also im ifapping everyone who persistently claims personal agency can exist under capitalism, be careful

littlegreenpills posted:

also im ifapping everyone who persistently claims personal agency can exist under capitalism, be careful

exactly, there are very compelling reasons for you to keep eating. the corn money machine must be fed.

If everyone made healthy, financially prudent and rationally sound consumption choices the economy would collapse
Being fat sucks. People who pretend to have some weird ideology about it are just lying. Lots of people lie to feel better. That's why Churches can afford stained glass windows.

gwarp posted:

you must eat, you can't just quite "cold turkey."

wrong

getfiscal posted:

Being fat sucks. People who pretend to have some weird ideology about it are just lying. Lots of people lie to feel better. That's why Churches can afford stained glass windows.

I was fat for a couple years and you're right. However I can also tell you. Being skinny doesn't make anyone any less of a piece of shit first world pro exploiter hoagie overconsuming hoggie. It is immensely hypocritical to say "fat people need some self control" and then for example book a plane ticket, binge watch a tv series, charge a smartphone,..

conec posted:

fat people skinny shame normal women all the time anyway. i personally have been the victim of bullying by fat ppl. "you don't have curves like a real woman." "you have the body of a 12 year old" "men prefer curves~!!!!!" lmao yea.. bullsh`t.

two wrongs don't make a right.

swampman posted:

getfiscal posted:

I was fat for a couple years and you're right. However I can also tell you. Being skinny doesn't make anyone any less of a piece of shit first world pro exploiter hoagie overconsuming hoggie. It is immensely hypocritical to say "fat people need some self control" and then for example book a plane ticket, binge watch a tv series, charge a smartphone,..

I try to do three hypocritical things each day before brunch.

swampman posted:

getfiscal posted:

well that makes sense; the effects of gluttony are just more visible than the effects of the other stupid shit i and others do.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I would hardly even say "gluttony" is to blame as that implies some inherent fault in the person instead of a natural reaction to an advertisement- and HFCS-rich environment.

conec posted:

i fink i`ve been lucky so far but that i have to be proactive

Yes, you are lucky to have been raised in an environment that would inevitably expose you to such a nutrition-conscious internet forum.

a person would not respond in such a way to a HFCS and advertising rich environment unless there was an inherent flaw in the person. actually if there was not an inherent flaw in the person that environment would not exist in the first place
Perhaps we deserve this sin cursed world and the only way out is to seek hidden truths.
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

a person would not respond in such a way to a HFCS and advertising rich environment unless there was an inherent flaw in the person. actually if there was not an inherent flaw in the person that environment would not exist in the first place

swampman posted:

I would hardly even say "gluttony" is to blame as that implies some inherent fault in the person instead of a natural reaction to an advertisement- and HFCS-rich environment.

this!!! tHISS

everyone should smoke cigarettes because they help you eat less and they slowly kill you at the same time