If anyone knows anyone in RI please PM me

Edit: regarding stegs post on the previous page regarding revolutionary initiative

stegosaurus posted:

they dont seem crazy or infiltrated really. unless the apl branch in the city is also in on it

These issues with Forbes in Austin took place over a year ago. Forbes was already unwelcome in Maoist controlled spaces, but others still welcomed her, and we left that as it was. From this point on, now that it is clear that Forbes has been accused of grievous patriarchal crimes against the people, anyone working with, giving a platform to, breaking bread with, or associating with Forbes publicly in left or activist spaces in Austin will be seen as harboring a rapist. If Forbes shows her face anywhere she will be confronted as others before her have been. While we do not seek collateral damage, we are not surgeons and will not be held back. Standing or walking with Forbes should be understood as a dangerous activity.

Forbes is a violent premeditated rapist, a revisionist, a scam artist, and a gentrifier. PSL and its affiliated projects are hereby put on notice: you can either isolate Forbes by sharing a public statement that she is not allowed in your spaces, or stand by Forbes and attempt to protect this rapist scum at your own risk. To Forbes herself: you chose the wrong city to move to. We are not like the police who will let abusers off the hook so easily. Go ask Steven Walters or Carlos Salamanca, go look into the case of the now deceased Richard Morrisett. The people’s justice will see to it that Forbes either hides in fear or submits to a people’s court verdict.

I don't think they're crazy, though they act like it. I think they're just sad with this posturing and fantasy world they live in where they can impose "people's justice" for "breaking bread." Objectively though, this is indistinguishable from what the state would do, since a heavily armed movement (at least, according to their blog) attempting to impose justice without any mass support is how we get shit like the Asama-Sansō incident or Patty Hearst which hurts us all. Not sure what to do about it though except hope they don't decide to shoot up a PSL meeting. And sad people playing pretend are more dangerous than true crazy zealots as the repeated massacres by incels over the last few years have shown.

thats macho shit and wildly separated from their actual capabilities but it doesn't indicate mental illness or infiltration. that incel comment is pretty vile
yall know i have feelings about the psl but literally flipping a table at a meeting, claiming theyre supporting a rapist (who not only isnt in attendance but isnt in the org at all) is straight fucked. i dont snitchjacket, but its either clique delusion on a national scale or some cointelpro pig stoking the flames and the org flying off the handle. unfortunately, its very hard to know which, since the founder of RGA posts heavensgate memes and suicidal ideation constantly. this is also hardly a problem limited to austin, we're seeing it in charlotte too.
basically

JohnBeige posted:

unfortunately, its very hard to know which, since the founder of RGA posts heavensgate memes and suicidal ideation constantly. this is also hardly a problem limited to austin, we're seeing it in charlotte too.

love that communist social media

just a lil tip to psl: write less like you're on twitter, but also less "try-hardish"
this whole scene is revolting and not in the good way

Petrol posted:

this whole scene is revolting and not in the good way

im feeling very close to burnout cause i literally hate everyone else rn

the most embarrassing take ive seen by this one person on fb to defend their idiot takes and behavior online is that the irl/url distinction is fake and Capitalist and its just transparently self-serving defense but you know what. theyre right for thew wrong reasons, at some point im gonna have to see these people in real life. l aready do. im so upset.
*meme of the guy tapping his temple and smirking at u* Cant run into fb people irl if you dont have a fb

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

RGA wrote a response to the PSL thing
https://redguardsaustin.wordpress.com/2018/05/17/anti-revisionism-is-confirmed-in-action/
The PSL member who wrote that initial response probably should have followed the party center when they decided not to officially publish anything on the issue, instead of being individualist and posting it on a third-party pastebin equivalent and not informing the reader that it was not actually an official PSL statement. That act has led to an increase in tension between the two orgs, just like many affiliated and unaffiliated with PSL told the Texas comrades it would. There used to be a line commonly said, something like 'dont get in a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel.' Today its easier to distract an org than ever before, especially if youre willing to write tens of thousands of words on a blog.

Hats off to the APL, who despite their issues with the rapist in question, didnt allow that to color their own investigation.
oh damn, I was wondering why it wasn't on the PSL website. makes much more sense.
anyone reading about the current wwp stuff?

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

Don't just make a post like this. Post the volatile, unverified gossip you've heard first, to "prime the chamber" of the discussion. Thanks friend

swampman posted:

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

Don't just make a post like this. Post the volatile, unverified gossip you've heard first, to "prime the chamber" of the discussion. Thanks friend

The Detroit WWP split off from the New York and North Carolina branches when the Detroit branch was trying to spark initiatives to make WWP have "direction and function" (some of which involved involvement with reformist efforts, e.g. the Poor People's Campaign).

Fucking Imgur

"There is a dire need for a Leninist party in the U.S., and we will continue to endeavor to build one on a nonsectarian basis with whatever tendencies and forces will engage with us. We do not perceive charting our own path from WWP as fracturing the left; it is undialectical to assume new formations will not develop in a period such as this.

More information and analysis of why we came to this important decision will be provided in the weeks and months to come. It is imperative as dialectical-materialists to analyze and learn from our history"d in the weeks and months to come. It is imperative as dialectical-materialists to analyze and learn from our history."

This part is nice but "Leninist" and "non-sectarian" don't really belong together I guess.

Edited by Bukku_Man ()

x

Edited by graphicalUSSRinterface ()

what is the intended meaning behind the implication that WWP lacks “direction and function”, because even if you disagree with either as currently expressed, that claim seems absurd & also doesn’t appear to reflect what Detroit wrote
typical org experience

me: uh i have some concerns about this
the communist: *2 hours of smug marxplaining about why actually im a fucking idiot followed by a request for money*
x

me: im looking for some book recomendations
the communist: have you read waht is to be done?
me: yes
the communist: well read it again

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

cars posted:

what is the intended meaning behind the implication that WWP lacks “direction and function”, because even if you disagree with either as currently expressed, that claim seems absurd & also doesn’t appear to reflect what Detroit wrote

this is a real problem that the party has been attempting to address internally for the past year, not just detroit making shit up. i can't say more than that

I didn’t say Detroit was making shit up, and said the exact opposite seemed likely. What seems absurd to me is suggesting they were by putting that implication in their mouths.

cars posted:

I didn’t say Detroit was making shit up, and said the exact opposite seemed likely. What seems absurd to me is suggesting they were by putting that implication in their mouths.

Sorry I misread your post haha

No problem. Best of luck to Workers World Party and to mewymew, who forgot her password.
Mods please relocate this discussion to the marcyite split monitoring sub forum, located below the pdf forum.
gonna reformulate this joke when i am less emotionally involved with "org politics", which fucking suck!

Edited by tears ()

Looks like LF destroys another party. dontreadsettlers.org
not feeling the usual schadenfreude on this one because I actually have respect for the WWP, hope things turn out ok :/

cars posted:

I needed to put "direction and function" in quotes, I'm not personally sure what it means either. I live in MI and that's the most specific gist of the upset that I can actually gather from friends and such.

I can't talk much about this cuz of the same social media policy but Detroit's resignation letter should be hilarious to everyone thats been following the internal state of the ICC, and deciding to trigger the split and back a predator in Baltimore expelled for 12 different accusations of rape and sexual assault would be even more hilarious if it wasnt so disgusting.

It could be mentioned that the whole branch didn't split, though atm we dunno how many did because they didnt bother to sign their own resignation letter.

JohnBeige posted:

deciding to trigger the split and back a predator in Baltimore expelled for 12 accusations of rape and sexual assault against them is even more hilarious and tonedeaf.

It could be mentioned that the whole branch didn't split, though atm we dunno how many did because they didnt bother to sign their own resignation letter.

ok there we go, now I'm laughin again, Thank You

sounds like they did you a favor graciously stepping out of the way before they do something even more embarrassing

JohnBeige posted:

and back a predator in Baltimore expelled for 12 different accusations of rape and sexual assault

every. damn. time.

shriekingviolet posted:

JohnBeige posted:

deciding to trigger the split and back a predator in Baltimore expelled for 12 accusations of rape and sexual assault against them is even more hilarious and tonedeaf.

ok there we go, now I'm laughin again, Thank You

sounds like they did you a favor graciously stepping out of the way before they do something even more embarrassing

personally im of the opinion that this detroit shit should have been handled with expulsion when it came up the first time in 92. we're paying for it now.

tbh tho the detroit shit is merely theater, the baltimore shit has been far more damaging

x

sorry johnbeige i really dont agree :/
x

perhaps we should take this discussion to another place. pm me if u wanna chat
X

Edited by JohnBeige ()

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

even within the party there is a lot of confusion on the baltimore situation and id say thats not the main reason why they split

edit: detroit was on the verge of doing this anyway and they saw the baltimore thing as an opportunity

Id agree with this. Their main political position is opportunism imo. That's why they refused to add white supremacy to their conference despite the ICC vote commanding them to.