[account deactivated]
Hoxha would never do that, lady
louis proyect: possibly a woman?
Pere Leben in favor of women only spaces
"The male intelligentsia must be prevented from forming itself into a ruling class. The standard of living of the gender is to remain low; it is of use to us only as a reservoir of labour".

HenryKrinkle posted:

khamsek currently getting into a twitter fight w/ that pere lebrun guy.

we'll that's my twitter update for the day, enjoy.

@PereLebrun's account is protected.

owned
female privilege

[account deactivated]

Bridal shop refuses to let transgender shopper try on gowns
Transgender bride complains of discrimination

A Saskatoon woman who identifies herself as transgender says a bridal shop in the city refused to let her try on dresses as she planned her wedding.

Rohit Singh says she was looking at outfits in Jenny's Bridal Boutique but when she asked to try one on, she was refused.

Singh said she plans to file a formal complaint about her treatment with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission.

"It might happen to some other transgender that might come to the store and she will hurt the same," Singh said. "It so embarrassed me and my husband."

"Discrimination," Singh said of the experience. "I'm damn sure it's discrimination."

The shop owner thought Singh was a man and felt other people in the store were uncomfortable with Singh trying on dresses.

"She said, sorry we don't allow men to wear dresses here," Singh recalled. "I said I'm not a man, I'm transgender."

Singh says she has started the process for a sex change.

When contacted Thursday by CBC News, the bridal shop owner, who declined to provide her surname, said she stands by her decision.

"To me it doesn't matter," the owner said. "He looked like a man. There was quite a few brides in the store. If you see a man trying on dresses, you're going to feel uncomfortable."

Singh later found a red gown at My Lynh Bridal, on Idylwyld Drive North, where she described the service as excellent. Singh's marriage took place on Monday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2013/05/02/sk-bridal-shop-transgender-130502.html

fucking retard owner. there are two questions you are allowed to ask the bride: one is "does this dress feel right?" the other is "which way do you dress?"

where the fuck is saskatoon lol
saskatroon
i just looked up where saskatoon is and i'm seriously not sure if there is a more "middle of nowhere" place in north america. not that that's relevant to the case really but it reminds me of doug stanhope's bit about how it's not 1840 anymore and you can just move
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

saskatoon is in the prairies. it is the 17th largest metro area in canada.

tpaine posted:

where shop owners think like you.

if i ran a bridal shop the last thing i would want would be to piss off the gays

small cities in canada are fairly nice places to live. i lived in kingston, ontario for about 7 years and it was nice enough. i could probably live in any small city if i had a nice job.
wtf is a "female"?
wrong thread heroguy
Nuh uh

getfiscal posted:

Goethestein posted:

saskatoon is in the prairies. it is the 17th largest metro area in canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatoon#Saskatoon_in_popular_culture
"Runnin' Back to Saskatoon" is a 1972 song by The Guess Who. Saskatoon is also mentioned in the City and Colour song "Comin' Home". In 1960, Johnny Cash recorded "The Girl in Saskatoon", a song he co-wrote with Johnny Horton. In 1975 Sonny James recorded "A Little Bit South of Saskatoon" which is featured in the 1977 film Slap Shot.

The cover art of Joni Mitchell's Clouds album, is a self-portrait, by Mitchell, of herself and the city of Saskatoon.

Mentioned in Adam Sandler's film Grown Ups by a lifeguard at the water park.

a 1946 novelty song by Irving Caesar, Sammy Lerner and Gerald Marks opens with the lyric "What a delight when I think of the night that I met you on, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan."

In the SNES game Super Punch-Out!!, the Canadian boxer Bear Hugger was originally depicted as being from Saskatoon, before later being changed to Salmon Arm, British Columbia.

getfiscal posted:

small cities in canada are fairly nice places to live. i lived in kingston, ontario for about 7 years and it was nice enough. i could probably live in any small city if i had a nice job.

You never told us you did time for the cause.

Everyone needs to get out there and GET. THOSE. JOBS!
As Hoxha said, "The revolution is not a lemonparty." Thank you comrade Hoxha
Khamsek linked to this site on her twitter. Goat you might want to listen to this advice if you want to protect your daughter in the future.
http://iwantrest.com/2013/04/19/6-ways-parents-can-protect-their-children-from-sex-trafficking/

Last week I opened my internet browser in hopes to catch up with the chatter I’d been hearing about North Korea. Instead of reading about the potential threat of a terrorist attack from a foreign nation, my eyes met an article about domestic terrorism. Predators – traffickers – who have waged war against our children.

As soon as the link opened, my eyes met a picture of a girI, 13 years old, grinning with just enough smile to notice small gaps from where her teeth had not quite grown in since loosing her baby teeth. She is so young. Police say she likely ran away from her Washington home with an older boy she had met online.

As I stared at her face, I was thankful that this girl had a fighting chance to be found because at least she had parents that were concerned and present enough in her life to report her missing. But, so many girls in her situation aren’t that fortunate. And even more girls believe that this boy (or man) is the ticket out of her chaotic or lonely world. I couldn’t help but wonder, “Would our teams meet her one day on the streets of Seattle while doing outreach to girls being exploited and sold?”

Sex traffickers target children because of their vulnerability and naïvety. The average age of entry into prostitution is 12 to 14 years old and traffickers – terrorists really – are known to recruit at schools, malls and through social media. Recruitment takes many forms: kidnapping; solicitation by other women or girls recruiting on behalf of the sex trafficker; the “boyfriend” approach of appearing romantically interested while slowly coercing them into prostitution; and even the “daddy” form where men promise to care for and be a daddy to girls who long for protection and provision.

As a parent myself, my own heart begs the question, “What can I do?” Here are six things that you can do to help prevent your child from being lured away by a trafficker:

1. Set a high standard of “love” within your home. The way you define and express love shapes your children’s self-image, confidence and opinions of future relationships. Treat them the way you want their future spouses to treat them. Help them to distinguish between real love and empty promises or cheap gifts.

2. Talk to your children about sexual abuse. According to the US Department of Justice, every two minutes someone in the US is sexually assaulted, of which 29% are ages 12-17. Let your children know that if anyone has or ever does hurt them, they can talk to you. This is the most important thing you can say. Don’t assume they have not been hurt by sexual violence before. Leave the door open for your child to talk about past circumstances that they haven’t shared with you.

3. Talk to your children about sex trafficking. Discuss ways children and teens are targeted for sex trafficking. Let them know that traffickers specifically try to woo young girls and boys with promises of a better life – whether it’s promises of love and attention or promises of nice things and trips – these pimps look for ways of exploiting dreams. Traffickers can be male or female, even classmates. Traffickers may even use kids to recruit other kids.

4. Talk to your children about the dangers of social media. It’s important to provide practical safety tips like: don’t share personal information on the Internet; don’t accept Facebook requests from unknown people; NEVER share naked photos of yourself with anyone; and tell a parent or a trusted adult if you feel threatened or uncomfortable online. Also, children need help in defining friendships. Social media has distorted our childrens’ understanding of what friendship means. Teach them that a friend is not someone you met yesterday and that a “friend” on Facebook is not the same thing as a friendship.

5. Pay attention to your children. Monitor your children’s social media accounts, look for ways to meet their friends, their friends’ parents and those they hang out with. Be alert to boyfriends who are much older, or friendships that tend to isolate your child from other friends or family. Notice if your child has new clothing items, makeup products, cell phone or other items and inquire about how they aquired them.

6. Invite your kids to pray for those enslaved. Sexual assault and trafficking can be a fearful or overwhelming subject for children. Invite them to take action by praying for those who are enslaved. This allows for children to acknowledge the suffering of young people who have been trafficked while placing hope in a God who desires freedom for the oppressed.

[account deactivated]
MadMedico really gets upset when he cant jerk it. How about you put yourself in his shoes and try pullin at the tiniest violin when you got your hands full of the lord. Science is really real

discipline posted:

what part pisses you off? is it the part where they pray?

Now what gives you the impression that I would be upset at an article like this?

[account deactivated]
unemployment is still high, so traffickers create jobs, especially in the youth labour market. if women didn't want to be prostitutes they wouldn't do it, according to economic theory.

MadMedico posted:

discipline posted:

what part pisses you off? is it the part where they pray?

Now what gives you the impression that I would be upset at an article like this?

your post history lol

Who wants to work? Nobody! But we all do. Maybe these people should work their 9 to 5, collect their pay checks, And live their damn lives like the rest of us. Waaaah waaaah I'm a victim!

Keven posted:

Who wants to work? Nobody! But we all do. Maybe these people should work their 9 to 5, collect their pay checks, And live their damn lives like the rest of us. Waaaah waaaah I'm a victim!

it's the "everybody gets a trophy" culture

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Excuse me but I don't go into your place of business and knock the vivek chibbers out of your mouth