cleanhands posted:

jeffery posted:

jools posted:

its cool putting slurs into google trends and seeing them decline as the internet gets less nerdy

someone go post this in d&d saying it means being cisgendered is more popular than ever

done

Daynab
Aug 4, 2008

What would you like to debate or discuss about this subject, OP?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Thus all my mind, absorbed,
was gazing, fixed, unmoving and intent,
becoming more enraptured in its gazing.

Wikipedia posted:
The terms cisgender and cissexual have more recently been used in publications, such as a 2006 article in the Journal of Lesbian Studies and Julia Serano's 2007 book Whipping Girl, after which the term gained some popularity among English-speaking activists and scholars.

Don't know about you, OP, but I've heard the term for the first time about one or perhaps two years ago (and probably googled it then, I can't remember). And correlating the frequency of Google searches with the "popularity" of the search term is problematic at best, as well.

daddyholes posted:

cleanhands posted:

jeffery posted:

jools posted:

its cool putting slurs into google trends and seeing them decline as the internet gets less nerdy

someone go post this in d&d saying it means being cisgendered is more popular than ever

done

mods plz change my name to xe said zhe said

daddyholes posted:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Thus all my mind, absorbed,
was gazing, fixed, unmoving and intent,
becoming more enraptured in its gazing.

Wikipedia posted:
The terms cisgender and cissexual have more recently been used in publications, such as a 2006 article in the Journal of Lesbian Studies and Julia Serano's 2007 book Whipping Girl, after which the term gained some popularity among English-speaking activists and scholars.

Don't know about you, OP, but I've heard the term for the first time about one or perhaps two years ago (and probably googled it then, I can't remember). And correlating the frequency of Google searches with the "popularity" of the search term is problematic at best, as well.

What do you mean by "austerity" or "context" or "historical change?"

deadken posted:

Maybe that means marxism is easier to explain than vegetables.

Report: Vegetables growing in complexity, population dumbfounded
the fuck is broccolini anyway

what were black people doing in 2010 that was so perplexing

flew too close to the sun, icarus

mongosteen posted:

karl marx also does that thing where a group of freshmen google him every new semester and then stop caring http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=karl%20marx

same with nuclear weapons, and poverty

deadken posted:

what were black people doing in 2010 that was so perplexing

what were you doing in australia????? ASIS mole detected!!!

Edited by thirdplace ()

lol ASIS

animedad posted:

jools posted:

yeah im hyper suspicious of "greenhouses!!" as a solution. why doesnt shennong or whoever it was still post... they were an actual agricultural scientist....

that guy owned... he talked about owning some land in michigan that he was going to farm. i wonder if he got sucked into that

http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=results&requestid=6962541

everyone knows i'm in mossad

swampman posted:

mongosteen posted:

karl marx also does that thing where a group of freshmen google him every new semester and then stop caring http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=karl%20marx

same with nuclear weapons, and poverty

and drug addiction, egypt, and thesaurus