http://www.cracked.com/article_20230_5-facts-that-will-change-how-you-picture-famous-places_p2.html

Mecca is the holy site in Saudi Arabia where the prophet Muhammad was born, and where every follower of Islam must make a pilgrimage to at least once in their lives. With a place so holy and so important to an entire culture, we're sure it is carefully preserved and kept an austere and solemn center of prayer that in no way resembles a giant rave in Las Vegas ...

And once again, we are incredibly, incredibly wrong. Man, we should really start looking one paragraph down before making these assumptions.

Getty

Albawaba

Ebookers.com

So basically, Vegas with non-alcoholic beverages and less scantily clad strippers.

Much like Vegas, in recent years Mecca has become a densely populated desert town filled with luxury accommodations like the Mecca Clock Royal Tower Hotel, high-end brand shops, and super-malls that display all the tactful, understated grace of a dubstep orgy. Which is all fine and dandy if the entire point of your existence is satisfying a dark rainbow of human vices like Las Vegas does, but less so if you're supposedly a sacred site for one of the biggest religions on the planet.

Mustafa Ozer / Getty

The Star

Albawaba

There's nothing wrong with selling coffee near a holy site, but it could at least be coffee that doesn't smell like burnt cat piss.

This isn't even about the general gaudification of Mecca, or the fact that roughly 90 percent of its pilgrims could never afford to visit any of the high-end shops and hotels surrounding the city's Great Mosque. The problem is that these new luxury add-ons to Mecca often come at the cost of important historical sites.

The Islamic Heritage Foundation claims that as many as 500 historical sites might have already been dynamited due to Mecca's continuous development, and many more are under threat, including the mountain where Mohammed received his Quran revelations and the house he was born in. That's like discovering the actual manger where Jesus was born and then tearing it down to put up a kiosk that sells "Jesus Is My Bro" T-shirts and giant foam "First Commandment Is No. 1" fingers.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20230_5-facts-that-will-change-how-you-picture-famous-places_p2.html#ixzz2d0dQdqBe
islam must simply transcend the material historical settings. like judaism transformed into rabbinic judaism etc after their rebellion was completely crushed. as if historical sites matter at all beyond capitalistic tourist attractions.
I actually consider it a good thing, out of character that is.
A dubstep orgy.
^ Update: The president supports the terrorists
i promise a Mecca in every home, a Kaaba in every pot
Extremity of political views is negatively correlated with mental health. We see this on Rhizzone: at one end of the spectrum, discipline, and at the other, Tpaine.
http://samsonblinded.org/news/are-the-arabs-really-different-from-mankind-25928
i have LONG said that Arabic writing r not real letters or words. if u look at it its really just a bunch of random scribble lines that anybody can do.
the way to test this is by when in Israel ask an Arab to read u a line written in “Arabic” say at a rail line stop in Jerusalem or just about any other sign. he will “translate” it and tell u what it says in either Hebrew or English. but note u will always c that there is always either English and/or Hebrew written above or below or somewhere sharing the same space as the scribbly lines! thats how they do it!
u want to c if i’m right? ok, find a sign in Israel and cover up the Hebrew and English. ask 10 different Arabs while they pass by what it says and u will get 10 different “translations”! i tried it!
the reason they r using a different part of the brain is because they r not reading they r imagining or thinking of beating their Jewish wives or what ever Arabs do when were not looking.

Lucille posted:

Extremity of political views is negatively correlated with mental health. We see this on Rhizzone: at one end of the spectrum, discipline, and at the other, Tpaine.

Extremity of political views is negatively correlated with being a little pussy ass BITCH

lol that comment
Why did you name yourself after a 1960s German guest worker program Gasterbeiter?
yyou should have called youself sturmabteilungmann
have you ever noticed in online ww2 games like red orchestra and men of war half the players have caled themselves some variation of BORMANN88 and shit
i have not

Panopticon posted:

have you ever noticed in online ww2 games like red orchestra and men of war half the players have caled themselves some variation of BORMANN88 and shit

in one of the last Crazy Survivalist Knife & Gun Man catalogs i get, in the "Historical Reenactment" section there was like one Communist flag and then 6 solid pages of Nazi memorabilia. theres always Nazi shit all over those things, its hilarious.

i probably have cumulatively more swastikas and iron crosses sitting in a stack of paper in my bathroom than there are on the average skinhead geocities site lol
same deal at gun shows

Lucille posted:

i have LONG said that Arabic writing r not real letters or words. if u look at it its really just a bunch of random scribble lines that anybody can do.
the way to test this is by when in Israel ask an Arab to read u a line written in “Arabic” say at a rail line stop in Jerusalem or just about any other sign. he will “translate” it and tell u what it says in either Hebrew or English. but note u will always c that there is always either English and/or Hebrew written above or below or somewhere sharing the same space as the scribbly lines! thats how they do it!
u want to c if i’m right? ok, find a sign in Israel and cover up the Hebrew and English. ask 10 different Arabs while they pass by what it says and u will get 10 different “translations”! i tried it!
the reason they r using a different part of the brain is because they r not reading they r imagining or thinking of beating their Jewish wives or what ever Arabs do when were not looking.

hahahahahahaha

fake but still amazing, goldmine

gastarbeiter posted:

same deal at gun shows

i get a sick, voyeuristic thrill every time im at a gun show and see a crowd of young black dues perusing the wares. i just know theres this cataclysmic, unwinninable war being bloodily fought deep down in that stall vendor's Epic Gut

if i were rich i would troll the shit out of the situation by sidling up, laying down a fat stack of ca$h and exclaiming "good afternoon, Comrades! this ones on me!"