Lessons posted:

getfiscal posted:

hi alex how are you. you seem angry.

i'm doing really well but all the crazy lf people are banned and don't make any more crazy posts for me to yell at

that's good. also i think baby finland stopped posting here after that so no use getting worked up about it.

babby findlornd
lol thug lessons laying down the smackdown. I always conceive of posters as talking versions of their avatars, please get back your old Angela Davis av, and everyone should return to their most recognizable avs as well

babyhueypnewton posted:

lol thug lessons laying down the smackdown. I always conceive of posters as talking versions of their avatars, please get back your old Angela Davis av, and everyone should return to their most recognizable avs as well

Agreedo

What LF people got banned? Also someone go get me my avatar so I can put it on this site.

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
It's gross how you guys talk about poor people as these agency less pawns to be mobilized to perform for your Moses fantasies. And like you come up with these hateful messianic theories for them to consume. It's really weird. If got care about people just go help them and let them make up their own minds about whether they should start a civil war against the government. I know it's easy to say you're down for some ruckus when you're unemployed depressed and alone but most people have real concerns. Glenn beck and Marx and stuff are an entertainment for people, it doesn't represent support for revolutionary war.

yeah what people really want is condescending charity from a piece of shit like yourself, (not that you're willing to stoop so low as to actually give it), NOT political engagement as equals. you're not nearly as smart as you think you are

that's an idiotic word mishmash, i hope you realize that.

"I'm hungry, please engage me with politics as an equal, save me alex you're my only hope" - poor person.

the dumbest notion of left liberals (the kind who don't self define as liberals, fyi,i'm talkinbg about you, alex) is that politics are distinct for economy and both are somehow divorced from simple social interaction and welfare. i,e dumb shit for noobs.

baby finland never said he wishes to give condescending charity, that's the interpretation of a condescending asshole who thinks he holds the key to the salvation of others, like only if you elevate them to the degree of equals through 'political engagement' will they than be salvageable, what BF finland says is 'alleviate their material problems and they'll figure the rest out, they don't need you to make them better people they could just use your help in trying to overcome the limitations enforced upon them by an exploitative capitalist society'.

but no, BF isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Alex is. go ~team alex~

sounds like you misread their posts man
Lol what fuckin noob actually reads posts
looks like we got ourselves a 'reader' over here.
thats kind of how I read bf's post, I dont really understand why people objected to it aside from the tone. or did people think it was correct but that nobody had been arguing for the sort of thing he was objecting to, whatever.

jools posted:

sounds like you misread their posts man

not according to BF though?

Transient_Grace posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
It's gross how you guys talk about poor people as these agency less pawns to be mobilized to perform for your Moses fantasies. And like you come up with these hateful messianic theories for them to consume. It's really weird. If got care about people just go help them and let them make up their own minds about whether they should start a civil war against the government. I know it's easy to say you're down for some ruckus when you're unemployed depressed and alone but most people have real concerns. Glenn beck and Marx and stuff are an entertainment for people, it doesn't represent support for revolutionary war.

yeah what people really want is condescending charity from a piece of shit like yourself, (not that you're willing to stoop so low as to actually give it), NOT political engagement as equals. you're not nearly as smart as you think you are

that's an idiotic word mishmash, i hope you realize that.

"I'm hungry, please engage me with politics as an equal, save me alex you're my only hope" - poor person.

the dumbest notion of left liberals (the kind who don't self define as liberals, fyi,i'm talkinbg about you, alex) is that politics are distinct for economy and both are somehow divorced from simple social interaction and welfare. i,e dumb shit for noobs.

baby finland never said he wishes to give condescending charity, that's the interpretation of a condescending asshole who thinks he holds the key to the salvation of others, like only if you elevate them to the degree of equals through 'political engagement' will they than be salvageable, what BF finland says is 'alleviate their material problems and they'll figure the rest out, they don't need you to make them better people they could just use your help in trying to overcome the limitations enforced upon them by an exploitative capitalist society'.

but no, BF isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Alex is. go ~team alex~

yes exactly, he's advocating charity rather than political action and saying anyone who doesn't is narcissistic

what sort of self styled communist doesn't fucking realize that personal direct action on the immediate material level is inherently political.
charity is the opposite of giving people agency, people dependent upon handouts are the furthest from emancipated. plus, if you've ever spoken to someone who is in that position, it's very humiliating and degrading. i severely doubt a single person in the world would prefer receiving charity to engaging in political action.
once again, meaningless word mishmash, charity doesn't have to be condescending, it doesn't have to be in the form of repeated handouts and whatever. BF is saying why don't you participate in apparatus that already exist and try to help people and maybe try to modify their modus operandi rather than stating flat out that unless the politics are proper than the actual help provided is meaningless.

Transient_Grace posted:

what sort of self styled communist doesn't fucking realize that personal direct action on the immediate material level is inherently political.

dude, the problem isn't that 'personal action' isn't political enough, it's that he's demanding people approach their activism apolitically because otherwise you're apparently a classist with a messiah complex. it's the worst sort of smug cynicism.

Transient_Grace posted:

once again, meaningless word mishmash, charity doesn't have to be condescending, it doesn't have to be in the form of repeated handouts and whatever. BF is saying why don't you participate in apparatus that already exist and try to help people and maybe try to modify their modus operandi rather than stating flat out that unless the politics are proper than the actual help provided is meaningless.

oh yeah and i forget to mention the inherent support for the status quo, thx

beautiful little strawman you got there. but seriously
i think the basic advice of "join an existing organization" makes sense though. but then the idea about southern secession or whatever sounds sort of unrealistic to me.

unless it is a black republic:

what's the deal with spelling Africa with a 'k' anyway? that's how it's spelled in afrikaans and I didn't think that was the intended association

Transient_Grace posted:

i donate to kiva.org.

Your move.

swirlsofhistory posted:

what's the deal with spelling Africa with a 'k' anyway? that's how it's spelled in afrikaans and I didn't think that was the intended association

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/176640.html

Dont liston to that native dialect shit at the end tho

getfiscal posted:

i think the basic advice of "join an existing organization" makes sense though. but then the idea about southern secession or whatever sounds sort of unrealistic to me.

unless it is a black republic:

Why are they leaving out Florida.

MadMedico posted:

Why are they leaving out Florida.

reparations to cuba

have you thought about solidarity networks like SeaSol, discipline? Some of the stuff they do looks focused around supporting tenants with landlord issues and workers in local businesses with grievances. I think once you get help from them, you are expected to help out in other local struggles (mutual aid).

Edited by fanny_kaplan ()

AmericanNazbro posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

i donate to kiva.org.

Your move.

It's funny but it looks like some people here insist on thinking that charity equals monetary donations to certain organizations, I don't really recall seeing that written anywhere, not that donating money to these organizations is a bad thing, quite the opposite, however, Charity isn't the alpha and omega of political action and no one is pretending it is.

The entire distinction Im attempting to make is between 'actions that can be performed right here right now' to 'stuff that people just talk about and will spend their entire lives not actually doing anything meaningful about' - the concept of a grand revolutionary theology-ideology is not even negated by this distinction, like fuck, all i'm saying is 'pick somewhere to start and get your hands dirty', your ideology doesn't have to be perfect, any sensible notion of benevolent social revolution relies on the concept a stronger sense of community and mutual responsibility. Only One Way To Get The Ball Rolling.

that is, if you want to make the world a better place. personally i don't really care.

Edited by Transient_Grace ()

This whole argument is moot because Christianity is the dominant political ideology amongst the American poor anyway
Yes, someone is teaching charity is the "alpha and omega of political action": the Christ.
lol did tom stop posting

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

lol did tom stop posting

while you can stop tom from posting you can never stop us from tomposting.

[account deactivated]

Lykourgos posted:

I went to a fancy, sit down pizza hut with a spiral staircase in China once. By went I mean, I went inside the front door and walked outside the front door before going to somewhere worth eating.

it was the pizza hut in Hangzhou, wasn't it?

the pizza hut in shanghai has a spiral staircase as well iirc :shiftyeyes:
they probably all have spiral staircases tbh, but the only one I went into was in Hangzhou.
i went to suzhou, which is also a garden city. very pretty.
tom has gone underground and going forward will primarily express himself through communiques released to trusted zines and sandwich shops
[account deactivated]
these goons are dying like hotcakes

Agnus_Dei posted:

Yes, someone is teaching charity is the "alpha and omega of political action": the Christ.

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

[account deactivated]