hahahahahahh, he got banned, for laughing, they banned laughter. The laughter of children is the guard against totalitarianism. They've banned it, they've banned the laughter of chi ldren.
\
This reminds me, remember when Obama's Office of Information head Cass Sunstein advocated the government infiltrate online extremist groups? http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1084585

Many millions of people hold conspiracy theories; they believe that powerful people have worked together in order to withhold the truth about some important practice or some terrible event. A recent example is the belief, widespread in some parts of the world, that the attacks of 9/11 were carried out not by Al Qaeda, but by Israel or the United States. Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories may create serious risks, including risks of violence, and the existence of such theories raises significant challenges for policy and law. The first challenge is to understand the mechanisms by which conspiracy theories prosper; the second challenge is to understand how such theories might be undermined. Such theories typically spread as a result of identifiable cognitive blunders, operating in conjunction with informational and reputational influences. A distinctive feature of conspiracy theories is their self-sealing quality. Conspiracy theorists are not likely to be persuaded by an attempt to dispel their theories; they may even characterize that very attempt as further proof of the conspiracy. Because those who hold conspiracy theories typically suffer from a crippled epistemology, in accordance with which it is rational to hold such theories, the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups. Various policy dilemmas, such as the question whether it is better for government to rebut conspiracy theories or to ignore them, are explored in this light.

it'll be really funny if that idiot hole is being torn apart because of their degeneracy. Silencing the laughter of children, criminals!

[account deactivated]
The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution has settled accounts with the renegade, hidden traitor and scab Liu Shao-chi for his criminal attempt to kill the study of philosophy by workers, peasants and soldiers.
I'm tryin to read God and The State and it reads like gobbledegook, I mean I like writing like that but I don't wanna read like that too! Is it just fairytale bullshit or do I need to get go of my need for A Deeper Analysis before it opens up?

cleanhands posted:
I'm tryin to read God and The State and it reads like gobbledegook, I mean I like writing like that but I don't wanna read like that too! Is it just fairytale bullshit or do I need to get go of my need for A Deeper Analysis before it opens up?

dont read trash, read this http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Glory-Theological-Government-Aesthetics/dp/0804760160/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

omg someone please c+p the relevant posts
amphetamines, mother
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

cleanhands posted:

dont read trash, read this http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Glory-Theological-Government-Aesthetics/dp/0804760160/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

this looks cool

aerdil posted:
ahahahha its definitely easier to get banned from wddp than SA

well yeah, because everyone knows each other there, it's not a 'totalitarian' state so much as a family, with all its revolting oedipal tensions..... zizek writes that the dominant attitude of authoritarian states is not one of oppression but one of mercy.... everyone is a criminal, but the state in its leniency decides not to punish most of them.... i think he's right, sa is a lot like that, wddp aims for reconciliation and consensus which is admirable but of course the result is a tyranny far more insidious than that of lowtax, hitler or stalin....... the tyranny of good (wo)men

stegosaurus posted:
I got a book, selected essays on philosophy by workers peasants and soldiers, foreign languages press peking 1971, for my wddp secret santa but I'm going to scan it and put it somewhere because its really good

that looks awesome

a cool blogger wrote a pretty awesome post about that book on philosophy by workers, peasants, and soldiers.

http://moufawad-paul.blogspot.com/2011/12/on-attempts-to-massify-philosophy.html

Still, the fact that workers and peasants were studying philosophy in the context of their own concrete circumstances should be treated by those of us who claim to be marxists as tremendously exciting. Even more exciting is the fact that these essays were published. We need to imagine what it would be like for a worker or peasant who, previous to the revolution, was treated as "stupid" and less important than those who were privileged to attend university. Suddenly these people are encouraged to study philosophy, are told that their labour is just as important (if not more so) than the contemplative labour of those who spend all their time in the ivory tower, and get to see their essays printed in magazines and books. The idea was to try and transform every worker into an intellectual, and every intellectual into a worker.

A similar approach happened with art during the GPCR: suddenly everyone from every point in life was producing literature and posters. As Mobo Gao pointed out in Battle For China's Past, regardless of the often didactic and perhaps crude artistic nature of these attempts, we should be impressed by the fact that there was a pursuit of mass art––the rise of cultural sites of production was unprecedented. Peasant and worker artists were showing their work at galleries alongside the more "respectable" artists; even if we might take issue with the aesthetic quality of most of what was produced, we cannot deny that this situation, because it was casting the net wide in an attempt to turn the masses into artists or art critics, also led to the production of some very significant art installations such as Rent Collection Courtyard.

In any case, just as there was an attempt to massify art, there was an attempt to massify philosophy. To pour scorn on these attempts is to pour scorn on those who, for the first time in their lives, were participating in privileged sites of production. So what if much of their art or philosophy was not as "aesthetically worthy" or "intellectually rigorous" as those who scorn their attempts complain? Derision here is anti-marxist: it is anti-worker and anti-peasant––this is the intellectual elitism that is contingent on the contradiction between mental and manual labour. Academic marxists, regardless of their political commitment, are just as prone to experiencing this elitism as other academics.

thats where I found out about it. there's an essay on using dialectics to drive safely that describes my exact work driving posture. I'd always tried to be safe but who knew I was applying mao zedong thought behind the wheel of my tug?
the real december 2011 contest should have been 'selected essays on the study of 'selected essays on the study of philosophy by workers peasants and soldiers' by rhizzone posters'

deadken posted:

aerdil posted:

well yeah, because everyone knows each other there, it's not a 'totalitarian' state so much as a family, with all its revolting oedipal tensions..... zizek writes that the dominant attitude of authoritarian states is not one of oppression but one of mercy.... everyone is a criminal, but the state in its leniency decides not to punish most of them.... i think he's right, sa is a lot like that, wddp aims for reconciliation and consensus which is admirable but of course the result is a tyranny far more insidious than that of lowtax, hitler or stalin....... the tyranny of good (wo)men

so whats rhizzone

stegosaurus posted:
thats where I found out about it. there's an essay on using dialectics to drive safely that describes my exact work driving posture. I'd always tried to be safe but who knew I was applying mao zedong thought behind the wheel of my tug?

can u elaborate

babyfinland posted:

deadken posted:

aerdil posted:

so whats rhizzone

expat bar on the principality of sealand

that book by Marcuse on Hegel ownss

aerdil posted:
ive started reading journey to the end of the night... whoa.. wow.. damn. its hitting me like a brick. far more powerful and nihilistic than houellebecq, celine is..amazing.

cheers to dr. desdouche or whatever an d all the life he brought us in his times

i been reading the street of crocodiles by bruno schulz.... at first i didnt like it all that much, it had the same over-ornate flowery wankoprose that i find irritating in proust, indulgent metaphors, writing with the consistency of molasses, and maybe it's just the translation but i found some of the language a bit clunky, it didn't have the same graceful flow proust's does..... and there's a pervasive misogyny i found far more overbearing than the open naked misogyny of nietzsche or celine, a real terror of female sexuality.... but then sometimes there's stuff like this:

Homicide is not a sin. It is sometimes a necessary violence on resistant and ossified forms of existence which have ceased to be amusing. In the interests of an important and fascinating experiment, it can even become meritorious. Here is the starting point of a new apologia for sadism.

that actually seems to work good for what he's saying, but it sounds like he's just about to repeat the premise for crime and punishment or whatever
lol no its not that kind of book at all.... the short story 'the street of crocodiles' itself is really good, less flowery, less fuckin oedipal the whole time
ya that was difficult for me to read so i just had to resist it somehow. some people's brainthinks are not set up for mine

Impper posted:
ya that was difficult for me to read so i just had to resist it somehow. some people's brainthinks are not set up for mine

i think you mean "brainvoice" heh.

i think you mean bran flakes
just finished reading "I'm Not Stiller" by max frisch; i read it incredibly slowly. on the next to last page the enormity of the book's movement, the aggressiveness with which it attacked artifice, fictions, hypocrisies, its indictment of (our] god complex, the revelation of {my] wasted life that will not be recovered or rectified, struck me all at once: there is a precise moment that the falsity of subjectivity is revealed, as if god shone down a light in order to tell me that i've been blind all along. and i started to cry . . . the first time i've done that with a book in a very long time. highly recommended
im reading that now! spoiler that shit bro
i dont wanna find out about any scathing indictments until i get to them!! wraaagh
I got hegel's phenomenology of spirit and kierkegaard's either/or for Christmas, still reading journey to the end of the night & anti-oedipus. I need no social life
[account deactivated]
i got a cardigan. i wanted althusser. eff you mom u bougie fuck.

pogfan1996 posted:
a cool blogger wrote a pretty awesome post about that book on philosophy by workers, peasants, and soldiers.

http://moufawad-paul.blogspot.com/2011/12/on-attempts-to-massify-philosophy.html

Still, the fact that workers and peasants were studying philosophy in the context of their own concrete circumstances should be treated by those of us who claim to be marxists as tremendously exciting. Even more exciting is the fact that these essays were published. We need to imagine what it would be like for a worker or peasant who, previous to the revolution, was treated as "stupid" and less important than those who were privileged to attend university. Suddenly these people are encouraged to study philosophy, are told that their labour is just as important (if not more so) than the contemplative labour of those who spend all their time in the ivory tower, and get to see their essays printed in magazines and books. The idea was to try and transform every worker into an intellectual, and every intellectual into a worker.

A similar approach happened with art during the GPCR: suddenly everyone from every point in life was producing literature and posters. As Mobo Gao pointed out in Battle For China's Past, regardless of the often didactic and perhaps crude artistic nature of these attempts, we should be impressed by the fact that there was a pursuit of mass art––the rise of cultural sites of production was unprecedented. Peasant and worker artists were showing their work at galleries alongside the more "respectable" artists; even if we might take issue with the aesthetic quality of most of what was produced, we cannot deny that this situation, because it was casting the net wide in an attempt to turn the masses into artists or art critics, also led to the production of some very significant art installations such as Rent Collection Courtyard.

In any case, just as there was an attempt to massify art, there was an attempt to massify philosophy. To pour scorn on these attempts is to pour scorn on those who, for the first time in their lives, were participating in privileged sites of production. So what if much of their art or philosophy was not as "aesthetically worthy" or "intellectually rigorous" as those who scorn their attempts complain? Derision here is anti-marxist: it is anti-worker and anti-peasant––this is the intellectual elitism that is contingent on the contradiction between mental and manual labour. Academic marxists, regardless of their political commitment, are just as prone to experiencing this elitism as other academics.

This is my vision of rhizzone. Fuck the fam.

reading gadaffi background info. Gadafi: Voice of the Desert

i got several heideggers because its the sort of thing i absolutely must make marginal notes on as i read so pdfs or library is out
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
but did you get heidegger
i tried to read heidegger and the word Daesin kept on coming up and i was all 'yeah fuck this shit until i've got to grips with husserl first at least.' one day i will conquer the kingdom of ontology and all of philosophania will tremble under the shadow of my Broadsword o' Books and girls will want to let me squeeze out kensplatter in their squicky bits
don't read husserl he sucks
read husserl but only derrida's introduction to origin of geometry. so not really husserl but derrida.
Read husserl but replace him with Schelling instead.