Do we have a schedule on part two? I guess I could make a comment or two about part one, but is it really worth discussing? Whatever value it has must lie with what baby finland said, that it is for particular circumstances.

DRUXXX posted:
Next time Let's Read: something of value - I thought something funny might come out of this but not really lol its pretty bland crazy revolutionary dictator shit which, as I've said all along, was to be expected

Any suggestions? I can think of some ancient texts that are short but still insightful. I just reread Plato's Statesman, and I think the last third is concise and would make for some good posts. If that's too short, maybe book one and two of nicomachean ethics.

the open society and its enemies, volumes 1 and 2
actually, a let's read on either schopenhauer's The World As Will and Representation or being and time would be pretty cool
we should choose something short and easily digestible and something that some other people have already read i think
imo we just discuss thd whole book like a week after new years? obviously a week from right now wont work cause of christmas so i was waiting to schedule anything
let's read threads need to be like those video game threads where only one guy reads it and tells everybody what to think

Impper posted:
let's read threads need to be like those video game threads where only one guy reads it and tells everybody what to think

I want you to do another thread like the one you did on ecce homo in wddp. That was you right? I really enjoyed it and I had never read any Nietzsche before it. It spurred me on to read a bunch of his books.

noavbazzer posted:

Impper posted:

I want you to do another thread like the one you did on ecce homo in wddp. That was you right? I really enjoyed it and I had never read any Nietzsche before it. It spurred me on to read a bunch of his books.

yeah that was mine hehe. not a bad thread if ido say so myself. maybe it should be posted here as a front page article?

i always think to do threads like that but to be honest if i'm in a wildly creative mood and have some free hours i prefer writing my novels and such. luckily i was at work when i was able to write the ecce homo thread

also if you enjoyed that thread you should read my kobe bryant book when or if it's released. it's essentially the same thing
impper seriously wut is ur aim u fuckin dingus
i posted it at you you weirdo. impling04

i even tried to aim you but it kept saying youre unavailable

im going to bed. we'll talk later my friend
o i never saw it
How about War is a Racket by Smedley Butler?
Let's Read: Adorno's Negative Dialectics
[account deactivated]
im down for negative dialectics i read it in highschool but i dont remember that much of it since that was like a whole 6 or 8 months ago

Edited by DRUXXX ()

i was too busy devouring debord
lol we r trots
trit trot
[account deactivated]
ur not anything unless you are Doing it so i dont think we even qualify as trots here
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

this could be funny if it was like that piece-by-piece dissection of Left Behind where someoen posts excerpts of something dumb & tears it down