[account deactivated]
im a fan of pop(ular) music, and would not deny the old accusation that pop music is a fetishization of music proper - but music is meaningless, maybe to be made a fetish is even it's highest achievement - the trance that is the tunnel to righteous murder is definitely musical.

but you people fetishize print media in a truly perverted way. normal people don't give a fuck about this kind of nonsense. get a life, get laid, go jump in a lake.
[account deactivated]
maybe you should work out your daddy issues elsewhere and come back once you have grown into an adult who is not bothered by imbeciles and sophists.
"That Used to Be Us". as I was reading tha linet I i was like, "There is no fucking way his new book is called that." but then a split second later "of course it is, of course it is". lmao. ole tommy boy you are some kinda creature...

sosie posted:
maybe you should work out your daddy issues elsewhere and come back once you have grown into an adult who is not bothered by imbeciles and sophists.

Woiw talk about rude. We're all just tryin' to have a little Fun here...

i'm posting in this obscure social theory internet forum to tell you how about how much you are shit for laughing at thomas friedman

suck. on. this.
[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:
"That Used to Be Us". as I was reading tha linet I i was like, "There is no fucking way his new book is called that." but then a split second later "of course it is, of course it is". lmao. ole tommy boy you are some kinda creature...

"hot flat and crowded"

what

"supplier of stability"

lmao

"The most important question every worker will have to ask himself or herself : Am I adding value by doing something unique and irreplaceable? Am I putting some extra chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry on top of whatever I do?"

the labor theory of value by tommy friedman age 5
*squirts "chocolate sauce" onto paper, signs it "Thomas Friedman"*

sosie posted:

[account deactivated]

mistersix posted:
"supplier of stability"

lmao

"The most important question every worker will have to ask himself or herself : Am I adding value by doing something unique and irreplaceable? Am I putting some extra chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry on top of whatever I do?"

the labor theory of value by tommy friedman age 5

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/opinion/sunday/friedman-a-progressive-in-the-age-of-austerity.html

Emanuel’s pride and joy is the new mandate that he and his schools chief, Jean-Claude Brizard, pushed through for next year to have the school day for Chicago’s 400,000 students extended by 90 minutes and the school year by about a week. The teachers’ union leadership has accepted that this will happen but wants more say on how to use the time — and more money. Parents are thrilled, but it will clearly require more talks with the union.

“We want to be a city where businesses want to come and are created and where parents want to raise their children,” says the mayor, sitting in his office. “You cannot get there on the shortest school day of any big city.”

In 2003, the mayor added, “Chicago teachers got a double-digit pay raise and a shortened school week. The result was that politicians did not get a teachers’ strike and teachers did get better pay. But can anyone tell me what the kids got? We are going to design a system where the kids get something.” Emanuel has also created a privately funded bonus pool for principals whose schools make exceptional progress.

It’s all part of one fabric, says the mayor: the better the schools and the safer the streets, the more people will flock to the city and the more businesses will want to locate here and create new jobs. But there is a long way to go.

Edited by dm ()

which is actually entirely consistent with "shareholder value" ideology. the principals are little CEOs!
in reality theyre trying to make the city look better by pushing poors out to the south/west suburbs so that the City Numbers can look even better in comparison to the 90s. things are improving, poverty and bad schools are pushed to other geographical locations!
why are longer school days a good thing? school sux

Emanuel’s pride and joy is the new mandate that he and his schools chief, Jean-Claude Brizard, pushed through for next year to have the school day for Chicago’s 400,000 students extended by 90 minutes and the school year by about a week.

"The soup is terrible, and the portions are too small!"

Cycloneboy posted:

Emanuel’s pride and joy is the new mandate that he and his schools chief, Jean-Claude Brizard, pushed through for next year to have the school day for Chicago’s 400,000 students extended by 90 minutes and the school year by about a week.

"The soup is terrible, and the portions are too small!"

dm posted:
which is actually entirely consistent with "shareholder value" ideology. the principals are little CEOs!

the kids are the products and the parents the customers then, i guess?

xipe posted:

dm posted:

the kids are the products and the parents the customers then, i guess?

no, the only reason he brings up the Parents is so that the unions can be between them and the Children, similar to the way they're always getting between the Producers and the Consumers