Old man playing chinese checkers looks up to see a small crowd of dismayed faces waiting for the bus. this means one thing only, somethings in the news. he dusts off his knock-off Crocs and walks over to the 7-11 to grab a newspaper. headline says: War-Ramble is Rising, Sun is Hot and Moon is Pissed. He recalls what Confucius said: "To lead an uninstructed people to war, is to throw them away." He spits, right in the middle of hte deli and walks out, grumbling an apathetic tone to the cashier, not having payed for the newspaper. the deli man shrugs and marks off another tick on a dusty notepad. a game of checkers, he thinks, all goes back to these horrible times and horrible things that happen to stupid people . if only all these young and restless bastards were old and arthritic like me, they would know how pointless war is. Besides, who conceived of these justifications? And When! WHen the hell did someone have the time to find a way to pollute the people with a Reason? Life is suffering, why make it any worse for each other? Is our history-keeping technology not advanced enough to remind people of what happens when we forget the past? Old man sits down in a crowd of other old men, playing chinese checkers, reading hte newspapers, spitting on the dirt, thinking to themselves... where is this passion coming from? Who are these people and why do they care so much? The gods must be crazy.
Is 7-11 really a deli? I'm going to have to call bullshit on this.
Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
Defcon 3 "lmao"
Make it a wawa and I'll upvote