these fucking pigs dont live in this city and dont give the faintest shit what happens to it. its just a big paint ball course for them. they have zero incentive to prevent any of the destruction and it wouldnt shock me in the least if they're responsible for almost all of it, if not directly then through all the usual techniques for instigation and provocation.
some people who i'm sure were just bullshitting suggested driving out to the suburbs and burning all their shit instead. wouldnt that be something
If I were a billionaire I would bus rioters to rich neighborhoods.
local independent community radio knocking it out of the park w a reggae/ska set in which every song is about rising up, revolution, fighting the police, & how cops are killers
my wife this morning trying to explain to our toddler why the police cars on tv are burning and daddy is laughing that they all have 'ACAB' sprayed on the hood

babyhueypnewton posted:

I had qualifying exams the last 4 days with a weekend break, your supposed to answer two questions in 5 hours each day.

*You're

User fails qualifying exams and is sent back to the posting mines

thinking of getting a haircut, lots to think about

The event was labeled as counterrevolutionary immediately after its occurrence by the Communist Party's Central Committee and served as a gateway to the dismissal and house arrest of then–Vice Premier Deng Xiaoping, who was accused of planning the event, while he insisted that he came to Tiananmen Square only for a haircut. The Central Committee's decision on the event was reversed after the Cultural Revolution ended, as it would later be officially hailed as a display of patriotism.

returning to work has destroyed my finely-tuned routine of not being at work
fuck the world

ilmdge posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

I had qualifying exams the last 4 days with a weekend break, your supposed to answer two questions in 5 hours each day.

*You're

User fails qualifying exams and is sent back to the posting mines

oops, to be fair I don't give a shit about my exams, all I really care about is a paper I wrote about Settlers finally coming out. I'm trying to figure out a way to post it here without getting doxxed.

[account deactivated]
You ask an admin, and I in turn would ask that unless there is a pressing security concern, in the interest of Forums History people not render old threads incomprehensible by having their posts and account sent to the shadow realm. This forum still has not recovered from tpaine's self-immolation.
what are kewl things a kewl person could do in @|ber+a right now

88888 posted:

You ask an admin, and I in turn would ask that unless there is a pressing security concern, in the interest of Forums History people not render old threads incomprehensible by having their posts and account sent to the shadow realm. This forum still has not recovered from tpaine's self-immolation.

for real. is there any way to get those troop story and rick scott threads back?

icon posted:

what are kewl things a kewl person could do in @|ber+a right now

burritostan posted:

for real. is there any way to get those troop story and rick scott threads back?

yes

the cops cracked a local chiefs skull on the pavement over the most minor of traffic tickets, was on multiple videos, i dunno what i could be doing.

it was about a block from my home for many years. i had multiple interactions with cops there too. one time on the exact same street had a lady drive up and make a right hand red turn as i started crossing, actually grazing me. i lost my temper and just booted her car as hard as i could, put a bit of a dent on. i did not see the cop immediately behind us. the lady got out of her car and tried to shout at the cop to do something, he looked at me, said “you shouldn’t kick people’s cars” and left. you’ll never guess my skin colour
yeah a side effect of the shit going down in the states is that the media here are suddenly covering the usually ignored day to day brutalization of indigenous people, sort of. more than they were before at least.

everything is really tense and messed up right now, most of the indigenous lead and solidarity movements I'm in contact with are completely hunkered down because COVID will disproportionately impact their communities, and there's a huge emphasis on protecting elders from exposure to the virus because so much scarce remaining cultural knowledge risks being lost if they die suddenly. I'm not personally aware of any big actions planned, yet.

but the cops also just murdered a Mi'kmaq man in NB, and I expect a certain organization the RCMP likes to google are going to have some choice words to say about that. with the heightened visibility of all these recent murders and assaults I expect something has got to happen soon, it's just a question of what.

shriekingviolet posted:

yeah a side effect of the shit going down in the states is that the media here are suddenly covering the usually ignored day to day brutalization of indigenous people, sort of. more than they were before at least.

everything is really tense and messed up right now, most of the indigenous lead and solidarity movements I'm in contact with are completely hunkered down because COVID will disproportionately impact their communities, and there's a huge emphasis on protecting elders from exposure to the virus because so much scarce remaining cultural knowledge risks being lost if they die suddenly. I'm not personally aware of any big actions planned, yet.

but the cops also just murdered a Mi'kmaq man in NB, and I expect a certain organization the RCMP likes to google are going to have some choice words to say about that. with the heightened visibility of all these recent murders and assaults I expect something has got to happen soon, it's just a question of what.

alternatively, maybe there's shit being planned but I'm a bit of a has-been and no longer a priority to keep in the loop lol

[account deactivated]
rip, poster. sorry it took so long
rip
Fie! Fie I say
*pouring one out*
I'll miss .
rip.. i liked their posts

rip
damnit i dont even know who to mark off on my "agent provocateur" clipboard
[account deactivated]
I have been upvoted from beyond the grave by a ghost
sunburn