I think you all know why you're here. Now, I'm not here to judge anyone, I'm here to help. I'm sure you all come from circumstances beyond your control that made you this way. Maybe your father was a street preacher. Maybe you were brain damaged at a young age by a copy of The Fountainhead someone carelessly left lying around, and while the ideology passed with time the damage to your ability to assemble a coherent argument never recovered. Maybe your first exposure to radical politics was Trotskyism. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. What matters is that if you keep going this way, you'll come to a bad end: Handing out urine-stained pamphlet screeds downtown, arguing with flat earthers (and losing) on youtube music video comment sections, wondering why the family forgot to invite you to thanksgiving for the past three years. But that doesn't have to be your future. This is a place of hope, a place of healing.

The odds aren't in your favor, it's true. Most Rhetorically Challenged Individuals (RCI) never recover, or relapse within a few years of starting recovery. But in each of you, I see a special spark, the potential that someday you will be able to make statements that don't backfire and undermine your entire argument, to use logic whose contradictions won't be immediately pointed out by an 8 year old, to have a conversation on facebook without getting unfriended by everyone. You can do it. I believe in you. We can beat this thing together, if you'll let me help. You don't have to live your life like this. It can get better.
Homework assignment 1: These very basic tasks will get you started on the road to recovery.

bumpthread posted:

It's simply a fact that you don't own your body. Society grants you rights about your body just as the state grants landowners rights over land. In the last analysis the land is still social property, so are you.

"It's simply a fact" does not actually grant your statement factual status. What you have here is nothing but a facile argument by analogy. Rephrase this sentence with the goals of 1) making an argument based on actual premises, evidence 2) using a style that doesn't make everyone immediately hate you and not care about what you say.

bumpthread posted:

This is literally impossible to refute.

Your argument is impossible to refute in the same way that timecube is impossible to refute. Style tip: Don't invite people to humiliate you. They will.

bumpthread posted:

It's obviously wrong.

Is it.

bumpthread posted:

Just like everything else your individual judgments are meaningless.

Take your time and think about how this statement might come back to bite you. I'll wait.

bumpthread posted:

Whatever you think this implies is up to you.

NO. NO. BAD. SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

Should be obvious to show how I'm wrong, I didn't say anything complicated.
Petrol just ifap this guy, that's why it's there
shut up cars

e: never tell cars to shut up, idiot

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

cars posted:

Petrol just ifap this guy, that's why it's there

cgoat got to him first in LF but if he gets released he can serve a consecutive sentence for being a dick here

Lost another one. God damn. I swear this job is killing me. Poor kid.
let's put aside the rhetoric and get around the negotiating table