libelous_slander posted:

So if i live in a swing the state, the answer is...?

to vote for whoever you want because the election was already decided months ago when it became clear the republicans couldn't find a candidate that had a chance of winning. not to mention the fact that modern elections are an empty ritual and whatever democratic content they have is massively overshadowed by the power that capital and the established order wield over the choice of candidates and the content of their platforms.

oh, and also the chances of your vote deciding the election even in a swing state are several orders of magnitude below that of dying in a car wreck on the way to the polls

No mod(erate)s no master(bater)s
swing capitalism
i posted this thread because i personally was toying with the idea of voting for obama and i wanted some decent arguments for not doing so. most likely i'll just stay away from the polls on election day (haven't even registered to vote from my new address yet).

romney isn't going to win and if he does win things will be worse but not by much. the only areas where obama is significantly better than romney is on domestic social issues... and those are mostly determined at the state level anyways. it's probably also true that a lot of the posturing romney is making about governing to the right of obama (if even possible) is just pandering to the tea party.
If you must vote, why not vote for the furthest left candidate for every position? It's irrational to think your vote matters on a national level in the American system anyway, but why not at least vote for candidates closer to your actual views?

"Strategic voting" is the result of cognitive dissonance.
romney is going to win. wrap it up.
im voting PSL, or possibly write-in candidate "Poop Fag"
poop fag is very strong on diaper issues
im voting for romney...

babyfinland posted:

1. Admit you are in a self-destructive relationship with the Democratic Party.

2. Remove conflicting bumper stickers from your collection. “Shut Down Guantanamo” and “Obama 2012” are mutually exclusive.

3. Understand that kill lists and more unjust war is the wrong kind of change to believe in.

4. Stop lying to yourself. The President is not sucking up to the most powerful interests in the world because he loves you.

5. Cut off all contact with Obama, Holder, Clinton and Pelosi. No more phone calls or writing letters. They are aware of what they are doing and they just don't care what you think.

6. Realize Obama is standing up and fighting. Unfortunately, he’s fighting Afghans, Pakistanis, Yeminis, Somalis…in your name.

7. No more excuses. The Republicans are not making Democrats increase domestic spying or deport record numbers of Latinos.

8. Get over your romantic feelings for Democrats and their supposed commitment to poor people. This election cycle, poverty is not on the agenda.

9. Make a list of all war crimes committed under Bush. Cross out “Bush” and write in Obama. Add support for indefinite detention without charge, expanded drone wars, and invasions of two more countries. It’s healthy to gag at it.

10. Come to grips with this: The only thing scarier than the Republican Party ( a party full of climate-change deniers, fundamentalist woman-haters and gay-bashers, election stealers and racists ) is a party who continually moves to the right to accommodate them and gets Americans to go along in that direction.

11. Forgive yourself for being taken in by promises that were not delivered, and for ignoring troubling signs, because you wanted to believe in change. But remember, insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

12. As a result of these steps, you can now carry the message to those who still suffer from an addiction to the Democratic Party. Nothing is as liberating as resisting an evil when you know it’s wrong.

The most pathetic thing about Obama and the Democrats was watching the part of the convention where they had a vote to change the platform in re Israel and instead of having a debate, they had a voice vote where in the very visibly ignored the huge number of people that were voting no and booing.

you should vote for obama because there is nothing like fox news the day after a democratic national victory
basically just vote democrat because you hate republicans.
Vote Romney if you hate Obamailures
i wish i could bring back bush jr. somehow... that dude... that dude........
george walker bush lives on in the hearts of everyone. every time you do a line or drive drunk or rely on your parents for financial support / to bail you out of another disadvantageous situation he is there in your heart.
i was really passionate about the crimes of the u.s.a. when i was 10 years old all because of the shrub. vote romney 2012. vote system of a down 2012.
i thought henry was being ironical :(
henry krinkle, half henry, half krinkle, total retard
you probably should vote for obama, tbqh. all of these people talking about Their Principles and decrying "utilitarian calculus" have already not only admitted their own social irrelevance, they also worship and seek to expand it. for the average, well-adjusted, successful person, an obama vote is perfectly acceptable.
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

you probably should vote for obama, tbqh. all of these people talking about Their Principles and decrying "utilitarian calculus" have already not only admitted their own social irrelevance, they also worship and seek to expand it. for the average, well-adjusted, successful person, an obama vote is perfectly acceptable.

how did you get out of ifap

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

1. Admit you are in a self-destructive relationship with the Democratic Party.

2. Remove conflicting bumper stickers from your collection. “Shut Down Guantanamo” and “Obama 2012” are mutually exclusive.

3. Understand that kill lists and more unjust war is the wrong kind of change to believe in.

4. Stop lying to yourself. The President is not sucking up to the most powerful interests in the world because he loves you.

5. Cut off all contact with Obama, Holder, Clinton and Pelosi. No more phone calls or writing letters. They are aware of what they are doing and they just don't care what you think.

6. Realize Obama is standing up and fighting. Unfortunately, he’s fighting Afghans, Pakistanis, Yeminis, Somalis…in your name.

7. No more excuses. The Republicans are not making Democrats increase domestic spying or deport record numbers of Latinos.

8. Get over your romantic feelings for Democrats and their supposed commitment to poor people. This election cycle, poverty is not on the agenda.

9. Make a list of all war crimes committed under Bush. Cross out “Bush” and write in Obama. Add support for indefinite detention without charge, expanded drone wars, and invasions of two more countries. It’s healthy to gag at it.

10. Come to grips with this: The only thing scarier than the Republican Party ( a party full of climate-change deniers, fundamentalist woman-haters and gay-bashers, election stealers and racists ) is a party who continually moves to the right to accommodate them and gets Americans to go along in that direction.

11. Forgive yourself for being taken in by promises that were not delivered, and for ignoring troubling signs, because you wanted to believe in change. But remember, insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

12. As a result of these steps, you can now carry the message to those who still suffer from an addiction to the Democratic Party. Nothing is as liberating as resisting an evil when you know it’s wrong.

very few times am I just blown away by something, bravo babbyfinland

also I am voting for Jeff Goldblum/Tauheed "2 Chainz" Epps 2012
when gurtlestein browses those sites which specifically fetishize the "barely legal" nature of 18-year-old girls his internal monologue must be something like "ahh yeah... all primed up and ready to vote in the US democratic elections... look at them juicy Cheeks" and then his wife interrupts
[account deactivated]
gorge bush want a baanana
to be honest i got really excited when obama got elected but only because hes black and i thought that was cool from a historical perspective. i didnt think he would be anything but an awful president / person as he has turned out to be hahahah
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i already said i had dismissed him wtf t paine where is my new avatar
i miss having a president we could call a monkey without everyone getting cheesed off
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
it;s a perpetual chimpout here at the rhizzone
a cool one
[account deactivated]
ya