CIA left explosive material on Loudoun school bus after training exercise
the explosive material was a copy of your posts, henry, because they are straight fire
whoa the CIA might have killed some kids if tis turned out different, it might be time to rein these chumps in
lol at them putting double quotes around “explosive training material” but not "left"
i wish i believed in fake school shootings & crisis actors because reading "oh yeah we put real bombs in school buses all the time" would be like slamming pure MDMA into my lacrimal caruncle
[account deactivated]
okay kids so today we're going to be doing an active exploding blender drill *begins to pour pitcher of nitroglycerin into a blender full of shrapnel* now i want everyone to be careful because this can be really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing

glomper_stomper posted:

after reading that, i spent almost an hour looking up active shooter drills. apparently, they were made mandatory in my home state a couple of years ago.

once a year, with a little advance warning, a cop shows up at my old high school and starts firing blanks at teachers and students caught in the corridors as they scream for help and bang on classroom doors. after that, everyone has a real good talk about how they handled the situation, the local police hand the principal a certificate for not leading their student body into a hypothetical massacre, and the process starts all over the next year with freshmen who've had the distinction of being terrified or desensitized by these spectacles since seventh grade.

what a country.

wow

[account deactivated]
lol if you believe the cia has a canine unit
lol if you think this was an accident and not a bungled operation to blow up a bus full of elementary school commie scum
Some jihadi have been leaving explosive material around some places recently As well, I've noticed.
SOCRATES: Now, is a man who kills men the same as a fire that kills men?
ANYTUS: Socrates, you are speaking foolishly. You know that a fire is not the same as a man, whatsoever it does.
SOCRATES: But those who die from a fire and those who die from the actions of a man are both in the same state, is that not so?
ANYTUS: Yes, that is so.
SOCRATES: And those with authority may extinguish a man who kills as they extinguish a fire that kills, is that not so? And may take measures to prevent such a thing as a matter of their duty to the state?
ANYTUS: I must admit that is so, Socrates.
SOCRATES: So it seems that a man who kills and a fire that kills are similar. Now let us consider the value of a man and the value of a fire, and whether both, one or neither may be guilty or innocent.
ANYTUS: Wait, back up a second, are you saying we should have fire sprinklers but for people like those turrets in "Aliens", that just pop out of the ceiling and spray the room down with hot lead?
SOCRATES: Perhaps that is so.
ANYTUS: Or just fill the room with deadly nerve gas!
SOCRATES: I think we may be getting a little off tr
ANYTUS: And big blue fire trucks only instead of fire hoses we'd have big M134s hanging off the side and they'd be like, kratakka-takka-takka-KA-KOW!
SOCRATES: What is that?
ANYTUS: That was a gas tank going up at the end there.
SOCRATES: I meant, what is an M134?
ANYTUS: Huh? Oh, that's like a fire hose but for bullets.
SOCRATES: This is probably a good ending point for today and we can pick this up tomorrow maybe
ANYTUS: Goddamnit Socrates do you have any idea how rich you are about to make the two of us?
damn the alain badiou modern reinterpretation of plato is more lively than i expected

glomper_stomper posted:

after reading that, i spent almost an hour looking up active shooter drills. apparently, they were made mandatory in my home state a couple of years ago.

once a year, with a little advance warning, a cop shows up at my old high school and starts firing blanks at teachers and students caught in the corridors as they scream for help and bang on classroom doors. after that, everyone has a real good talk about how they handled the situation, the local police hand the principal a certificate for not leading their student body into a hypothetical massacre, and the process starts all over the next year with freshmen who've had the distinction of being terrified or desensitized by these spectacles since seventh grade.

what a country.

Is Loundoun how they spell London in the UK
it's how they spell suburban hell in virginia

aerdil posted:

damn the alain badiou modern reinterpretation of plato is more lively than i expected

this is a good pull but it only serves to remind me how fucking terrible that book was

we should do rhizzone retranslations of classical works