i will say again that it's a nice cheat for college to know before you figure it out yourself that you don't have to discuss politics with liberals around you
[account deactivated]
I feel bad about my earlier response and want to be really honest. The person sounds to me like someone I could not be friends with because of their politics. That's a choice I'd feel totally comfortable making because they've clearly crossed a line from just espousing certain views to actively working for a cause I can't reconcile myself with.

But it's not my friend, it's yours, and therefore your choice. And so I make a more general point: if you want to be friends with someone you know you don't want to talk politics with, be friends and don't talk politics. If you feel they're too strongly supportive of views you can't abide, don't be friends. It really can be that simple even if it doesn't feel good.
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

No point in making friendships that don't make you feel good, to me at least. Much of my thoughts revolve around political issues and trying to develop my own political morality and understanding. In any case, there are many people out there I can befriend and find solidarity with, and I certainly don't want to have a tokenized friendship with someone whose views fundamentally differ from mine on issues that matter to me most.

Don't give up yet, the MK Ultra thread may have the solution your friend needs.

how do people doing prisoner support deal with it?

like the person you are helping could be lovely on a personal level... yet if u were to investigate they may have committed a horrific atrocity.
or even somehow believed that israel/babylon need not fall???
Very carefully.
roll 6 or higher on 3d6 to denounce anti-semitism as a free action

#3D6
3D6 => 12
anti-semitism denounced
would you like to denounce again? Y/N
mods please implement dice rolling functionality to forum to better improve online
wait up, hold it a second, if its a free action i shouldnt need to make a skill check, who the hell wrote these rules, boones get in here and explain yourself

tears posted:

wait up, hold it a second, if its a free action i shouldnt need to make a skill check,

Actually,

trap sprung

tears posted:

trap sprung

where's my roll? *slams hand open palm on table* my roll b*tch