turkey is not cool or good, and if you can post quotes, no one can deny you. might as well get a rep for truth-telling.

ghostpinballer posted:

chickeon posted:

have seen at least 2 users itt making some pretty weird comments to the effect of turkey is cool and good, but i shan't name names as i am a noob

the fastest path to power is to destroy an older poster and devour their rep page. gehenna approaches, best be prepared thin blood

a spectre is haunting this thread.. and he plays pinball
me irl

Red_Canadian posted:

turkey is not cool or good, and if you can post quotes, no one can deny you. might as well get a rep for truth-telling.

the rep will elude me, there's like 60 pages of posts at this point i'll never find the quotes. even searching "turkey" doesn't help. i retract my reckless accusations.

[account deactivated]

cars posted:

it's not arbitrary at all imo... the Soviets did what they did to advance in spite of advanced enemy materiel, while the Israelis did what they did in spite of its lack. it's probably not a coincidence which group's manual thought it needed to get grad school to justify the tactic, nor which army intended to hold the cities it entered against the foe and which intended to simply do as much damage as possible while its acts could still be supported by a flimsy, recurring excuse. no one is blaming Deleuze for what the IDF did, of course, but Deleuze freely admitted elliptical expression as a facet of his writing and knew it could be abused

[account deactivated]

sovnarkoman posted:

G E T H Y P E D

The American message is clear:”The US will leave al-Tanf crossing and abandon north-east Syria in al-Hasaka and Deirezzour as soon as possible. The only condition is for Russia and Syria to guarantee a total withdrawal of all Iranian forces from the Levant. The US is ready to leave the Kurds and let these continue their negotiation with Damascus. The US establishment will recognise Assad’s authority over Syria but Iran must leave”.

Assad responded: “Iranian forces and their allies came to Syria under an official request by the central government and will leave when this government asks the allied forces to leave, and only when all terrorists have been eradicated from the Levant”.

“You – said Assad – came to Syria without any permission and occupied our territory. It is therefore our duty to push you out by all means. You shall not obtain by negotiation and peace what you failed to obtain after seven years of war”.

https://ejmagnier.com/2018/07/13/us-message-to-assad-we-will-pull-out-of-al-tanf-and-the-north-if-iran-withdraws-from-syria/

god damnnn
owned
Woah. Now Kurds to negotiate with Assad without US interference. Scenes. Ideally this means any resurgent ISIS forces are gonna get snuffed for good, and I'm hoping Assad will reward the Kurds for their heroic role when the time comes. And with the recent gains near Golan there finally seems to be something like an end in sight.

Also the White Helmets are being evacuated to Western Europe. So that'll make for some interesting PR releases masquerading as news in the coming weeks.

And all the right shills have been shitting their pants over all this, which is hilarious.

Edited by ghostpinballer ()

ghostpinballer posted:

Also the White Helmets are being evacuated to Western Europe. So that'll make for some interesting PR releases masquerading as news in the coming weeks.

damn, true Epic Fail for flypaper theory

clue me in, what's flypaper theory?
Gay fascist Andrew Sullivan had a “theory” in the early/mid-2000s that the U.S. & UK invading Iraq would stop terrorist attacks elsewhere, because all the terrorists would buy tickets to Baghdad so they could gank freshly stocked U.S. Marines at low low prices. The “learn behind the burn” here is that the White Helmets are ISIS. Please stick around for some more great posts, folks, we’re just getting started.
Hmm. I've always been in two minds about the white helmets. I mean sure they're funded by some shady western orgs but i duno how much i buy the argument they're full on al qaeda/isis. I'm aware there are at least 2 layers of irony operating itt at all times tho (I assume), so its entirely possible i am being "done" here by yourself and not quite grasping this. Kudos if i have indeed been owned.

ghostpinballer posted:

I mean sure they're funded by some shady western orgs but i duno how much i buy the argument they're full on al qaeda/isis.

ISIS is a shady western org

ghostpinballer posted:

Hmm. I've always been in two minds about the white helmets. I mean sure they're funded by some shady western orgs but i duno how much i buy the argument they're full on al qaeda/isis. I'm aware there are at least 2 layers of irony operating itt at all times tho (I assume), so its entirely possible i am being "done" here by yourself and not quite grasping this. Kudos if i have indeed been owned.

The membership of the White Helmets and al-Qaeda + affiliates has an almost 100% overlap. They get paid from the same coffers and work for the same goals on different fronts. Because they have the same masters, namely British, American and Saudi intelligence, they carry out actions in a very coordinated manner. When the fighters are losing in some place, the White Helmets stage a performance to manufacture international outrage aimed at Syrian forces there and hopefully generate traction for politicians in the imperial core to send the fighters help or fight for something that will give them a military advantage in the UN. For example, when Syrian and Russian air power was liberating Aleppo, the White Helmets wanted above all else a no-fly zone over the city.

The White Helmets and the terrorist fighters cooperate very closely in day to day matters too. A great example is that infamous video of White Helmets presiding over an execution and hauling off the body. I think this kind of cooperation is probably contrary to design, since it undermines the credibility of their propaganda, but it's unavoidable because of the personnel overlap.

So TECHNICALLY the White Helmets as an organization are distinct from al-Qaeda and ISIS, but in reality they have the same goals, work for the same people, and are the same people.

colddays posted:

that infamous video of White Helmets

i've even seen more coherent attempts to defend the execution video than this one:

even brown moses was like "this seems dumb of them because it makes people think they're fake"

Constantignoble posted:

even brown moses was like "this seems dumb of them because it makes people think they're fake"

lol this is not the first time

colddays posted:

This was very informative, thank you.

Bit off-topic: dunno if you follow War Nerd, but they just did another episode with Rhania Khalek and one especially important point they made was that nothing better demonstrates how fake the "revolution" was/is than the fact that each time the SAA retakes a city or village or province, people spend a week or so celebrating their jihadi oppressors being routed and then crack on with reconstruction and regaining a sense of agency. No guerrilla insurgency, nothing but relief the nightmare is over.

Honestly in awe of the bravery of the Syrian people.

Duplicate
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/27/isis-knocked-on-doors-calling-out-locals-by-name-and-slaughtered-families
i love the answer lies in the middle dude in the comments who is all "I believe that the white helmets were first responders by day and fighters by night but you are still Evil Bad Man and so this is still all lies"
NATO affiliated journalist's plane touches down into Syria, looks out the window and sees that it's raining, checks the local weather station and the weatherman says that it's raining, but Ah: the weather station is state media owned by the Butcher Assad. The clever journalist walks out into the downpour without his jacket and umbrella. Can't outfox him!

sovnarkoman posted:

ah, israeli catering.
i can explain this. the white helmets helped millions of people who were trapped under wreckage and covered with a thin film of dust. a percentage of those were soldiers just going about their day. so they were naturally trapped beside their fgm-148 javelin shoulder-fired missile, which they were keeping in its original crate until they needed it. the white helmets asked them to abandon war, and played john lennon's imagine to them, and they said take this crate off my hands, i am now a man of peace. this happens so often that the white helmets just store it all at several depots.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
idlib's deliverance is at hand, it seems.
[account deactivated]
dance dance revolution
[account deactivated]