[account deactivated]
thirdplace posted something a long time ago about looking up the history of a county b4 and i thought what a great open source project that would be to do the digging into every county in the $naKKKes and have it available online

good site for diggin into the NorthWhite's past:

http://depts.washington.edu/civilr/

http://www.landgrant.org also has some good information about the thefts that occurred after the original theft
i just emailed them, the site is kinda wack so i offered to help with web stuff lol. i really like the scope of the project.
one thing that stimmied me was that I was going to explore a path through property title abstracts, which let you see the chain of property all the way back to when it was first homesteaded or granted under a formal system. not only is that a facinating thing to see in itself (for example, one thing that comes up a lot is old restrictive covenants, formally establishing the property as whites-only) but it would let you see what year it was taken which would help guide you further. i assumed abstracts were publicly available because property title/tax assessor/land records are (those are cool too, you can look up how much money your landlord is making off you!) but it turns out that for the most part the full abstracts require fees to access

this combined with this looks like it covers most of the country, tho. find your state map(s) in the first link, then go to the second link and try to find the cessation designation number. can't figure out an easy way to do that right now, but if you go to browse by state you can get a master list of all cessations in each particular state and just click through until you find the right one. that'll give you the name/date of the treaty, which should then be relatively easy to chase down

this combined with this looks like it covers most of the country, tho. find your state map(s) in the first link, then go to the second link and try to find the cessation designation number. can't figure out an easy way to do that right now, but if you go to browse by state you can get a master list of all cessations in each particular state and just click through until you find the right one. that'll give you the name/date of the treaty, which should then be relatively easy to chase down

bump to make myself do this. eventually.

i see the op of this deactivated but i just wanted to say the op and the rest of the contents of this thread were helpful and i borrowed a little bit of language from the op as well for a land acknowledgment i did recently. ive been meaning to make more of an effort post/debrief about it here for a while but haven't gotten over the hump to do it, so here's me posting to try to raise the pressure on myself a bit.

ed: i dont know what drama caused the op to delete but i do think its a real shame when that happens to be honest, i think theres a lot of good content on this forum and i looked at this thread as a resource like multiple times over a couple years and now its just gone. but i guess more impetus for me to try to put in a worse replacement

Edited by vykromond ()

also the land grant website linked upthread died a while back unfortunately
you'll start the website

vykromond posted:

ed: i dont know what drama caused the op to delete

dont ask

an interactive history of every racist county in the united snakkkes of amerikkka still needs to happen - so get to it

on the internet