I used to have hopes, aspirations, dreams, friends, fun, and non-alcoholic beverages. No more. I moved to Seattle, and having been here for a few months it is high time that I drink myself to death.

Any drunkspirational images or catchphrases would be appreciated during the brief moments of sobriety that I experience during the sad soggy remainder of my life.

fuck this awful city and everyone in it

i think i've finally run out of masochistic love for this stupid shitty city i live in. think it's time to head out east
Just try and do the opposite of this:

The Pacific NW is a nightmare; second only to maybe to New Mexico/Arizona.

shriekingviolet posted:

i think i've finally run out of masochistic love for this stupid shitty city i live in. think it's time to head out east

Rhizzone Avengers Assemble.

shriekingviolet posted:

i don't know what city that is but if it's seattle then i am sure you will better enjoy liquescently drowning your sorrows elsewhere

shriekingviolet posted:

laura palmer

fucking hipsters

It white.
the one good thing about seattle: there is no shortage of alcohol with which to drink until my poisoned liver cries its last desperate, cirrhotic gasp
red wine salute, comrade. this place is indeed a festering collection of the most worthless and self righteous liberal scum, and is the worst place ever, next to the rest of america.

but all the alcohol out here is either shit, or overpriced shit. their prized wines are awful boring shit just like all the people, anything worth drinking is crazy expensive, and all the beers are undrinkable awful bitter IPAs. Fortunately my diet of French, Spanish, and Portuguese red wines also helps prevent my dear sweet DMTD dollars from enrichening these godawful prius driving monkeys.
i agree in substance. one caveat: i do not turn up my nose at any beverage that could potentially be the next stepping stone on my life's journey ('s end, face down in sputum-laced vomit)

camera_obscura posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

i don't know what city that is but if it's seattle then i am sure you will better enjoy liquescently drowning your sorrows elsewhere

o edmonton, dark heart of the canadian petrostate. from hell's heart i barf at thee

y'all in seattle have had the ole "privatize the liquor industry while maintaining the regressive flat tax" thing hiking your prices, yeah? my condolences
ugh better drink up that's bro advice

shriekingviolet posted:

y'all in seattle have had the ole "privatize the liquor industry while maintaining the regressive flat tax" thing hiking your prices, yeah? my condolences

don't worry, everything else is so expensive generally that you don't even notice

The best thing about Seattle is that soon it will be scoured in Earth and Fire as either a volcano will annihilate the city or a 9.6 earthquake will shatter the land upon which it squats. Science has provided no reason to doubt that both could happen simultaneously. Hail Stalin.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

You're crazy. If you live in Seattle you should be smoking legal weed and playing video games

:goonsay:

[account deactivated]
I've never been to Seattle but I guarantee it is many factors better than the crimeridden jobless drugfilled hellhole in which I currently reside. Although its cheap as hell to drink hear

discipline posted:

What I live in a warzone trashcan. kvetch more about Seattle, PLEASE

if you have a problem with vacuity bordering on subhumanity (and I think you do) then you would probably have as much or more of a problem as I do with seattle, regardless of the availability of secular luxuries such as legal weed smoking and video games

seattle is the best city and ipa is the best beer
except for doub le ipa and triple ipa and so on. at some point you can't go on any more and that's the best beer

quavers posted:

ipas make me so fucking mad. don't bother making an actually good beer, just throw a shitton of hops into your half assed watery sewer brew and call it artisanal. makes me fucking sick.

[account deactivated]
ipads are ok but made with slave labor
it's really sunny and i'm reading ab ook and drinking a forester dipa. the book is molotov remembers he's telling stories about stalin. i wish i could share this happiness with you guys
i too am drinking a diaper

quavers posted:

it's really sunny and i'm reading ab ook and drinking a forester dipa. the book is molotov remembers he's telling stories about stalin. i wish i could share this happiness with you guys

molotov & stalin anecdotes are some of my favorites, partially because so many of them were fabricated propaganda by western press and it's almost impossible to tell what's real anymore. there's the one where stalin dumps a huge tray of ice cream onto molotov at an important diplomatic conference or something, and it doesn't matter that it's probably bullshit because i can see it in my mind's eye and I don't care, I love it.

i once told someone that i wasnt really a fan of ipas and that i enjoy lagers and sometimes put citrus fruit in my beer and the look on their face shifted from blank incomprehension to disgust to polite disdain and then they stopped talking to me shortly after

TG posted:

i once told someone that i wasnt really a fan of ipas and that i enjoy lagers and sometimes put citrus fruit in my beer and the look on their face shifted from blank incomprehension to disgust to polite disdain and then they stopped talking to me shortly after

scum. there's a medium-scale brewery out of calgary with a wheat ale that's really nice with a wedge of lemon or orange in the summer, one of my bar favorites

shriekingviolet posted:

quavers posted:

ipas make me so fucking mad. don't bother making an actually good beer, just throw a shitton of hops into your half assed watery sewer brew and call it artisanal. makes me fucking sick.

someone quote this so i can upvote it again tia

the sad thing is some of the small brewers out here can make a decent beer but wrapping their dicks with hops and fucking the bottles full is what sells out here so why bother? i moved out here from the midwest too which is a horrid shit place to live but at least they acknowledge that and deal with it by making some damn good beers. I wouldnt mind DMTD on beer from like wisconsin but fuck seattle

fuck seattle. Timbers 4 lyfe
guys were all friends whether we drink in seattle or calgary or wisconsin or anywhere else
last time i was actually in calgary I was there to see Swans, there was a massive flood that wound up destroying the downtown and cancelling the music festival midway through. also i guess some people died. as i staggered home after the show i crossed a bridge that was underwater by the time morning rolled around, it was a pretty cool experience
[account deactivated]