I usually err on the side of healing and forgiveness in communities where reasonably possible because constantly ostracizing every single person who fucks up wastes the potential of people who do genuinely good work in a war of attrition we're already constantly losing, but that's a lot harder to do when the boy fails so miserably at properly apologizing and being accountable to his actions.

There's a judgement call that has to be made about whether someone's learning and genuinely trying to be better or if they have a terminal case of affluenza and are just doing damage control. But that part is not really for us to decide: that's under the discretion of the people that he's hurt. And with that in mind, considering the people who have been most affected by Sam's actions, we need to consider what message we send to the world at large about who is welcome here and who isn't. This is early days yet and we'll see how things go.

Of course the fucked up sidelines crew obsessed with "doxxing leftists For Our Own Good" aren't helpful in this situation, but they never are, they're not the core people driving this confrontation, and we shouldn't let compensating for their shittiness distort our own decision making.

once again, shriekingviolet is the voice of reason on these forums
oops, sorry, once again, piss is the voice of reason on these forums
Remember the old libertarian D&D poster Voice of Reason in the early 2000s... good shit

shriekingviolet posted:

considering the people who have been most affected by Sam's actions, we need to consider what message we send to the world at large about who is welcome here and who isn't.

imo sexual assault requires exclusion from the community for the safety and wellbeing of all members current and future, especially in a case like this where the offence has been admitted and played down as a misunderstanding. if people like that are welcome here i will leave without a second thought

Petrol posted:

especially in a case like this where the offence has been admitted and played down as a misunderstanding.

yuuuuuup that shit is unacceptable and a reliable indicator that it'll happen again if given half a chance. i really wish i wasn't so familiar with this shitty dance. it's irresponsible and dangerous to keep people like that around under the banner of inclusion because they will keep hurting people and keep getting away with it, it goes on for so long people can't even challenge it anymore and have to either just leave or become complicit.

https://rhizzone.net/forum/search/?action=search&keywords=sexhaving&author=deadken&forum=0&search_in=all&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&show_as=posts&search=Submit

cool