[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
every programmer i know sells weed
[account deactivated]
yeah real scientists/engineers grow it themselves.
oh also no one ever posted this

this thread is altogether tai long le
marriage-haver checking in. Love is true and wonderful.
thread is taken over by married folk, take a back seat to holy matrimony, singles.
[account deactivated]

guidoanselmi posted:

oh also no one ever posted this

I am way too honest for love, which at its root is based on lies.

so far the most appealing message i've gotten

this thread is patient, this thread is kind. it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. it does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. this thread does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Reading this thread, it was suddenly so clear. The thread would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this thread was the only one that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.
[account deactivated]
You wake up at SomethingAwful, WDDP, Metafilter. You wake up at 4chan, Disqus, UrbanBaby. IP.Board, DjangoBB, vBulletin. Lose an upvote, gain an upvote. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at GaiaOnline. If you wake up at a different time, in a different thread, could you wake up as a different poster?
some people here have woken up as mustang

gyrofry posted:

Reading this thread, it was suddenly so clear. The thread would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this thread was the only one that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.

[account deactivated]
ive fallen in love over the last week but i hate myself more since
[account deactivated]
becuz ive found some1 worth comparin myself to and i realize what a pos i am
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
ty conec that is gr8 advice
i have tried this from time to time and my mouth literally seizes up before i can get the words out rofl
lie face down on your kitchen floors and say "I am a spirit of pure positive energy alive in a wonderland of light!" through a mouthful of cookies and tears
focus on your breathing and try to imagine that the joy division cover band with the prog drummer that practices two feet above your six foot six inch ceilings is actually joy division back before they were famous - anything is possible in the magical world out there
leave a voicemail for your ex-spouse, faking the happiness you would feel if you were still happily married and your child was still alive, until you start feeling joyous in spite of yourself!
depression is often caused by lack of exposure to natural sunlight - try queueing up videos of sunrises on youtube to turn the bottom bunk into an area of healing, until you can afford to move somewhere with windows
There are a variety of self-affirming phrases that can be repeated aloud, like a mantra to help you through tough times. Some examples:
"Strangers aren't suspicious that I'm a fraud"
"My obsession with money and self-preservation is the norm, these days"
"That rash is going away again"
"At least I have a Master's"
"Drew Carey"
sometimes it can help to just cut yourself a little. moderation is key.
[account deactivated]
on the plus side i got tested friday since ive been doing some sketchy shit with strangers. my test results came back negative for stds but epically positive for aids and fail
[account deactivated]