this is a Good Article about the Trump Phenomenon

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224?page=9

In any case, Trump says he'll call Detroit carmakers into his office and lay down an ultimatum: Either move the jobs back to America, or eat a 35 percent tax on every car imported back into the U.S. over the Mexican border.

"I'm a free-trader," he says, "but you can only be a free-trader when something's fair."

It's stuff like this that has conservative pundits from places like the National Review bent out of shape. Where, they ask, is the M-F'ing love? What about those conservative principles we've spent decades telling you flyover-country hicks you're supposed to have?

"Trump has also promised to use tariffs to punish companies," wrote David McIntosh in the Review's much-publicized, but not-effective-at-all "Conservatives Against Trump" 22-pundit jihad. "These are not the ideas of a small-government conservative ... They are, instead, the ramblings of a liberal wanna-be strongman."

What these tweedy Buckleyites at places like the Review don't get is that most people don't give a damn about "conservative principles." Yes, millions of people responded to that rhetoric for years. But that wasn't because of the principle itself, but because it was always coupled with the more effective politics of resentment: Big-government liberals are to blame for your problems.

Elections, like criminal trials, are ultimately always about assigning blame. For a generation, conservative intellectuals have successfully pointed the finger at big-government-loving, whale-hugging liberals as the culprits behind American decline.

But the fact that lots of voters hated the Clintons, Sean Penn, the Dixie Chicks and whomever else, did not, ever, mean that they believed in the principle of Detroit carmakers being able to costlessly move American jobs overseas by the thousands.
The Trump Phenomenon:
Americans are stupid and nazis.
The End.
It's extremely important that Donald Trump wins because us Americans will have to deal with the reality of how awful, disgusting, lazy, shitty, and vile we are and maybe we will change, or maybe more people who need to die will die and we'll change later.

Trump heals all wounds, and plies all disease.

tsinava posted:

It's extremely important that Donald Trump wins because us Americans will have to deal with the reality of how awful, disgusting, lazy, shitty, and vile we are and maybe we will change, or maybe more people who need to die will die and we'll change later.

Americans won't have to deal with the reality of how awful, disgusting, lazy, shitty, and vile they are, the rest of the world will have to. Americans will gleefully continue to slaughter people at home and abroad with no consequences as usual. They won't spontaneously "wake up" from the ugly reality of getting their heart's truest black desire.

please don't crush my dreams of fire, suffering, and death.

i want it to happen here.

not over there.

soicowboy posted:

theres no need to worry about a trump presidency because the electoral college will stop him. praise our forefathers.

you're wrong. the GOP wants to beat hillary and theyll take what they can get. prepare yourself for President Trump.

the thing is that white ppl in america aren';t just racist. all the republican candidates are racist. that doesnt mean anything. they all profess to hate Illegals and mohammedans. only trump speaks of class antagonisms OP.

shriekingviolet posted:

tsinava posted:

Americans won't have to deal with the reality of how awful, disgusting, lazy, shitty, and vile they are, the rest of the world will have to. Americans will gleefully continue to slaughter people at home and abroad with no consequences as usual. They won't spontaneously "wake up" from the ugly reality of getting their heart's truest black desire.

Yeah if this was true we would have dealt with "the reality of how awful, disgusting, lazy, shitty, and vile" we are like, at literally any point during the last 50 years

[account deactivated]
Have you ever met one of those lovely older couples, full of warmth for each other, perfectly content to just talk about the same things (the weather, the garden) every day? Some day we will be like that, but chattering happily about Stalin and how much we hate ourselves and want to die.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Say What? Trump Won Among Hispanic Republicans In Nevada

Donald Trump won a whopping 44 percent of Hispanic voters in the Republican Party's Nevada Caucus Tuesday night, a surprising share for a man who has made his campaign about building a great big border wall and deporting millions of immigrants living in the country illegally.

According to an entrance poll chart from ABC News, Trump did better among Latino voters than Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) combined.

44 percent of the roughly 5-6000 latinos that went to the nevada republican caucus. it's less meaningful than an internet poll

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224?page=9

article falls off a cliff as soon as it says "The problem, of course, is that Trump is crazy." towards the end. taibbi just spent a whole article detailing why establishment conservatives and elite media havnt been able to do a thing to halt his popularity because:

1. theyre all corporate puppets who cant speak for themselves
2. media cant help covering a sideshow and themselves come off as elitist

and trumps the 'crazy' one? i can't really put my finger on it but the whole 'hey media and politicians are beholden to corporate interests and trump is actually speaking to people........ but actually trumps the crazy one' comes off as so empty.

For several hundred years now humanity has continued to visit destruction on communal systems rather than allow them to thrive. It probably has to do with how sociopaths rise to the top of in leadership hierarchies.
please dont c/p star slate codex here
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431858/donald-trump-2016-campaign-must-be-stopped

conservative anti-trump pieces are cool schadenfreude.
."That thrill that his acolytes would feel when they saw Trump named the winner of the primaries? It’d be gone in a matter of minutes."

yeah im sure trump supporters would hate to see him going up against hillary while elite establishment liberal media like NYT goes apoplectic.

Say What? Trump Won Among Hispanic Republicans In Nevada

Donald Trump won a whopping 44 percent of Hispanic voters in the Republican Party's Nevada Caucus Tuesday night, a surprising share for a man who has made his campaign about building a great big border wall and deporting millions of immigrants living in the country illegally.

but theres a longstanding bias left and right chican@s have against new immigrants, especially undocumented. even the ufw, but more specifically chavez and huerta, campaigned explicitly against new incoming labor and several floated amnesty plans. la raza unida came into being explicitly against this position.

Edited by Urbandale ()

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431858/donald-trump-2016-campaign-must-be-stoppedconservative anti-trump pieces are cool schadenfreude.

i absolutely love these

republican and establishment elites, completely panic stricken as they realize the right wing base actually doesnt care what they say at all, double down by getting on hands and knees and pathetically begging

lmao when you move your mouse off that national review page, it says "wait - don't go - get the trump issue, free!"

swampman posted:

lmao when you move your mouse off that national review page, it says "wait - don't go - get the trump issue, free!"

2FZNPxmTB4o

This white guy with a combover found one weird trick to get elected to the presidency! Caudillo theorists hate him!

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

article falls off a cliff as soon as it says "The problem, of course, is that Trump is crazy." towards the end. taibbi just spent a whole article detailing why establishment conservatives and elite media havnt been able to do a thing to halt his popularity because:

1. theyre all corporate puppets who cant speak for themselves
2. media cant help covering a sideshow and themselves come off as elitist

and trumps the 'crazy' one? i can't really put my finger on it but the whole 'hey media and politicians are beholden to corporate interests and trump is actually speaking to people........ but actually trumps the crazy one' comes off as so empty.

this is a much better article and imo the last word on the phenomenon: http://www.cafe.com/the-digs-friends-against-trump/

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
The Saurus posted:

Today I had the first interview I've had for a while despite applying for jobs constantly over the past few weeks.

I find SO MANY jobs that are perfect for me, they match up almost entirely with my resume and my chosen career path but then there's that little thing at the bottom:

"Must speak Spanish."
"Must be fluent in English and Spanish."
"Must be fluent in Spanish"

These aren't translator positions, these are ordinary jobs. Office jobs, bookkeeping, pharmacy technician positions, whatever.

Fuck Mexicans, Fuck Them. Too fucking lazy and arrogant to learn the language of the country they came to live in. Either learn english, or move to a country where spanish is the majority language - because right now the amount of privilege spanish-speakers have in the job market is fucking unreal.
i can't compete in the market because i'm unskilled, damn mexicans
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
A large chican@ man was watching the whole thing "NO YOU LEAVE OCCUPPIED AZTLAN KKKRACKER"

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

A large chican@ man was watching the whole thing "NO YOU LEAVE OCCUPPIED AZTLAN KKKRACKER"

i saw what you did, says the chicano man, and now you're gonna get what's coming to you.

tpaine posted:

you said "maybe if shit gets bad enough we will finally change"

ummmmmm

tpaine posted:

and another pony was like "well if that were the case it would have already changed at some point in recent history

errrrrr

tpaine posted:

what is even real anymore

*nods sagely*

Trump is going to win and get real cozy with Putin and then Russia and America are going to go to war with China and then i'm going to burn the manuscript for my alt history graphic novel/coloring book because it came to life.
the Trumpenproletariat
this objective success of a meltdown thread proved me completely wrong
trump is the president this country deserves tbh
remind me, is Public Policy Polling the one that's the insane arm of some liberal blog
gawker has the top google news result for a story on that poll so i went there to try to read it. gawker stories are usually smug and credulous but the gawker comments are so odd/dumb that it's hard to tell how the people reading the story found their way there in the first place even with google. someone posted a massive pro-hillary result from that poll and cracked that it has to be inaccurate, which is fine. but then the top-rated reply to that post is someone explaining that it has to be inaccurate because no one likes hillary clinton, ha ha. everyone on gawker voted for that, the comment that just restates the tepid joke from the previous comment but explains it at a preschool level. this from a Web site run in part by tom scocca.
Ya there are two comment sections I read to get an accurate assessment of the political views of over-30 americans, gawker and slashdot
http://it.slashdot.org/story/16/02/25/1834212/isis-makes-direct-threats-against-mark-zuckerberg-and-jack-dorsey

Gandhi's struggle would have turned out very, very differently had he been dealing with Hitler or Stalin or Mao instead of the British Empire. His methods only work against an adversary who has at least SOME heart or nobility you can leverage and exploit.

But with slashdot you have a lot of technical experts that can provide good science when its needed. But they are not as average modern progressive American than the Gawker commenters, who dont have the attention span to be considered "literate" in the fullest sense

cars posted:

remind me, is Public Policy Polling the one that's the insane arm of some liberal blog

no iirc