where do we draw it?
and where and how does it intersect with the madness inducing anonymity of the internet, and paranoid or not so paranoid fears surrounding internet, free speech, encroaching authoritarianism(which, lest we forget, is a dialectical and immanent unfolding of liberal democracy, not some deviation: as Hegel made clear, modern liberal democracy inexorably ends up in authoritarianism,) etc. ...
the modern world is insane - would you not have to be insane yourself to think you could reconfigure it, or even tougher still, destroy it? that's why so many leftists, when they figure out that they are not likely to win, turn into conservatives, after their own happiness, just wanting to be left alone, to not be bothered by the big bad world
lmao
to the first question: a broken rewards system in the brain. if seeing blood running down the face of your enemy is the only thing that gets your neurons firing, then you're gonna end up "becoming" a fucking blood-crazed psychopath. they're already there. it's just not an easy fix for those fuckers and they wait for the opportunity
The thin line between being any sort of modern man and becoming a fucking blood-crazed psychopath
*barges in* oh hey guys *looks around... slowly backs away and runs out the door*
Just do whatever man there is no God life's a peach

building things, making music, taking drugs. not giving a fuck. nerds
[account deactivated]
at my pen0r lol
the more you learn about theory or whatever and how current events tie into it should at least give you the satisfaction that you are making sense of the world around you. when you feel outraged funnel it into something productive or at least appreciate that it means you still have a functioning sense of humanity. don't use despair at conditions as an excuse for hedonism, that doesn't make much sense to me
apparently senator john burton, the chairman of the california DNC is having a birthday party across campus, and i didn't spot any security. i have this powerful desire to sneak in and start stammering at him about marx
hi sosie.
the people saying "the police are the 99% too!"

aerdil posted:
apparently senator john burton, the chairman of the california DNC is having a birthday party across campus, and i didn't spot any security. i have this powerful desire to sneak in and start stammering at him about marx

Strap up.

aerdil posted:

this is why i chose the limit i just did. imagine that someone called security because they heard you were going to do that simply because it was some sort of act of defiance? if you knew that this person was going to do something like that before you even said you were going to do it, it would be hard to determine whether or not the way you were should act towards that person is the result of paranoia.

the weirdness is the extent to which we have normalized such an extraordinary police state!

test test test
there are no lines binaries & demarcations, only flows
The mistake is more fundamental; the common sort are not meant to concern themselves with social justice on anything approaching a grand scale. For the people; And truly I desire their liberty and freedom as much as anybody whomsoever, but I must tell you, that their liberty and freedom consists in having of government; those laws by which their life and their goods may be most their own. It is not for having share in government that is pertaining to them; A subject and a sovereign are clean different things,

Lykourgos posted:
The mistake is more fundamental; the common sort are not meant to concern themselves with social justice on anything approaching a grand scale. For the people; And truly I desire their liberty and freedom as much as anybody whomsoever, but I must tell you, that their liberty and freedom consists in having of government; those laws by which their life and their goods may be most their own. It is not for having share in government that is pertaining to them; A subject and a sovereign are clean different things,

agreed

stop buying weed, shit, lines, ideologies, and belief systems from strangers who don't offer layaway
[account deactivated]

sosie posted:
where do we draw it?

where ever it's drawn, may it be with the blood of the bourgeoisie