ialdabaoth posted:

i had this delightful conversation with a democrat the other day about "election hacking" that concluded with an explicit call for my slimeball self to be hanged for treason

what did the Democrat have to say in response

standard protesteth-too-much bullshit

remembering that the Democrats' first two lines of attack on Trump as president, hours after he took office, were 1) he doesn't want to live in Washington, D.C. all the time, and 2) he refuses to tell the White House press pool in advance where he's going to be for the next 48 hours. the idea seemed to be that most people in the United States would be horrified by both.
if hillary was 1% less a complete striving egomaniac i would suspect she deliberately threw the election
hillary clinton is a putin. she was a putin all along!!!!

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

if hillary was 1% less a complete striving egomaniac i would suspect she deliberately threw the election

got you covered bruv

there is a whole conspiracy theory around that, the clintons & trump are friends, trump made a call to bill clinton on such-and-such day and then he somehow orchestrated the loss, etc etc.

i don't think any amount of conspiracy could stop the foaming at the mouth desire of the campaign staff on either side, though
the clintons & trump are friends
the funnier (and more believable) version of that conspiracy is that trump intended to throw the election, tried his hardest, and accidentally won anyways because america is a joke
i could not risk coming forward with this until now, but I, too, threw the 2016 United States Presidential Election... into the toilet bowl!!! Oh mama!
someone please murder brown moses

heh, only logical though. The trajectory follows simple logic To Be Honest (TBH)
[account deactivated]
tfw you are too online

chris penn voice at the end of reservoir dogs when the guy's pointing a gun at his dad
tweeting the twitter terms and conditions at the president, sir
To Iranian President Rouhani:
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY ABOUT ME, YOU LITTLE BITCH?
back in 2013 or whenever isis guys were first showing up on twitter, one of them ended an argument he was having with "taste the lion's ass!" I think of that a lot.

Petrol posted:

this is exactly what sprang to mind when i read that tweet

I think the media just isn't spending enough time talking about the Russia stuff. How else would you explain this?

Donald Trump did not draw many positive reviews after his summit with Russian president Vladimir Putin last week, at least among the punditocracy. But in a new NBC News–Wall Street Journal poll, conducted both before and after the Helsinki summit, Trump has seen his approval rating tick up to 45 percent, an all-time high for him in the survey.

Because there is LITERALLY no other way to explain it, imho.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I think it’s possible that when nearly everyone in the U.S. news press flipped out against peace with DPRK a short while back, after a lot of other stuff, it may have driven a wedge like no one’s ever seen between “journalists” and your average person of any political persuasion in that country.

Like, pretty much everyone in the U.S. still has hideous & stupid ideas about DPRK they got from racist sketch comedy, but most of them don’t really give a fuck about fighting it or want to do that. I think a lot of reporters and columnists had been swimming in the “bipartisan” U.S. elite perspective on the issue (occupy everything on the other side of the DMZ forever & treat “peace treaty” as profanity) at a time when most people in the U.S. were totally ignoring Korea (pretty much every day of every year between the Axis of Evil speech and the crappy Seth Rogen movie).

It’s a purely subjective impression, but it seemed like the country’s newswriters, columnists, etc. seriously overshot in their assumptions of how much of their audience would know or care why they were condemning what appeared to be a pretty common “good news” narrative within U.S. popular knowledge of the world: some kooky, mysterious Eastern type was now willing to talk peace instead of threaten people with bombs. Right around then, the poll numbers and the stories around them on most U.S. news s[ites] seemed to decouple and float into different dimensions. The people writing for those sites seemed to really, really, really believe that peaceful overtures toward DPRK would do terrible numbers, which seems uncommonly dumb even for them.

Edited by cars ()

ialdabaoth posted:

Petrol posted:

this is exactly what sprang to mind when i read that tweet

except he can actually do everything in that post

it aligns exactly with his deep state / media is fake news message, it's like custom made for him

tbh i watched a fair bit of his press conference with putin and i thought it was completely fine, his statement was coherent and pleasant and so were his press conf answers. the interactions between a russian journalist asking a question and trump's response made them both seem like entirely reasonable people discussing serious real things. the people who were the most obnoxious were american journalists, which is what i hear was also the case at the dprk thing though i didn't watch it myself.

i'm not going to make a left case for trump or anything but it's really something how much banshee wailing there is about this. just total incomprehension. the gut-tearing horror of having an ok conversation with an Evil
seems like what might be going on is, there are dangerous foreign nationals tricking people into hating donald trump. idk

Petrol posted:

meanwhile in a bizarro reality, Trump quote tweets Kendrick Lamar - Humble to Iran and everybody loves it

drwhat posted:

it aligns exactly with his deep state / media is fake news message, it's like custom made for him

tbh i watched a fair bit of his press conference with putin and i thought it was completely fine, his statement was coherent and pleasant and so were his press conf answers. the interactions between a russian journalist asking a question and trump's response made them both seem like entirely reasonable people discussing serious real things. the people who were the most obnoxious were american journalists, which is what i hear was also the case at the dprk thing though i didn't watch it myself.

i'm not going to make a left case for trump or anything but it's really something how much banshee wailing there is about this. just total incomprehension. the gut-tearing horror of having an ok conversation with an Evil

Catman is a Russian puppet. Further evidence: took over the communist faillord forum after NATO-backed originator died of obesity, has presided over criticism of democrats, is foreign, is engaged in кошка притворяется

Yeah re DPRK pretty much all of Trumps supporters want peace so Donny can get his deserved nobel prize and I’m sure a lot of liberals hate North Korea but don’t want to see Trump escalating war so all those “trump needs to nuke Kim” stories are written for an audience of like 10 fucking beltway spooks tops
White House says Trump wants to revoke security clearances for former officials critical of him over Russia

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump is “looking to take away” the clearances of half a dozen former senior national security and intelligence officials who served in the administrations of George W. Bush or Barack Obama. Sanders accused them of profiting off their public service and making “baseless accusations” against the president.

LMAO holy shit.

This is probably the single thing the White House could do to most piss off the elder members of the “intelligence community”, i.e., the agency retirees who work to manipulate domestic politics. The former-director types have been going pretty hard lately in the press against Trump, but as a response from his administration, even just announcing that the White House is looking into revoking clearances is an extreme escalation.

I doubt they’ll be able to do it, since the guys he’s threatening will call in every last favor they can short of an actual kill squad to prevent it, but even suggesting it is a declaration of war.

I hope Trump does it. Why should those profiteering clowns retain security clearances after they're no longer in government service?
so the "left case for trump" is for dismantling retirement benefits, good job guys

sovnarkoman posted:

so the "left case for trump" is for dismantling retirement benefits, good job guys

the left case for trump is beyond human understanding imo

it's hilarious when donald trump occasionally stumbles into owning

drwhat posted:

i'm not going to make a left case for trump

I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/putin-s-soccer-ball-for-trump-had-chip-that-can-transmit-data-to-nearby-phones-20180726-p4ztn7.html posted:

Russian President Vladimir Putin's gift of a soccer ball to US President Donald Trump last week set off a chorus of warnings - some of them only half in jest - that the World Cup souvenir could be bugged.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina even tweeted: "I'd check the soccer ball for listening devices and never allow it in the White House".

It turns out they weren't entirely wrong. Markings on the ball indicate that it contains a chip with a tiny antenna that transmits to nearby mobile phones.

But rather than a spy device, the chip is an advertised feature of the Adidas AG ball. Photographs from the news conference in Helsinki, where Putin handed the ball to Trump, show it bore a logo for a near-field communication tag. During manufacturing, the NFC chip is placed inside the ball under that logo, which resembles the icon for a WiFi signal, according to the Adidas website.

The chip allows fans to access player videos, competitions and other content by bringing their mobile devices close to the ball. The feature is included in the 2018 FIFA World Cup match ball that's sold on the Adidas website for $US165 ($222).

Adidas declined to comment on whether the chip could be a vector of a Russian hack. There is no suggestion that such balls or their chips have any security vulnerabilities. The chip itself can't be modified, according to the product description on the Adidas website. "It is not possible to delete or rewrite the encoded parameters," it says.

While the logo on the ball advertised the presence of the chip, it couldn't be determined from the photos whether the chip might have been removed, replaced with actual spy gear, or, even more remotely, whether the entire ball itself was fabricated for the event and only resembled the Adidas model in question.

sovnarkoman posted:

banned for doxxing every single rhizzone user at once

no joke i am a total goober and actually do chair perch like that when i get really Excited Online, clear evidence that i am a brainwashed manchurian candidate following my programming
it's better for your back and everything else if you sit different ways and move around and whatever. use chairs however the fuck you want, they're like suits for sitting
somebody teach me how to suppress the part of myself that wants to point out the material benefits America enjoys from its imperialist hegemony whenever it hears dumbshit right-wingers talking about how NATO is such a terrible burden and Europe doesn't pay its fair share and the United $nakes should just drop out of as many international institutions as possible