Petrol posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i'm sure everyone has seen it by now but cnn tracked down the dude who made the scary wrestling gif and made him apologize. finally some justice in this world

yknow i never thought i'd feel sympathy for a redditor but isnt that shithead like 15 years old?

nah he's an adult maga dude and shockingly a Troop

you could definitely bilk at least 20 grand out of internet republicans by standing up to Big Threatens You Over a Wrestling Gif

you could include dems. start a crowdfunding account and tell people to vote in the comment section of their donation on whether to tell CNN off or apologize. highest total within 72 hours wins

(i learned it from video games)

frantically tweeting at the president i

Petrol posted:

i'm sure everyone has seen it by now but cnn tracked down the dude who made the scary wrestling gif and made him apologize. finally some justice in this world

yknow i never thought i'd feel sympathy for a redditor but isnt that shithead like 15 years old?

nah he's an adult maga dude and shockingly a Troop

my bad for picking up the nerd-right narrative

so uhhh https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/world/europe/donald-trump-poland-g20-hamburg.html

The fundamental question of our time is whether the West has the will to survive,” he said, employing the same life-or-death language as his inauguration speech, which promised a war against the “American carnage” of urban crime. “Do we have the confidence in our values to defend them at any cost? Do we have enough respect for our citizens to protect our borders? Do we have the desire and the courage to preserve our civilization in the face of those who would subvert and destroy it?”

While Mr. Trump made mention of the terrible toll wreaked by the Nazis on Poland and its once thriving Jewish population, many of his comments were targeted at the onetime invaders from the East. The president noted that Joseph Stalin had halted his troops outside the city during the uprising, allowing German forces to exterminate or capture Polish partisans fighting in the ruins of the city.

“The Soviet armed forces stopped and waited,” he reminded his Polish audience to applause and chants of “Donald Trump!” and “Hail to the heroes!” The Soviets, he added, “tried to destroy this nation forever by shattering its will to survive.”

hail to the heroes and their triumphant will

I always forget that there was a second Warsaw Uprising. pretty cool how they have their own dolchstoßlegende to distract from the fact that the heroic Home Army had watched the ghetto get exterminated the previous year
The Washington Post also looked into the Reddit user’s disturbing history, noting a post in which he or she claimed to carry “punch blades” while traveling in Paris, in case “any of those Islamic fucks tried shit with me would get an immediate punch to the neck with 2 inches of titanium embedded in their throat.”

The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, which tracks extremism and hate online and offline, analyzed the Reddit account and found “an 18-month record of vile comments and memes against Muslims, African-Americans, Jews and others.”

Although not much is known about the person, ADL said some posts indicate the user is “a parent and a veteran in his 40s living in Tennessee.”

arguing about troops is pointless for any practical purpose because even when you're talking to someone on the left the conversation you're having isn't "are a extremely significant percentage of troops psychotic filth" it's "Let's Play: can i validate the decisions of my dipshit associate"
Gov. Chris Christie’s trip to a closed state beach during the state government shutdown didn't go over well, according to a Monmouth University poll released Monday.

Almost all respondents — 86 percent — saw the pictures. When asked to describe it, the most popular word New Jerseyans used was "disgusted," at 7 percent, with "anger" and "disbelief" a close second. Other popular words: "Selfish," "hypocrite" and "arrogant." Less than 10 percent either said something positive or that they weren't bothered by it.

And then there was this: "Another 6% of those polled simply used some form of profanity to express their sentiments about Christie's beach day," said the news release circulated with the poll.

But Christie can take solace in one aspect of the latest poll on his job performance: He's still in double digits.

Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting.

this is what everybody is harping on today and it still smells like bullshit to me. even if the story is totally true, all it says is a publicist thought it was a Russian plot and told Donald Jr., Even if he was right, it doesn't mean he knew. even if he was right, and knew, that doesn't demonstrate anything about what the Democrats have actually been complaining about. he didn't tell the idiot son that they hacked the voting machines or even that they hacked Hillary.

I don't care about Trump but we have to keep in mind that they'll do this to someone we like, too. They were doing it to Corbyn. They straight up just cheated in the primary to nuke Sanders and got away with it, and those guys were moderate

whatever the case turns out to be we should be very skeptical of CIA people asserting that people are foreign agents in total anonymity with no evidence

whatever the case turns out to be we should be very skeptical of CIA people asserting that people are foreign agents in total anonymity with no evidence

i was about to snark about this being sooooo controversial

then i realized, awwwww shit.

oh and let's also not forget that a party rank-and-file that are to the left of their representatives on everything (single payer, marijuana legalization, israel, immigration, college, climate, lgbt, etc) and incredibly discontent with the existing leadership are having their efforts suppressed in the name of needing to focus on russia
been watching a bit of both CNN and Fox News today and the difference in agenda is pretty stark. CNN is rabidly chasing this new 'bombshell' in the trump-russia story and Fox News is headlining show after show with a continuous circlejerk about trump's poland speech and how the left no longer shares "western values". it's both gross and gripping watching america usher itself into full-but-dysfunctional fascism in real time
i went to a wedding at a football stadium last weekend and the tv in the hotel we stayed at had fox news as the default (like, no matter what channel you turned to before, the channel that came on when you fired it up was fox news), so I saw a little of that, and I was struck by how conversant they expected their viewers to be with culture wars minutia--little, chatty, offhand jokes at eight in the morning about Thing A Celebrity Said or Thing That Happened On A Campus. and i probably shouldn't be surprised, that shit is of course their bread and butter, but it's still weird how they they and the wokest of liberal tweeters coinhabit a world that 95% of the country couldn't possibly give less a shit about
that's like a fractal of reaction in that the same pattern keeps emerging no matter how small you go. internet reaction is the same thing where all of a sudden you're supposed to know about and be very mad and disgusted by the horrible thing that "SquirtleBob" said on his twitter with 2000 followers

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

wow liberal people get incredibly venomous when you point out all the terrible shit is systemic and not just the fault of the orange man. and even worse when you point out that the orange man is playing his part perfectly, catering to his voters, and the russia thing is probably going to be found to be within the letter of the law. they are so mad. they genuinely believe it's all an extralegal perversion. i guess it was mean of me to say "this IS america". they cling to their dreamworld so hard.
i mean to be fair, there's not any way of accurately grasping the irrelevance of the russia thing when you've been training your entire life to ignore the israel thing
i think the most grating shit about this story though is just how oblivious liberals are to their own insane chauvinism. even the ones that basically get that bourgeois democracy is a farcical puppet show are completely out of their minds enraged by russian "tampering", stamping their feet and pulling out their hair at the very idea that FUCKING FOREIGNERS had a say in the course of US politics

drwhat posted:

wow liberal people get incredibly venomous when you point out all the terrible shit is systemic and not just the fault of the orange man. and even worse when you point out that the orange man is playing his part perfectly, catering to his voters, and the russia thing is probably going to be found to be within the letter of the law. they are so mad. they genuinely believe it's all an extralegal perversion. i guess it was mean of me to say "this IS america". they cling to their dreamworld so hard.

my favorite thing about it is watching them rail against all the Putinistas and Pro-Putin Tankies and how they are so dumb and goddamn crazy what with constantly saying nice things about putin when as far as i can tell no defense of putin has appeared in the english language in several years

my favorite thing about it is watching them rail against all the Putinistas and Pro-Putin Tankies and how they are so dumb and goddamn crazy what with constantly saying nice things about putin when as far as i can tell no defense of putin has appeared in the english language in several years

if they admitted that they would have to own up to how most people in the world don't like the government of the united states no matter who runs it

Russia hacking the US election is a great step along the path toward full JDPON control.

Remember that when the fed gov took over slave states in 1865 and ran them directly with black people participating it was the best administration they ever had.

Red Dawn and Holidays In Cambodia all the way baby!
colbert seems insanely excited telling jokes about donald jr going to jail for treason, so gleeful that he seems to sincerely believe we live in an alternate universe where thats ever going to happen

I wish they'd jail each other already.
White House releases sensitive personal information of voters worried about their sensitive personal information

“This request is very concerning,” wrote one. “The federal government is attempting to get the name, address, birth date, political party, and social security number of every voter in the country.” That email, published by the White House, contained the sender's name and home address.

“DO NOT RELEASE ANY OF MY VOTER DATA PERIOD,” wrote one voter whose name and email address was published by the White House.

“Beefed up the security on this email address yet?” asked another voter whose name and email address were also published by the White House.

“The request for private voter information is offensive,” wrote one voter whose name, home address and email address were published by the White House.

“I removed my name from voter rolls. And I'm a Republican!” wrote one voter whose name was published by the White House.

I'm kind of enjoying how vicious and petulant the Post is getting.

lol
even a stopped clock
trumps new press sec got shitcanned in less than two weeks and managed to get divorced and miss the birth of his child for it. this is the greatest administration of all time
Eat shit press secretaryailures
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

The President Show is amazing this season, love watching that show

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Three dead as violence erupts at US rally

Three people have died as mass brawls broke out between white supremacists and anti-fascist protesters at a far-right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

People threw punches, hurled water bottles and used pepper spray during the violence as riot police were deployed to try to disperse the crowds. At least eight people were hurt.

oh shit! sounds like a really bad brawl. maybe antifa have gone too far-

Among the three dead were two police officers who were on a helicopter that crashed near the scene.

oh. i, uh

The other death was a 32-year-old woman who had been crossing the street when she was struck by a car that hit a group of anti-Nazi campaigners also leaving 19 people injured.

hrmmm,

Speaking about the disorder, US President Donald Trump said he condemned 'in the strongest possible terms' what he called an 'egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides'.

a

the murderer is either a troop or a failtroop.

(according to, uh, buzzfeed)
Goondolences.
Whats a failtroop
like failson but troop instead of son?
yeah, the quotes made it clear that he wanted to enlist and was telling everyone he was definitely going to, but there wasn't anything saying he actually did so, could have washed out in boot/not be accepted/been too much of a fuckup to ever be anything more than aspirationally troop
[account deactivated]