tpaine do you like detroit techno
http://youtu.be/tQzjZ18vLC0
It's going to be really unfortunate when your posts about bad music are preserved for thousands of years as an addendum to my seminal work on Hollywood.

tpaine posted:

this thread actually encourages me to post more music because people haven't heard of dexy's midnight runners or think that justin bieber is just as good, which means they desperately need my help

i'm jealous that someone gets to hear this for the first time, unquestionably the best song of the 80s.

what exactly makes this better than bieber because all i'm hearing is jaunty inoffensive pop with a slightly annoying violin hook, probably a bit more tolerable than bon jovi and a lot worse than new order

not exactly fair to describe something as ‘a lot worse than New Order’ because that applies to everything ever
new order were best when they were still trying to sound like joy division. better than joy division tbh, ian curtis held them back. troll lyf i don't give a fuck

tpaine posted:

this thread actually encourages me to post more music because people haven't heard of dexy's midnight runners or think that justin bieber is just as good, which means they desperately need my help

i'm jealous that someone gets to hear this for the first time, unquestionably the best song of the 80s.

Actually the best song of the 80s was the soviet anthem, the version performed in the 80s.

I love the gucci mane version of the soviet anthem dude. Haha

Enjoy
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

every single possible descriptive aspect of the music, including all possible criteria that you would consider subjective and objective, there's not a single way in which it isn't better, at least to someone with enough intelligence to not try and compare dexy's midnight runners and new order

this means literally nothing

*tpaine shoves a gross mouldy potato in ur face as you eat* can't you see its inherent superiority? can't you see how great this is by all possible criteria, subjective and objective?? i feel so jealous for you, seeing this for the first time. i live in a shack and this is my dinner
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

every single possible descriptive aspect of the music, including all possible criteria that you would consider subjective and objective, there's not a single way in which it isn't better, at least to someone with enough intelligence to not try and compare dexy's midnight runners and new order

this is basically fedora'd atheism language tpaine. what kind of idiot would compare two popular 80s new wave bands. what moron would dispute my objective fact. my iq is 185; i love dexys midnight runners; and i am euphoric, not because of any phony god's blessing, but because i am enlightened by my intelligence

tpaine posted:

i would think a guy who has been reduced to championing justin bieber would be embarrassed enough to quit taking part in a conversation that exactly two people give a shit about but i guess not

m8 i started by championing justin bieber, you have been reduced to desperately failing to come up with a single reason your Favourite Song Of All Time is any better than his music

[account deactivated]
sure as long as you've learned not to fuck with the belieber crew

Edited by deadken ()

effert post
[account deactivated]
What's really disappointing is that in such a promising atmosphere created by such an important topic, the two of you can't do anything more than senselessly bicker about pop music.

Lykourgos posted:

What's really disappointing is that in such a promising atmosphere created by such an important topic, the two of you can't do anything more than senselessly bicker about pop music.

a fitting metaphor for the decline of the civic ideals of antiquity

i like this one a lot, it has a touch of an avant-garde electronica sensibility, a sparse minimalist aesthetic, and some retro touches, but it manages to bring them into an accessible pop format, it's propulsive without being obnoxious, justin's voice is as soulful and as expressive as ever, it's a really great track
fuck off dead ken. also shut up tpaine.
chill out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhRNnG65ps

deadken posted:

new order were best when they were still trying to sound like joy division. better than joy division tbh, ian curtis held them back. troll lyf i don't give a fuck

i basically agree with this

[account deactivated]
this is the worst thread i have ever read
where are the tpaine posts of yesteryear?
totally love these music wars, these are great keep it comin
Let's get. Back to business, in this thread.

-oxtg_OWEsY
zg0KPlYYycY
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Why i upvote lykourgos
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

TG posted:

where are the tpaine posts of yesteryear?

should i just stop responding to terrible posters because then i would not be able to post here

you should go untie clarence from his basement and then leave so he can go back to posting funny things instead of terrible music youtubes

http://tindeck.com/listen/rznv