I can name 3 Polish framers
[account deactivated]
its kinda a grandma bike with the suspension fork and seatpost "for comfort" that do absolutely nothing, and the kind of saddle that only exists to sell to people who think saddles are chairs and say stuff like "my arse hurts, i must need more padding" instead of just letting their body adjust to a normal, correctly shaped one
also get some lights
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

yeah suspension does basicly nothing. you can also take out the brakes and just coast to a stop *looks at you with the biggest Uh Doy face ever*

it's an on-road bicycle that's got 70cm tall wheels. it has no need for suspension at all because what limited shocks and road noise a bike like this is going to experience can be absorbed almost entirely by a) the tyres (that's why you put air in them (dummy)), b) slight flex in an ordinary unsprung steel fork

see also: the overwhelming majority of bicycles ever produced *looks at you with the biggest Uh Doy face ever*

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tpaine are you actually unfamiliar with bikes and why they're designed the way they are, traditionally

there's a reason why before mountain biking became a sport the only time you ever saw front suspension on a bike was an american style childrens one, and proper adult bikes for commuting, sport and long distance travel (even with very heavy loads) would never, and still never, ever have them

it's because it's an unnecessary gimmick for an on-road bike

roseweird posted:

now that i have grammabike whats the best thing i can do to make it a cooler grammabike though

front basket, giant chrome bell that goes ding-dong

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

ok horse lord. i will do this for you.

also i can't tell if the suspension literally does nothing or if it just has an incredibly short travel. i can't feel any give in it at all. so will i hurt anything if i just cut the plastic cover off for a cleaner appearance?

It protects dirt from damaging the o-rings. But they're unnecessary for bicycles unless you're sloppin around in the mud

roseweird posted:

now that i have grammabike whats the best thing i can do to make it a cooler grammabike though

engine, air con, automatic windows, spoiler

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
your suspension fork is real but unnecessary, the first thing to check is if there's a lockout on it:

these were invented because the bike industry agrees with me and not tpain. what they do is lock the fork in one position so your suspension is turned off. because pedaling hard makes suspension forks act like pogosticks and waste energy, the idea is you leave them locked normally and only unlock it when you're on rough terrain

if it's not that then either its just too stiff to push with your hands (try sitting on the bike and rocking it) or its seized

don't cut the plastic off, its there to stop dirt getting in and jamming them up
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
who would want to own or ride a bike after reading this thread...
[account deactivated]
the vanguard bike-Owner

tears posted:

who would want to own or ride a bike after reading this thread...

not all of us get a lift home in Joti's merc

Edited by Horselord ()

dont feel bad rw.

im deadlifting 500+ and riding a version of this bad boy. dgaf. i had to get a good lock for it so nobody takes it because its so cool.

[account deactivated]
maybe i want you to slap me

also i thought you would appreciate a bike with suspension on the seat, you know,
[account deactivated]
well i would hope so, if you're 5,000 lbs thats like a pushup, right?

roseweird posted:

dear bicycle wizards please tell me if my bike has any coolness potential and if so how do i maximize my output of bikestyle

All bicycles reach the same maximum level of coolness when travelling over 30mph and yours is no exception

Edited by swampman ()

Horselord posted:

just letting their body adjust to a normal, correctly shaped one

ban this chucklefuck

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Themselves posted:

dont feel bad rw.

im deadlifting 500+ and riding a version of this bad boy. dgaf. i had to get a good lock for it so nobody takes it because its so cool.

beach cruisers own but nobody sells them here

tpaine, thanks for your contributions to this thread. horse av NEET lord please review this list of logical fallacies before engaging in debate and discussion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
[account deactivated]

Horselord posted:

your suspension fork is real but unnecessary, the first thing to check is if there's a lockout on it:

these were invented because the bike industry agrees with me

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority#False_authority

and not tpain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

what they do is lock the fork in one position so your suspension is turned off.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_intimidation

because pedaling hard makes suspension forks act like pogosticks and waste energy, the idea is you leave them locked normally and only unlock it when you're on rough terrain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettle_logic

that's interesting but how come you kiss your mother on the mouth