This thread has literally been claimed by teh gay cum daddies

TG posted:

i do find it interesting that nobody ive shared with has advised me to just tell her how i feel and see how that goes.

were mean but were not THAT mean

have you considered maybe just asking her out on a date rather than pouring your heart and soul out to her and thus making yourself as emotionally vulnerable and sexually unattractive as possible?

weve been on a few "dates", as in dinner or activities with just the two of us, but no overall declaration that This Is a Date

this all came to fruition, btw, because the other night i invited her out to hang with friends and she told me she was going on a date with another guy. the fact that shes comfortable telling me this leads me to believe she has no romantic interest in me or shed probably try to hide that fact, no?

its going to be nice when this thread is gassed so i dont have to remember that day i turned to the rHizzoneE.net for advice on my lady troubles

TG posted:

weve been on a few "dates", as in dinner or activities with just the two of us, but no overall declaration that This Is a Date

this all came to fruition, btw, because the other night i invited her out to hang with friends and she told me she was going on a date with another guy. the fact that shes comfortable telling me this leads me to believe she has no romantic interest in me or shed probably try to hide that fact, no?

it could mean that, or it could mean shes trying to make you jealous or put you under a deadline to light a fire under your ass so youll actually ask her out on a real date. stop trying to "figure things out" (which is not only impossible, but will actually paralyze you more and more with inaction the more information you have) and just ask her out on a DATE. none of this "lets hang out" shit. Call it a Date. Use the word Date.

why do you think dumb inconsiderate people are able to succeed socially as well as they do? because they just DO shit instead of thinking about it all day. nobody knows whats going on in your head, youre not getting any bonus points for that shit

TG posted:

swampman i think youre way off but i understand that you probably just assume im some goony goon goon so whatever

i do try really hard to get outside myself and view the situation in a healthy way. i know nobody owes me anything romantic or sexual, but does that make me happy that im not getting any romantic or sexual attention? like i said, my normal reaction to this situation is to continue just being friends and subsuming my romantic feelings, coming to grips with the fact that theyre unrequited and enjoying a fruitful relationship with a number of women in my life. its really great to have people who enjoy my company and trust me and that i have a connection with on a personal level

im just despairing a bit because im in a rough situation where meeting women that i have a lot in common with is looking pretty unlikely

strangely enough, i knew my last ex for 3-4 months as a close friend before we started dating, so i know its possible. its also possible that that was an outlier and its giving me false hope

i do find it interesting that nobody ive shared with has advised me to just tell her how i feel and see how that goes. i could see it getting awkward, but i think itd make me feel better because id at least have taken a positive step and gotten something off my chest. best case scenario, it turns out she feels the same way and was just waiting for me to do something, worst case, she gently tells me she doesnt and i take a little break to let my wounded heart heal, which shell probably be understanding about

iwc, my humor is not really self-deprecating any more, i was like that in my early 20s but realized it wasnt really healthy. i think youre spot on about the not being assertive when i have romantic feelings though. in an ideal world i wouldnt be expected to make the first move. i guess im just some sort of beta??

also im currently reading caliban and the witch so dont you dare question my feminist credentials

fwiw i definitely don't think you're a goony goony, i know the feeling and position here. One tough thing straight up in reponse to

tell her how I feel

it's my experience that as a dude there are very few instances where people care how you feel. Your mum, siblings maybe, close trusted bros or an empathetic and loving long-term partner. A far more relevant metric here is how you make her feel. Will baring your insecurities and vulnerability make her attracted to you?

*shakes 8 ball*.....

you can't really negotiate desire with emotional honesty in the framework of a The-Case-For-Us-Fucking-Slide 1(a).... verbal powerpoint presentation.

BUT, if you are prepared to accept the consequences and get shut down, while also be willing to change how you do things next time then you can chalk it up to a learning experience. Does she have a 'type' btw?

i do try really hard to get outside myself and view the situation in a healthy way. i know nobody owes me anything romantic or sexual, but does that make me happy that im not getting any romantic or sexual attention? like i said, my normal reaction to this situation is to continue just being friends and subsuming my romantic feelings, coming to grips with the fact that theyre unrequited and enjoying a fruitful relationship with a number of women in my life. its really great to have people who enjoy my company and trust me and that i have a connection with on a personal level

it's ok, you don't have to qualify any of that with me. You think you're a pretty decent guy, good company and conversation, sociable enough, not a weird loser, so it's frustrating when that doesn't translate into romance/sex.

Options

a) Continue the same pattern, let resentment and frustration grow, let the negativity come to define you

b) Continue the same pattern while busying yourself with other distractions or a career or whatever: By the time you're 35 you'll have no shortage of women who would like to marry you but they may not desire you

c) Accept that for all your good qualities, you (like the vast majority of men) will not have women pursue you sexually. Examine patterns of failure, draw conclusions, then chalk 'em up to experience. Take strength from your good qualities and build a confident narrative for yourself in which you, not your love interest, is the focus. And most of all, next time you meet a woman who takes your eye, don't opt for the well-maybe-if-i-get-to-know-her-as-a-friend-first.... way of thinking.

d) become gay and/or muslim

its really great to have people who enjoy my company and trust me and that i have a connection with on a personal level

but also it would be great to have people who enjoy your D, because that's the sort of connection on a personal level you're after.

TG posted:

Does she complain about the guy/s she's gone on dates with to you?

Also: did you feel hurt or anxious when she told you that but you swallowed your pride and just sort of played along like you weren't bothered and that she was just pragmatically informing you of her schedule like she was just one of your male friends?

*checks watch*... take your time, i can push my 4 o clock out another half hour, we're making progress...

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

yeah we're big boys and gals who can handle some discussion right?

i mean this is loosely the same group of people who have had to form various online forums because the previous ones collapsed due to infighting and various forms of madness. so, likely not.

IWC is right, as usual. The second you start talking about YOUR feelings and how she makes YOU feel, its no longer about her and her feelings anymore, and shes going to lose interest, if not be outright repulsed. Youre going to just have to suck it up and accept that this and any other relationship you have will be necessarily and irredeemably marred by the narcissism and selfish inwardness inherent to Late Capitalism, rather than the empathic web of mutual benefit and bonhomie every good Communist holds up as his Social Ideal. If you ever want to get laid again, im sorry....but youll have to become a Trot
ask her over to come watch a movie, cuddle, & take it from there. ~yw~
i think youre dead on on a number of points. i tend to be too proud, vaguely narcissistic, so i dont change my approach, i just curse the unjust universe.

idk about her type, but shes a bit younger than i am, mid 20s, with about a year of non-school experience, whereas ive got about 5 years of "real world" living. i do think being in school helps retard ones development; my experience with law school is that its virtually the same social scene as high school, but most everyone is a type a person

Also: did you feel hurt or anxious when she told you that but you swallowed your pride and just sort of played along like you weren't bothered and that she was just pragmatically informing you of her schedule like she was just one of your male friends?

it was just the one time, so not enough info there

i definitely felt hurt but went with it like it was no thing. granted, this was over texts, so its not hard to be blase about it

youre so easy to talk to, definitely worth the $75 an hour you charge!

charles manson has gf

you have no excuse

guidoanselmi posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

yeah we're big boys and gals who can handle some discussion right?

i mean this is loosely the same group of people who have had to form various online forums because the previous ones collapsed due to infighting and various forms of madness. so, likely not.

i like to think there's something slightly different in the lf->rhizzone disposition that separates it from the infighting and policing that are wreacking havoc on other leftist communities.

i mean we're practically *not* leftist on this forum. we're all infected with fail aids more than anything else.

guest posted:

charles manson has gf

you have no excuse

mustang

Edited by blinkandwheeze ()

Superabound posted:

using Friendship to get you a job: totally valid
using Friendship to get a good deal on a used car: totally valid
using Friendship to get you good drugs: totally valid
using Friendship to get you access to a swimming pool: totally valid
using Frendship to let you play Super Mario Bros 3 because your parents are too poor to buy it for you: totally valid

using Friendship to get close to a person you care about more than any other human being on earth, to find out what theyre like, how they think, how they feel, their hopes, dreams, values, desires, worldview, to get both a general and in depth idea of what, of WHO this person really is deep down inside, BEFORE you have sex with them? what are you, some kind of objectifying misogynist??

lmao, epic post, very convincing

kind of a strawman though cos of course people dont dislike the friendzone crew because they start as friends and hope to eventually have a romantic relationship..they get shit on because they act with entitlement, as if they "deserve" the woman as a gf and as if the woman is fucking them over by being only interested in being friends.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

lol whats going on in this thread btw. i'm out of here.

yeah thats probably best

getfiscal posted:

let deadken be deadken.

i am that which i am

i get all my relationship advice from danny brown, schoolboy q, and s$ap rocky. these people don't feel the need to constantly & needlessly over-analyse every minute aspect of their interpersonal interactions and as a result have lives free from the kind of petty neuroses that seem to plague every single person on this forum. try it out maybe
tg do you actually love this person or are they just someone conveniently nearby, a person-shaped mould for you to pour all your frustrated longings into. do their actual attributes have anything to do with this or are they just another iteration in a long line of 'sensitive' twentysomethings you turn into master-signifiers with little regard for their opinion on the matter. it is important for communists to be brutally honest about these things
[account deactivated]
i can't believe i just read that entire post

deadken posted:

tg do you actually love this person or are they just someone conveniently nearby, a person-shaped mould for you to pour all your frustrated longings into. do their actual attributes have anything to do with this or are they just another iteration in a long line of 'sensitive' twentysomethings you turn into master-signifiers with little regard for their opinion on the matter. it is important for communists to be brutally honest about these things

to be brutally honest all your projection is sad to watch

what i find interesting is the fact that none of you are ascribing her any agency in this situation, as if i decided to do something & then did it without any element of mutuality or communication, which is patently not the case given that women are people with interiority and desires and so on rather than passive objects of male whims
pretty much all posts itt need to be rewritten to lead with the phrase, "So here's what's going on with me:"
im not a stimulant addict lol i do cocaine on weekends like once a month and amphetamines even less frequently these days. but thank you for the gesture of reconciliation roseweird i too would like everybody to be friends and also for this thread to be gassed immediately
lol a hundred times @ the rhizzone giving legitimately decent relationship advice

TG posted:

i think youre dead on on a number of points. i tend to be too proud, vaguely narcissistic, so i dont change my approach, i just curse the unjust universe.

idk about her type, but shes a bit younger than i am, mid 20s, with about a year of non-school experience, whereas ive got about 5 years of "real world" living. i do think being in school helps retard ones development; my experience with law school is that its virtually the same social scene as high school, but most everyone is a type a person

it was just the one time, so not enough info there

i definitely felt hurt but went with it like it was no thing. granted, this was over texts, so its not hard to be blase about it

youre so easy to talk to, definitely worth the $75 an hour you charge!

The insularity of university, high-school social isolation or selling a condo to forrest gump are all definitely things that can severely retard a man's development. Modernity and technology have profaned many old traditions (good and bad) and replaced such narratives with:

- a hyper-competitive, dog eat dog education/business ponzi scheme for those who want traditional establishment success

- a giant punishment carousel for those who have zero use to capitalism

- the wild-card promise of instant celebrity hyperfame or

- for the vast majority of average western schlubs: boring-ass jobs with little promise of anything better BUT: neutralized from revolt/violence/politics by this odd little cyberhegemony that's developing around us. the internet IS soma: if you can't make real meaningful friendships irl then you will find a forum, you have an obtuse interest or hobby that sort of defines you? Here's a messageboard, your work is meaningless? here's some funny youtube videos lol! if you can't find a woman, here enough graphic visceral sexuality on-command to take the edge off indefinitely.

you might notice what's missing in all of these any structures or rites-of-passage to help a boy navigate his way through them, indeed much of it is un-navigable*

*with the exception of one prominent demographic group in Western countries which consistently commits it's children to those rites of passage, has extensive community support and the teaching of a coherent cultural history. They're also doing pretty well for themselves)

Man between this sort of thing and the amount of people who said they were in gifted classes in elementary school i'm beginning to think that the social location and formative thinking of rhizzone posters isn't the most diverse one!

this is the catch-22 though and what separates you from the goony goon basement goony goon or bitter, whining MRA guy. This right here:

i tend to be too proud, vaguely narcissistic, so i dont change my approach

is the exact same confidence/assertiveness potential that when mastered has been the driving force of every man who's ever been anything, from Nelson Mandela to Hugo Schwyzer. One learnt how to use it and tame it better than the other.

i just curse the unjust universe.

this is a combination of apathy and fear of failure i think and is understandable but unfortunately it substantially limits the previous drive. But it's still not really a deep insecurity or anxiety because let's face it we're (i'm assuming...) middle class white dudes. Women have to constantly navigate complicated and burdensome social expectations and behaviours and their old certainties have been upended and muddled to a stupendous degree. 1 in 4 american women are on psychoactive meds, the celebrity hype machine and the social expectations it creates must be tremendously hard to ignore, they are judged and sorted by their bodies far more than we will ever be while conflicting ideologies and agendas nurture anxieties which are then scooped up and sold back to them.

In our cultural environment of open emotional discussion, trauma, sharing and validation it's tempting for you as a dude to feel that understanding and identifying with this will bring them closer to you; that if you share your burdens and communicate with the same nuance and sensitivity that she does then she will find in you the ally she needs.

Problem is that her anxieties aren't yours and even if they were it's the last thing she needs. Your fundamental insecurity is that you feel frustrated that no sex seems to come your way despite having what i assume is a good academic history/future prospects and a healthy, comfortable physicality. Needless to say, that's not a combination of problems faced by many women.

Don't rail against the unjust world (for yourself at least, nothing wrong with anger at injustice): You grew up in a social paradigm that's less than half a century old and is anything but intuitive for all except the lucky few Naturals. Don't seek to cast blame, balance your ledgers, honestly process your desires and re-arrange your frame towards self-belief rather than self-doubt.

tl;dr: throw some historical materialism on those friend zone Ds and redeploy that erratic internal arrogance into stable external confidence

Actual practical advice regarding this lady: Take another woman out on a date then tell her about it

deadken posted:

what was it like

thirdplace posted:

lol a hundred times @ the rhizzone giving legitimately decent relationship advice

where

[account deactivated]
i've decided not to gas this thread for now.
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

deadken posted:

what was it like

it was ok

[account deactivated]