Petrol posted:

Urbandale posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Hey Redmaistre, I recently used Pashukanis to talk about the 1948 North Korean constitution, but I know nothing about Marxist and/or Soviet legal theory. I also used J.J. Lecercle to talk about the linguistic aspects of constitutional law. Also know little about linguistics. So your post is pretty cool. Is there anybody I should read? Constitutional law is what I'm focusing on but anything would be sweet. Only other dude I know is that Sci Fi author in the SWP and I think I'll pass. Or if you just have any ideas I can talk about my research without getting arrested.

his book is p good imo. talks about soviet legal theory a bit but i dont have the background to follow 100% and has a critique of CRT.

*cough*

The secret PDF forum...It's real! It's real!

Urbandale posted:

link broke you NERD

the only thing broke around here is your posting button, and also me personally, because i had to take a bunch of sick days this fortnight and didnt have enough sick leave to cover it. anyway, the link works unless libgen is blocked by your ISP or something. try this instead http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/b06hGpl2/file.html

i just got done listening to grover furr own trotsky for an hour. he passed by me on the way to begin speaking and grandfatherly placed his hand on my shoulder as he stopped to ask someone if he was going to be introduced or should he just start talking or what. he obviously needed no introduction

deadken posted:

stalin's linguistics are interesting in that they often mirror the mystic materialism in adorno's 'theses on the language of philosophers'. the idea that language is an epiphenomenon of class war if i think unfairly tained as 'vulgar' - see, for instance, the accent theory of voloshinov (who may or many not have been the same person as bakhtin) - the sign contains the possibility of an almost infinite heterogeneity, but its determinate signified(s) is formed according to the materiality of class antagonism

The infinite heterogeneity of the sign remains irreducible to its individual appropriation by the struggling social blocs--and necessarily so, since if they lack any shared signs or grammars, they would not be even be able to curse each other. Humans can only articulate their warrings as antagonisms in the first place because they always already share a world of shared meanings, made manifest in language, which allows them to recognize each other as connected as friends or foes. Even the bitterest of civil wars retain references to the persistence of relation, or at least the memory of relation.

The....mistake of these comrades is that they conceive the opposition of interests of the bourgeoisie and the proletariat, the fierce class struggle between them, as meaning the disintegration of society, as a break of all ties between the hostile classes. They believe that, since society has disintegrated and there is no longer a single society, but only classes, a single language of society, a national language, is unnecessary. If society has disintegrated and there is no longer a language common to the whole people, a national language, what remains? There remain classes and "class languages." Naturally, every "class language" will have its "class" grammar -- a "proletarian" grammar or a "bourgeois" grammar. True, such grammars do not exist anywhere. But that does not worry these comrades: they believe that such grammars will appear in due course.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

Bakhtin and vološinov were certainly different people. Ppl speculate that bakhtin ghost-wrote Marxism and the philosophy of language on vološinov's behalf because v was incapable of writing something so cool. Yet bakhtin never sounded like anything but a liberal weenie in anything he wrote under his own name

Petrol posted:

Urbandale posted:

link broke you NERD

the only thing broke around here is your posting button, and also me personally, because i had to take a bunch of sick days this fortnight and didnt have enough sick leave to cover it. anyway, the link works unless libgen is blocked by your ISP or something. try this instead http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/b06hGpl2/file.html

i ahven't been able to get on it for a couple days fwiw, i feared the worst

Petrol posted:

Urbandale posted:

link broke you NERD

added it here, hope you dont mind

maybe my internet is shit, doubleposting all over the place
speaking of soviet scientists is vygotsky amazing or what

Themselves posted:

pre congrats to henry krinkles twitter account for getting mississippi's state flag changed, as well as having cool house beats to listen to

yeah, THANKS Henry. now i have to buy all new flags

Urbandale posted:

added it here, hope you dont mind

of course not.

chickeon posted:

i ahven't been able to get on it for a couple days fwiw, i feared the worst

They are having some issues at the moment and a couple of domains are down https://torrentfreak.com/libgen-goes-down-as-legal-pressure-mounts-150622/

The domains libgen.in and libgen.org are probably gone for good, libgen.biz is the main mirror at the moment but is having intermittent downtime probably while they fix stuff. gen.lib.rus.ec is fine but may not be accessible in the US and is search only, files not hosted there. bookzz.org looks to be working okay as well as bookfi.org but I think they're both subject to DMCA takedowns to some degree or other. Long story short libgen isn't dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to be clear i had nothing to do w/ the confederate flag being taken down, but i did cause the GOP candidates to give back money from that CCC guy.
actually you, henry 'henners' q. kringle, are responsible for sherman's march to the sea and the rape of noble dixie. for shame
grover said to tell you that mccaine is gay and knows nothing of history. then he blew his nose into a pink bandana. cheers
some people say that the confederate flag is about treason, racism and stupidity and some people say that it's about southern heritage and nobody points out that these aren't contradictory claims
lol at those dumb southerners. *nypd cops choke guy to death* haha they've still got the confederate flag up. *prisons overflow in california* fucking bigots.
2 quoque 2 furious
fbi liberty headquarters
my cultural heritage of being manipulated into violent self-defeating idiocy by the aristocracy

getfiscal posted:

lol at those dumb southerners. *nypd cops choke guy to death* haha they've still got the confederate flag up. *prisons overflow in california* fucking bigots.

When I was in college 1 professor told us that we weren't racist because we were in college, people are racist in the south. She was a white South African rofl. That was a journalism class I took for fun.

getfiscal posted:

combat regionalism

Seen this posted on Facebook by lots of people i know from high school... really makes you think (that drinking bleach might not be so bad, that is)
Both of those things do suck, don't see the issue.
so we made a thoroughfare for freedom and her train
fifty miles in latitude, 300 from the main
treason fled before us, resistance was in vain
while we were marching thru Iraq

getfiscal posted:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/S-F-study-finds-big-disparity-in-arrest-rates-6343155.php

" study found that black people are 7.1 times more likely to be arrested in San Francisco than white people, 11 times more likely to be booked into jail and 10.3 times more likely to be convicted. Those convicted spend more time on probation or behind bars.. . . Though black people represented just 6 percent of the city’s adult population, they made up 40 percent of those arrested."

it's almost as if inequalities in capitalism are more to blame for institutional racism than a lack of liberal values

HenryKrinkle posted:

.custom283548{}getfiscal posted:lol at those dumb southerners. *nypd cops choke guy to death* haha they've still got the confederate flag up. *prisons overflow in california* fucking bigots.combat regionalism

white big city liberals bashing the south is the most annoying and pathetic thing

SkuzApo posted:

Seen this posted on Facebook by lots of people i know from high school... really makes you think (that drinking bleach might not be so bad, that is)
IMG-peanuts

i thought the guy on the left was just dirty in the comics.

getfiscal posted:

there are guys (such as Gavin "Know The 14 Words" McInnes) saying MAYBE WE SHOULD BRING DOWN THE UNION JACK AND US FLAG TOO??? ... I like where this is going

UGK said it best back in 07: quit hatin the south
Is it the south that is bad, or the north? No need to fight boys--all of the america is worst. Fuck to it.
why do white supremacists surround themselves in the symbols of losers? south africa, rhodesia, confederacy, nazis

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

why do white supremacists surround themselves in the symbols of losers? south africa, rhodesia, confederacy, nazis

because posing as victims/underdogs is an extremely good recruitment tool for their demographic. also because you touch yourself at night.

it feeds their persecution complex

unlike the soviet union, which was militarily defeated by such formidable land powers as poland, finland, afghanistan, and the khrushchevite revisionist cabal

because those places were white supremacist

most white supremacists surround themselves with the symbols of the united states of america, which i'm sure we all agree is a very successful country

deadken posted:

unlike the soviet union, which was militarily defeated by such formidable land powers as poland, finland, afghanistan, and the khrushchevite revisionist cabal

because they had all those wizards with magic wands helping them out

Appearlikeicus Imperialismus! *buffs the fuck out some afghans*
while we're on the topic, the difference between a writer for VICE and extremely famous Racist nationalist p. j. o'rourke is that when p. j. o' rourke wandered among the peshawar seven he acknowledged that america created them and expressed superficial guilt at his complicity in their past and future crimes