nt

Edited by cemetery ()

we will not indulge your masochism, but will support you as a comrade.
What's going on, Cemetery?
Lol

Edited by cemetery ()

That Pope really is surprisingly young, for the position
I watched some of that show and every scene is this:

the ghost gunner exists so for only five times the price and ten times the labor, paranoids who won't go outside can gain access to the most effective means of suicide
a ghost gunner is haunting Online, the ghost gunner of
i told some friends of mine the other day that there existed white mass-attending catholics who were also anti-revisionist communists and they didnt believe me
haha, i don't know about the still going to mass part for any of us. relapsed catholic is kind of all the rage, you are raised with all the self-sacrifice and the bloody imagery, but then you kind of lose interest as you get older so you just incorporate those gut feelings into....whatever your brain is pursuing.

Red_Canadian posted:

haha, i don't know about the still going to mass part for any of us. relapsed catholic is kind of all the rage, you are raised with all the self-sacrifice and the bloody imagery, but then you kind of lose interest as you get older so you just incorporate those gut feelings into....whatever your brain is pursuing.

Red_Canadian, for like the hundredth time: lurk more

c_man posted:

i told some friends of mine the other day that there existed white mass-attending catholics who were also anti-revisionist communists and they didnt believe me

swampman can set them up with accounts

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

Red_Canadian, for like the hundredth time: lurk more

upon reflection this was not a christian response and i apologize. however there is a significant proportion of practicing Christians on this forum and many of them are Roman Catholics. there are also many Communist parties worldwide that promote solidarity with Christians in good faith, for instance the Communist Party of the Russian Federation. Even during the era of the USSR, the policy toward Christian institutions was at worst inconsistent and at best in a state of constant evolution. The official policy of Rome toward Communist party members worldwide was, in my opinion, un-Christian and shameful for much of their mutual history, centered on papal bulls from Leo XIII too eager to defend the Church's temporal power while codifying its doctrinal solidarity with the workers of the world and their power to organize. But to say that the current Holy See preaches détente with Marxists and their organizations is probably an understatement, to the degree that reactionary elements within the Church have revived widescale sedevacantism in response. In part this is due to Pope Francis responding to accusations that he is a Marxist with kind-hearted compliments of Marxists he has known, love being the greatest troll of all.

cars posted:

In part this is due to Pope Francis responding to accusations that he is a Marxist with kind-hearted compliments of Marxists he has known, love being the greatest troll of all.

Im not a Christian, can someone please explain why God has seen fit to bless us with such a dope pope?

One of Pope Francis's habits is to gently turn discussion of himself, even praise, toward discussion of what matters to the people on the other side of the discussion. it's a good habit to try and pick up in my opinion.
Was this a love-troll? If so, thank you.
you're welcome. what i mean is that recognizing Francis's position is good insofar as it fosters communion with others, but a wealth of praise for Francis as a person maybe points away from real reasons behind his statements and actions which go far beyond him personally. Marxists are familiar with this concept in general. For instance, it's good to understand the position of the Church's worldly representatives within the recent history of Argentine politics, on a spectrum from those defending the political left under penalty of death to those complicit in the enforcement of that penalty, which includes the role of figures such as Francis (then Jorge Mario Bergoglio) who tried hard to maintain organizational neutrality in a situation where that may not have been the best way to promote or maintain faith in God. aside from how that may motivate the current Pope personally, it will speak to both Communism and Christianity as they were (and are) lived rather than as they were preached.

cars posted:

One of Pope Francis's habits is to gently turn discussion of himself, even praise, toward discussion of what matters to the people on the other side of the discussion. it's a good habit to try and pick up in my opinion.

Interesting to see more pro-Pope discussion crop up right as the anti-democracy functions are activated
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/europe/pope-warns-rising-populism-could-produce-new-hilter-n710681
"Hitler didn't steal the power, his people voted for him, and then he destroyed his people," the pope added.
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1932/4/11/fay-sees-possible-wane-in-power/

Hindenburg's election shows the sturdy common sense of the majority of the German people, in spite of their difficulties and humiliating international position and in spite of the oratorical promises of Hitler.

i think it's good to be concerned about widespread support for far-right politics in some countries and communities. potentially revolutionary situations do not inevitably end in victories by the best people.

cars posted:

you're welcome. what i mean is that recognizing Francis's position is good insofar as it fosters communion with others, but a wealth of praise for Francis as a person maybe points away from real reasons behind his statements and actions which go far beyond him personally

Okay, I get it now. I often fall into the trap of thinking in terms of 'Great Man theory', I'm working on it. The Woke Pope branding team have undoubtedly had a positive effect on me in terms of communion with Christians, but are negative in the ways I take it you mean. I had no idea about Francis' political history in Argentina.

welp, seeya later, off to combat my inner liberalism

go with Christ brah.
pope so woke he gave all priests the ability to absolve wanton harlots who murder their unborn babies. a visionary.
bad news posters, just checked the the ratio of shit posts to shitposts and, well, its bad
probably the maddest I got online was when dipshit white Amerikkkan liberal friend was complaining about how the pope wasn't really 'progressive' because he made some public statement about trans people, but he (the dipshit not the pope) did it in that affected 'black' voice they do, like, 'oooh chile, miss me with that bullshit'
(Me, critizing the Catholic Church) Ooohh, Chile.
I'm going to let panopticon out of guyfap but I'm going to wait till later so everyone can talk about their boyfriend Stalin some more without being brutally truth slapped.

Keven posted:

I'm going to let panopticon out of guyfap but I'm going to wait till later so everyone can talk about their boyfriend Stalin some more without being brutally truth slapped.

Thank you.

Keven posted:

Never mind when I try and let him out it says I don't have the authority to do this! Access denied!

Keven posted:

Keven posted:

Never mind when I try and let him out it says I don't have the authority to do this! Access denied!

wtf weird. i will investigate

Me: (sits at bar with forward point collar loose, fingers to temples & eyes squeezed shut) The Burping Class
(slow fade, true color newsprint photo in oval inset, my collar is spread & neat w/ a red tie and I show all teeth, phones ring. I am in the Times)
(editor slams down five inch thick dot matrix printout on my desk as chess pieces scatter everywhere) what the HELL is Fail Aids.
the Vatican is effectively dismantling the leadership structure of the Knights of Malta, the strongest sect to the right of the Holy See and one that has been allowed to operate not only in belligerent rightist opposition to the Chair of St. Peter but also as a sovereign state under international law. Some famous Knights of Malta thugs were: Bill Donovan, founder of the CIA, former CIA director William Casey and international crime capo Alexander Haig. The KoM were the main channel for high-level Nazi war criminals into the Western Hemisphere, both to hide them in South America and to hook them up with jobs in the United States intelligence agencies. They gave Reinhard Gehlen, Hitler's chief spy against the USSR, their Best Good Boy award... in 1948.

it's a power struggle years in the making but the current dispute started because one of the more liberal big-time KoM guys gave out condoms with their money and the KoM fired him and he appealed to the Pope. pretty happy about all this and hope the 'fish will delurk for his take.
[account deactivated]
sounds like some da vinci code shit
thats what my life is like, its like the da vinci code only cooler and more exciting
i've been doing some looking into analytics for work and basically all of broadcast television advertising is a scam. for example, an episode of Orphan Black gets about 400,000-500,000 viewers and has a budget of a little under 2 million an episode. an average Red Letter Media video on youtube will do that amount and bring in less than 1/2000th the ad revenue. there's DVD sales and international licensing for the tv show of course but it doesn't begin to bridge that gap. the difference is that on tv they can't prove that the ads don't work, are ignored and nobody gives a shit
here's a good article by Martin A. Lee that had a big impact on me when i was younger, mainly because it was in the archives of a mainstream left-liberal publication and covers a lot of ground about Opus Dei in the States.

it's probably time for everyone to re-read Lee's book The Beast Reawakens about the path from ODESSA in Nazi Germany to the far right at the dawn of the 21st century. seeing these movements as discrete is ahistorical since the suit-and-tie-squad nowadays still quietly venerate figures from Nazi history as near to gods, and many of their older peers made sure to commune with their deities and pass on their teachings before they went to Hell. just flipping through it again, the book is downright prophetic about the current configuration of the media-friendly-right/far-right alliance in the United States even though it focuses on Europe.