i don't know,is there? I'm saying, that when I look at your posts they don't seem to put you in a position to criticize others. Just imo.
your posting
most people don't have to be bad psters. U can become a better poster by posting good posts, thats the prescription of Dr Dholes creator of the account (Ret.) that probably has the best post to upvote ratio of any account on this entire site.
your posting,
you took offense for me sayin tpaine is a better poster than most? lol

good posters, bad posters, lurkers and even those who dont read rzone can see it bye
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
oh right he's your idk thing
[account deactivated]
wow. i apologized for getting carried away. u sure showed me?
Sorry, got a little carried away there and said you were ruining the forum by being a huge slut, but mainly it was your fault. Cya.
[account deactivated]
i said opposite of slut. its men infantilizing women

its literally a pm that makes me look reasonable about offending someone (while comments on goatstein's wife and daughter is a-ok)
You were being the opposite of a slut, which is a huge slut. Peace.
Prospero I want to urge you to consider that you can get better at posting instead of arguing the diagnosis. This was the original intent of ifap but you can ifap your own heart even as your body posts free.
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

in an attempt to back pedal after u realized u were teetering on the entry point to every`1s sh`d list

how would i leave people's "sh`d list" through a private message?

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, conec starts posting.

Edited by Lykourgos ()

[account deactivated]
"Sublimated"
To divert the energy associated with (an unacceptable impulse or drive) into a personally and socially acceptable activity.

hence a 'shitty joke' on your gugugaga nasty pigs schtick
[account deactivated]
no you're right it all went according to plan, i'm leaving the people's "sh`d list" now with my pm
[account deactivated]
"Damn, that thread about the classics is actually on point and valid, better have tpaine and conec post rubbish so we can dodge it and go back to irrelevant decrepit authors like marx."
liquorsgross, i feel like if you made a real commitment to learning to walk in the path of christ that you'd be able to really turn a corner. good luck.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
conec read the op and join the actual discussion for once, rather than post nonsense and drama with horrid typos

roseweird posted:

lykourgos who exactly do you see as the target audience for your essay

all people of quality, but really it's for everyone; the scope of Hollywood's devastation reaches us all

roseweird posted:

what do u think of the classical scholarship of jane ellen harrison and walter burkert lykourgos

I don't

roseweird posted:

i mean u posted it at this forum, do you actually think this place is full of ppl who went to see 300 and then believed it as a historical document. or do u really believe that the most useful thing a person with classical learning can write is something like your recent effort

I don't think people here literally believe that the Persians deployed rhinoceros cavalry at Thermopylae. I hope you will read the rest of the OP rather than focus on such a small sliver of detail; the topic raised is hardly about whether people treat 300 as the gospel truth. It's about moral issues, human development, rewards and punishments, and how society should be ordered and maintained.

My recent effort is useful and helpful, but it can be improved upon. I have ideas on how to further expand it, but in its current state it's a good length for a thread and the front page.

roseweird posted:

please try to become an earnest classicist, philosopher, and moralist and stop using this field of study as a clown mask. it is rude

The clown mask is worn by academics and modernists who have no interest in actually applying the classics today. Part of being an earnest classicist, philosopher, and moralist is actually taking classical wisdom and ensuring that it continues to shape our actions and standards today.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
if you want to say retard why dont you say retard
since this is the best thread on the fora i will post this here: i was just thinking about when i lived in a small apartment unit in toronto with my friend in 2012. it was above a restaurant and the other unit was just these two young women. anyway one day my landlord showed up with a letter giving notice that either we or the two women next door should stop flushing random garbage down the toilet because it was causing problems in the pipes. and i was like oh like paper towels. and the landlord looked really tired and worn down and was like no man... no. like a bunch of toilet paper tubes. and i was like huh. and he's like i don't know man, someone is flushing a bunch of toilet paper tubes down their toilet. and i laughed and he did not laugh and then left. anyway a few weeks later we got a long note saying that it kept happening again and that they would take action if it didn't stop. i dunno it makes me laugh.
yesssssss

http://bit.ly/1hCxK2K

this is awesome

thank you rhizzone you're awesome discipline

Edited by Lykourgos ()

i dont geddit shirley, like, why flush the paper if you not gonna flush the tube, just aint hygenic
she can't spell... stop shaming her
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]