swampman posted:

animedad posted:

does anyone want me in their krew. I'm chemically deficient but I have a lot of heart

Yes, what should i goto visit in Portland Oregon

forests n stuff

TG posted:

also, if you ever find yourself in the Other Portland, you should visit:

allagash brewery
a lighthouse
a restaurant that will sell you a lobster roll (all of them)

can confirm, just did this on my way home from acadia last weekend

I'd recommend Sleeping in a Bus Station
and not just keeping your wallet in ur back pocket??
*me interrupted mid attempt* haha no i was just robbing you. it wasnt a gay thing
Ok, I attended the thursday night bike ride which was pretty great. Also going to see troilus and cressida, some statuary, norm macdonald, gonna float on the river, smoke a lot of weed, eat a lot of weed food, scrape the bookstores. Also? Don't overthink it - a full day roller skating in a giant circle at Oaks Park with five hundred extremely aggressive twelve year olds. Heaven.

When i was last here you could only buy 7g of weed, but more limiting, one single edible, at any individual marijuana store, per day, which created a thrilling imperative - visit every single weed store in portland eating one candy per stop. Now i would unfairly be considered an addict, a junkie, if I spent two to three days biking around to every dispensary in the city and not doing anything else with my time here. Its bs

Edited by swampman ()

i have to make my own edibles now that retail isn't doing it for me anymore. here you can by 24g at once and it's really just a matter of stepping out the door and coming back in if you want more. i buy a bunch of cheap shake to make weedbutter and it works out well. come to seattle and we'll get highhhhhhhh...

oh, when you're looking at books, open up readsettlers.org and see if you can find any oop source material, just not chapters 12-14

animedad posted:

yo kinch remember when we were chilling in the boulevard drinking wine with a few other eccentric characters. hows life?

yeah i remember that. i live in that area now and i dont recognize anything because we moved almost exclusively in alleys.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i wish i could find it but there was this tumblr post from a year or so ago where the person was mad bc they were demisexual and their parents didn't realize how special that was. imagine being that parent. your teen announces that they're some new sexuality you've never heard of they found on the internet and you're going oh jesus what kind of cartoon ruminant do they want to fuck but then it's like "no it means i only want to have sex with people i love"

i saw that post but sadly the only one i've ever screencapped is this

norm macdonald is a genius. some people in the audience yelled "burt reynolds." portland
Portland is satan tempting me, I am christ in this analogy
die in new york, idiot.
cities are only good if people invite you into their pre-existing families, with pre existing culture. nothjng good about fragile young men and fragile young women gathering in bars
hey kinch let's hang out sometum, maybe at a bar?
😂

swampman posted:

Portland is satan tempting me, I am christ in this analogy

why not use the same arguments you gave me when i was thinking of moving to portland (it white)

Portland is a great city, it combines the traffic experience of LA with the prices of NYC and slug density of Seattle, but with the racial make up and insular hostility of a butte Montana. It's the best of all worlds.
I want the gentrification of San Fransisco, but without that awful California sun.

karphead posted:

why not use the same arguments you gave me when i was thinking of moving to portland (it white)

Yeah it only seems cool because I am here visiting my grandparents so I planned ahead to be able to spend, for example, $17 on the catfish and waffle (singular) for breakfast yesterday at the live jazz cafe that I only had to walk along a phenomenally dangerous highway for a twenty minutes to reach, since I saved $800 on the whole shelter part of the trip. And because NYC is so incredibly filthy and covered with garbage that I am starting to get agitated, while over here, not so much garbage. Cops have already stopped me here because I biked through a stop sign, laying bare the true face of the terror that undergirds the citys leafy loins.

The secret to NYC is to not live in Brooklyn, of which my singular greatest impression was the wind whipping Street garbage at me like Robert D. Niro at the end of Brazil + the general sense that everything never really stopped being an industrial wasteland, everyone just moved in anyways. By contrast, Queens was like a spike lee movie, all adorable neighborhood kids and men selling insane products on street corners. Very clean.
Astoria is probably pretty shitty by now tho.

swampman posted:

karphead posted:

Yeah it only seems cool because I am here visiting my grandparents so I planned ahead to be able to spend, for example, $17 on the catfish and waffle (singular) for breakfast yesterday at the live jazz cafe that I only had to walk along a phenomenally dangerous highway for a twenty minutes to reach, since I saved $800 on the whole shelter part of the trip. And because NYC is so incredibly filthy and covered with garbage that I am starting to get agitated, while over here, not so much garbage. Cops have already stopped me here because I biked through a stop sign, laying bare the true face of the terror that undergirds the citys leafy loins.

Please disable your ad blocker when reading my posts.

come to chicago, where there are alleys to hold the garbage, and cops don't care about anything unless youre a black teen.

Edited by kinch ()

as a queer, cities are dear
as a writer, the city is quieter
rip rashad
i decided to put my marxist knowledge to use with capitalism so i put all my money in canadian weed stocks with a return of 20% so far :thumbsup: unfortunately as a marxist i have no money so a return of 20% on almost nothing isn't a lot
i decided i'm probably just going to apply to jobs for when i finish my masters, instead of levelling up anymore at school. for health/bureaucratic reasons i probably have to stay in ontario for a few years, unless i become a writer on Keven's Comedy Dojo on Amazon and can live in his basement in Astoria. i might try to avoid toronto because i don't really see the point of just fighting to death against real estate investment trusts on a modest income. so i'm thinking ottawa maybe. it looks like i will be a teaching assistant for a political theory class this fall though and i've got my courses picked out.... #winning
the self righteous fascist grandma corner of the internet is becoming increasingly desperate to prove itself the victim of a malicious double standard and uh, I think they might be starting to overreach a little
the above post is in the real life thread because uhhh someone in my family posted it, definitely not because I fucked up and missed the funny pic thread

getfiscal posted:

i decided i'm probably just going to apply to jobs for when i finish my masters, instead of levelling up anymore at school. for health/bureaucratic reasons i probably have to stay in ontario for a few years, unless i become a writer on Keven's Comedy Dojo on Amazon and can live in his basement in Astoria. i might try to avoid toronto because i don't really see the point of just fighting to death against real estate investment trusts on a modest income. so i'm thinking ottawa maybe. it looks like i will be a teaching assistant for a political theory class this fall though and i've got my courses picked out.... #winning

Ottawa is much nicer than I ever expected. are you going to try and get in at some ngo think tank type thing? surely they must pay very close to zero dollars

I have been extremely irl recently and i just wanted you all to know that your posts are giving me strength

drwhat posted:

Ottawa is much nicer than I ever expected. are you going to try and get in at some ngo think tank type thing? surely they must pay very close to zero dollars

i am on disability here so i have a small income floor that i could combine with a part-time job and writing or whatever as my health improves. it'd be hard to live outside ontario because i lose the disability (and maybe health insurance). i mean they will still tax back my disability at about 50% because our hell world. but if i can get in at like... a quasi-governmental organization or whatever... yeah... i could work part-time and still be able to survive probably, then improve over time into a real full-time position. i could do it in toronto too i guess... i shouldn't be a jerk about toronto lol.

[account deactivated]
i don't advise anyone to live in toronto or vancouver
i went out drinking w some communists in a pub and the pub had like three toilets and i thought thats nice a trans inclusionary pub and my friend opened the "middle" tolilet door and it had some friggin brick wallpaper behind it and rang aloud bell in the pub for everyone to hear and well long story short I mananged to barely resist burning the pub to the ground and offering the drinkers up in a fiery offering to the dark gods but it was and extremly close thing and i/ am VERY ANGRY and also drunk, and well I hope this stupid country and everyone in it burns in hell forever :very angry emoji:
{additional information in an extemely angry tone}
You got owned by a fake third gender toilet..?
The college bar up here made the men's room a unisex bathroom but I mean... it's still the men's room.
That's fucking bullshit now I'm mad too. It's too bad the only recourse we have for these things is finger-wagging editorials instead of violent justice
await my supplementary extremely angry internet post about toilets
[account deactivated]